Eliminate ultra rares in EOK.

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Fyuri, Feb 6, 2018.

1. Fyuri Journeyman

Time to play with the big boys, daddy needs more people to group with.

I can kill EOK mobs with a chance to drop these 1 per 12 seconds. I see more people killing in FM than OT. Reduce the drop rate by half in EOK zones or eliminate it completely... Add a higher experience gain or chance for ultra rares for progression quests so folks can get willing help if they need it.

As it is you're better off farming ultra rares than doing a 3 tier armor progression to T2 RoS.
  2. Mordeen Lorekeeper

This is your solution? Yet another nerf? How about just increasing the experience and drop rates in RoS to...you know...make it more worthwhile for players to play there? There are many casual players who cannot survive in RoS, some are trying to gear up in EoK so they can handle RoS.
  3. Fyuri Journeyman

You can buy Conflagrant in baz for next to nothing, it is head and shoulders better than EOK T2 gear, alternatively you can farm the components for free in OT off trash mobs. Conflagrant is almost T2 RoS gear, come play with the big boys, couple cactus dots and chicken stuns shouldn't scare you.

I don't agree they should have made Conflagrant as easy it is to get, but it is... So why are you farming obsolete gear?
  4. Mordeen Lorekeeper

Maybe on your server it's "next to nothing", on my server most conflagrant gear starts at 100k and goes up to over 1.5 million per piece. That's a few million pp for a full set of gear with jewelry, shoulders, back, and augs. Not a lot of casuals can pay that kind of pp. You say they can farm the components, how are they gonna do that when they don't have the gear, augs and aa to survive in RoS? Whatever. I'm done.
    Skewert and Xianzu_Monk_Tunare like this.
  5. Bigstomp Augur

Instead of posting on the forums to nerf things, maybe try doing the social thing and building a group to go do progression.
    /gu Building a group to go do X does wonders to get anything you need done done.
    Note: the "to go do X" part is important.
    /gu Ihaveaclass LFG is far less effective.
    Gana and Zhaunil_AB like this.
  6. Bigstomp Augur

I've seen plenty of casuals go get both some components and some gear by using the /invite command.
    Tucoh likes this.
  7. Mordeen Lorekeeper

Good luck with that.
  8. Bigstomp Augur

I see it daily. Lots of casuals, sometimes a raider mixed in, but I see it daily. Casuals getting stuff done.
  9. Snowman Augur

people need faction also ....
  10. Zhaunil_AB Augur

I had a ROFL moment when i read this.
    Are you sure that you are not just another forum-incarnation of tnot?
    One one of his partners in the item-farmer's sweatshop?
    You farmed "enough" by now and want to shut down "competition" now?
    (i see so many cross-server sellers i have to wonder about their stock; but i bet it's all just the same sweatshop's hydras)
    I wonder as this thread seems to have the same signature tone with much the same "arguments".

During beta, Dev's were actually asked if there were rares dropping again and they said (in a vid, i am sure you can find it) "yes". They did not make new ones, but supposedly the same EoK rares are dropping in RoS as they are in EoK (and not just in FM). "Supposedly", because i have yet to see one or have that confirmed by guildies.
    So if these bot-farmers (and yes, the far majority i see in FM *are* botters) and the few regular players actually want to waste their time in FM killing the mobs there for the remote chance of a rare they're not really going to sell, they're welcome to - that keeps them out of "my" zones and leaves me more mobs to kill that actually give some a bit XP and gear for my ALTs.

Yes, if you see just the result, you ARE better off getting those EoK rares - after all they are attunable copies of EoK raid loot. And thankfully, they have gone back to not completely outdate last expansion's raid gear with current expansion's group gear as they did in TBM=>EoK, so EoK raid gear is actually still "worth something".
    But if you think the droprate warrants spending your (or someone else spending his) time "farming" them, then you are either some lucky bastard, a cheater or deluding yourself - one or more of the three i'm sure would apply if you were serious about the above.

I do not mind if people are in FM - then i know where they are and they don't get in my way - double win!
    I don't even mind then getting the occasional raid item - and if they can even sell it for 2-3kronos, then hey - what do i care? I am long since in full EoK raid, visibles and all, and am getting RoS stuff. My ALTs are getting EoK raid stuff slowly but surely and for other ALTs there's the armor you mentioned, Tradeskill stuff or the T2 - with those even my ALTs can overpower EoK too.
    So while these farmers (it might not surprise you, but right or wrong i am putting you into the same bag for the absurdity of your request) might end up with "better gear" than my ALTs, i am - from my personal experience - sure they spend a whole lot more time getting it too.
    Why should i bother?
    And - more importantly - why should Dev's bother?
    We equip apps with what they need in a few EoK T3 raids, even if we eventually reject them - should raid gear be removed too because we are "breeding" some groupers/casuals (well, wannabe-raiders that don't have what it takes to raid, but enough to "abuse" our patience) with raidgear that outdates itself in another year?

Or shouldn't we rather accept that they're there and "do their thing" and let Dev's instead do THEIR thing (which they really, really need time for!)?
    How do you think are EoK raid-quality items - dropping in EoK group content so rarely that i have personally seen only 7 or 9 of them over a whole year and within my guild we could have maybe equipped 5chars in that year with them - endangering the game as a whole enough to warrant getting them removed?

These rares are basically just a lottery.
    And the regular grouper that gets one will likely cherish and remember it well beyond it "life expectancy" - like we did cherish our self-won Swiftblade of Zek, NBoB or somesuch that we won - even when it was some years after the "top dogs" were doing that content.
    Goal achieved - why remove?
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  11. Skvoid Elder

One thing I hate about ultra rares is it discourages grouping, boxers are less willing to add randoms to group as they don't want to roll on a ultra rare drop, or if they do add you they will say you can't roll on a ultra rare drop (which I don't mind, but makes me think how many times you don't get a group because they don't want any potential hassle)
  12. Zhaunil_AB Augur

I think the actual number of boxers not adding you because of that is much less than you fear.

I can only speak for myself and to a small extent the people i know, and i for one (same for my friends) simply do not add many people when boxing well...
    BECAUSE we are boxing.
    And as such i/we want to be able to go afk, have those bio- and sometimes extended breaks and such WITHOUT burdening anyone (or our own conscience) with waiting for us, wasting their time waiting.
    It has nothing to do with rares, really.
    Sure, i do not have to hear any argument either when i find and simply assign one to myself to loot.
    I know whom i'd give 'em to if i should loot another, and a random "partner" isn't my first choice, especially when i - even though i slack - usually do 50% or more of the damage and at least 2/3rds of "the work" anyways.

So yes, that topic is "there" - like in the back of my head. And i like to reduce any potential for hassle too.
    But its NOT as predominant or excluding as you fear it is.

There are people i won't invite to a group, ever, and there's people/characters that i might still invite, but would still rather not and if i do, only rarely.
    That's because they are on MY no-group list or have otherwise gotten my "attention" and have landed in the "avoid" category.
    THOSE are - besides the above-mentioned slack as the reason#1, overshadowing anything else - my reasons not to invite someone, not some random (or imagined) worry about loot.
  13. Angahran Augur

I'm thinking the OP has got all the rare drop items he want's and doesn't want anyone else to have them.
  14. Gialana Augur

Your last sentence is misleading. Only visible armor requires a 3 tier armor progression to get to T2 RoS. Only non-visible armor (including weapons and shields even though you can technically see them when equipped) is included in the EoK raid-quality global rares.
  15. Fyuri Journeyman

It's never stopped me from inviting anyone to my group, I often add 1 player even though I'm doing the Pulling, Tanking, DPS, and a merc is healing. I just Pass on all loot that's no drop typically.

It's doesn't happen often, but If there's just 1 or 2 slots which I need to upgrade, and that item drops, I simply say that... " This is the only slot I need, So I am Greeding this... ". The people I group with have gotten so many drops and rots that they don't care, they're happy to be in my groups and inquire often if I have space.. Though I play 3 characters I only roll on 1 of them, so I'm giving away most of my work and drops most of the time. It hasn't happened yet but I would likely take the same approach to Ultra rares, If I'm running a fully functional group, including pulling, and I have someone piggybacking with me, I would probably claim greed on the ultra rare. It's not the amount of work I'm doing, which is a lot, it is that there is almost nothing else that drops that I need. If it was a good friend or a very hard working player or puller, Id probably do a roll.

& I don't think there's anything wrong with that. If you're doing 80% of the work all the time and giving away 90% of the loot, when something drops that you need, you just claim greed. That's not rude, it's right and fair.

I was running a player through a mission yesterday for his own benefit, during which he died and was of little help. A 40 slot traceable Bag dropped and he claimed a greed roll and won. That, actually, was pretty rude in my opinion, because anything else that dropped was certainly going to him and the entire mission was being run for his benefit.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  16. smash Augur

Translated the OP: I have farmed a lot of chase items, and I cannot sell them, so to give me less competition, I want devs to remove my competition on farming them..

Guess you the same person, which got another account, where you posted more or less the same thing..
    Niknik likes this.
  17. IblisTheMage Augur

I have never gotten an ultrarare. I once bougth a chase loot ring, still wearing it.
    Sancus likes this.
  18. smash Augur

Basically, if I run my own group, and someone asks to join, then I say from start: If you wanna join its ok, but know that if there drops a rare chase item, then I will take it. You can say no, but then you not in group.
  19. DruidCT Augur

Are people really farming for ultra rares? The drop rate is so low I can't imagine it. I've seen 3 drop in three years of playing, won one. Guildmates similarly have like one at most. Plenty of auction spam for it but its the same people spamming the same item for weeks. So there are people who buy and sell them but I don't think they are farming them themselves, they are trying to buy and resell. I don't see an actual problem.... maybe people are misinterpreting what they are seeing.
  20. Stephen51 Augur

I think your idea is a little less carrot, a little more stick. We have had quite a lot of that lately.
    As I understand it the rares dropping in ROS are the same ones that were dropping in EOK. Perhaps if they have introduced new rares for the new expansion, the raid quality drops go back at least as far as COTF, and when TDS came out, with a level increase, the random rares dropping in TDS were a whole new set.
    Perhaps had Day Break introduced a new set of random rares, then more people would be fighting in ROS, however I think there is more to it that rares. ROS is just a little unpleasant for some to gain xp in, and it's their prerogative to xp when they want.
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.