Will account to account transfers happen soon?

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by slayerofbats, Jan 2, 2018.

1. Dythan Ban Lev in Plane of Fire guy

More importantly, moving toons of of 1 account onto another is a neat perk, that doesn't seem to be working now. Acting like you are somehow owed this service is a weird way to live life. Off the top of my head, I can't think of any other game that has ever had that feature.
  2. Mjod Journeyman

Blizzard has been offering account to account transfers for quite some time. If memory serves, EQ started offering the service after Blizzard demonstrated it was profitable.

I too appreciate the honest response, and hope the service is back soon. In the mean time I've migrated to Test. While I'm on Test, I plan to keep one account subscribed, just because I want to support the game.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  3. slayerofbats Augur

I can't think of a game that wouldn't let you do this. And in fact there is a free EQ server that gives people the tools to do it themselves from the webpage. All you need to do is log out of the accounts, drag and drop the characters you want to move, and log back in. All made by 1 guy. It is more complex here because the accounts contain payment info but it shouldn't be that hard. The charge is high too.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  4. Gyurika Godofwar Augur

The price for it is way too high for EQ. Add in the hassle of it requires to go through the process and the time it takes to get it done when the service was functioning and it makes it not worth it for me. You can make a new character and level them up while gearing them along the way for next to nothing instead.
    slayerofbats likes this.
  5. Taemek Lorekeeper

What I don't understand is, if this is strictly an effort to minimise the impact of account selling via 3rd party websites, you already had featured in to minimise this via not allowing account to account transfers if the account was less then 1 year old and on top of that, you required people start to use the SMS authentication process to prove they were the original owner of the account. Failing these two requirements above resulted in a failed transfer.

If this is an effort to get people to reroll characters on new accounts and trying to cash grab by forcing people to buy more xp potions, really bad move, you will simply lose customers to this mindset.

I play on Phinnigel (TLP). My Cleric and Bard are on one account and I want to box them together and have been waiting for this service to open back up, there is no way in hell am I levelling up another Cleric or Bard on my other account given the time it is starting to take to level up and get those AA's back when I can simply spend the 20 dollars to transfer and continue on.

Using the above scenario from my situation, you will force players away or force them to look into buying more 3rd party accounts which will not stop the issue you are trying to prevent, that's if this is what you are trying to achieve and if this is what you are trying to achieve, put more effort in to identifying people who move a lot of characters from one account to another. You are not going to stop 3rd party account selling of one account, if you do you will be the first company in internet history to achieve this.

Stop stuffing us about and give the feature back, no one has a clue to why you are doing this, what you are discussing or why you are even discussing a process where I want to spend money with your company, but you don't seem to want my money. Is DBG shutting down? Cutting more headcount in a bid to make as much as you can before moving on to the next title?

The flipping the switch excuse is just that and this is as simple as flipping a switch.

Do you want my money or not?
  6. Mafiaman984 Journeyman

I have opened multiple requests to transfer since the server is down. The response I finally got was account to account transfers are a manual transfer versus server to server is automated. If I had to take a guess they are either:

A) sorting through the mass bans they did on live servers for people exploiting raid chests
    B) the only person capable of completing this work isn't with the company anymore.

I use my account setup in a similar manner to yours; I power level a toon with my enchanter, cleric, and mage/monk and then move it to the account that I will be using him on. This is crippling as I stated before because guilds stick together for grouping and it's not worth my time hoping randoms with similar gear level want to do some of the content I am trying to do. I'm currently sitting on a 70 SK with 500 AA because this service is down.
    Catarina Kerr likes this.
  7. lefous Elder

still no new ? meh!
  8. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Wanted to do an account to account too but I don't think we will see these any time soon.
  9. Mafiaman984 Journeyman

Happy monday morning daybreak,

Sure would be a hell of a better day if you fixed this service and took my 25$ in the process. Just food for thought.

Signed: Paying customer.
  10. Mafiaman984 Journeyman

Happ Tuesday morning daybreak,

Sure would be a hell of a better day if you fixed this service and took my 25$ in the process. Just food for thought.

Signed: Paying customer.
  11. Mafiaman984 Journeyman

Oh Hey - It's still Tuesday and this service is still unavailable.
  12. Tulerezzer Fujimoto New Member

I'm going to cancel one of my accounts if I can't transfer a character to it very soon. This is past the point of worth waiting for.
    Plato likes this.
  13. Mafiaman984 Journeyman

SURE WOULD BE A HAPPY DAY IF WE COULD GIVE YOU OUR MONEY. STILL PLENTY OF TIME IN THE DAY TO FIX THIS PROCESS. MAYBE IF WE ALL USE HOLLYS EMAIL AND SPAM HER WE CAN GET SOMEONE TO ACTUALLY FOCUS ON GETTING THIS FIXED.
  14. Mafiaman984 Journeyman

I'm sure what i've posted above will earn me a permanent ban. If you want Hollys email address PM me. That wasn't a joke. My guild has used it to petition in mass for help on issues like this that aren't being resolved.
  15. Krosus New Member

Got to say its getting pretty tedious waiting for a firm update although it is saving me money.
  16. Mafiaman984 Journeyman

No big deal bud. They will continue to take our money.

Bump. I'll just keep sending to Hollys email address until I get the response i'm looking for.
  17. Mafiaman984 Journeyman

I also was "warned" by DBG for:

I tried communicating constructively. I've tried asking nicely via petition. Guess me calling this "pathetic" has irked the forum mod. Guess what - I don't care. This is beyond disrespectful to your paying customer base.
    Tule likes this.
  18. Paladin Augur

Please get this back on track ASAP. After all we pay what, the equivalent of $25 a toon for this? You guys need cash flow, well, here ya go.

I want to swap Necros on two accounts, so my $50 is waiting for you to take....
    Plato and Catarina Kerr like this.
  19. Dewhead Journeyman

Day 1: Customer: I'll take the New England Clam Chowder. DBG: Sorry, we're out of the chowder. Customer: Oh, well you have it on your menu, see... right here. DBG: Sorry, we're out of the choder. Customer: Oh, when do you think you'll get it back. DBG: Soon (tm). Customer: Ok, I'll come back another time and see if you have it because I really love your New England Clam Chowder.

Day 2: Customer: I'll take the New England Clam Chowder. DBG: Sorry, we're out of the chowder. Customer: I really want the chowder. Look, I have money. DBG: Sorry, we don't have the chowder right now. Customer: When will you have the chowder? Cant' you see I have money? DBG: We know that people want the chowder, we just have a problem getting the clams right now. Supply-chain, you know? Other customers: We like chowder too!

Day 15: Customer: Give me chowder. I have money. DBG: Look, we're still out of the chowder. We hope to have it back ASAP! Customer: This is unacceptable - you are a restaurant. You have this on your menu and I want it. I'm going to make it my mission to make sure you know that you not having the product I want is unacceptable. Do you know how easy it is to make clam chowder? Look at how many people want it! What's wrong with you!?

Day 16: Customer stands up in restaurant and shouts: LOOK AT THESE PEOPLE! THEY HAVE NO CHOWDER! LET'S ALL SEND ANGRY LETTERS TO THE REGIONAL MANAGER TO TELL THEM THAT WE WANT CHOWDER.

Day 17: Customer: I have the regional manager's email address - if we all send them an email, I'm sure they will drop what they are doing and make sure we get chowder right now. Come on, my pals and I did this last month when they stopped offering Diet Dr. Pepper. Letter campain people! DBG: Sir, can you please sit down and stop bothering these people who are trying to eat their lunch? I'm sorry we don't have chowder yet. Also, please stop sending letters to our regional manager - remember, we reserve the right to refuse service to anyone.

Day 18: Customer: OMG can't you see I just wanted some clam chowder? Why did you have to threaten me!?

Bro, they are out of chowder.
    Kedra Leafwalker likes this.
  20. Catarina Kerr New Member

I did a character transfer in EQ, from one account to another, way back.... let me tell you, it was much more than $25. And yes, they did transfers before WoW ever existed.
    I hope they fix it where you don't have to wait for a GM to do it. That would be worth the wait for me.
    Actually, I've heard, in game, that only one person does transfers. So.... I think maybe he quit or is doing bans? LMAO!