Powersource Stacking

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by ~Mills~, Feb 5, 2018.

1. ~Mills~ Augur

Is there any chance we can have powersources stack? Even if this means giving them some clickable state that alters them similar to tradeskill versions. Set them to state 1 when not in use and this state allows you to stack them up to 20 or something. Then when you want to equip you click them to enter state 0, which allows them to be used but not stack.
    Yinla and Maedhros like this.
  2. Aurastrider Augur

I would just be happy if you could stack them while equipped. One less thing to micromanage in game. Not high on my list of things that I would like improved but something that would be a nice QOL improvement when they have time.
    Yinla likes this.
  3. Sokki Still Won't Buff You!!

I think the Devs have said before that PS's can't stack due to how they work. The only thing they would be able to do is make them like the TS one's where they stack until you open them, once opened you won't be able to stack them or convert them back to being stackable. The current one's were a last minute addition that wasn't even planned, I believe the stacking issue was brought up on beta, but due to time constraints we're lucky we even got PS's let alone stacking ones.
  4. ~Mills~ Augur

This has gone on since TDS so they have had more time than that.
  5. Ngreth Thergn Developer

Doing this is low on the priority list, but not impossible.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  6. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

Marketplace power source combiner thing, like the way HF suits work? Not that I want to have to pay SC for it...but I’d imagine if it made money it could get bumped up the priority list? =/
  7. Wulfhere Augur

Thanks for reading.

I for one would rather see belts adds to bandolier because of the several types of sympathies and procs. Swapping out slow, for cripple, for procs, for spells, is like old school bard-play swapping instruments. Many classes do this to provide a boost to their abilities and burns.
  8. Ngreth Thergn Developer

That's code. Out of my hands and not a task I can complete.
    I can make the change to power sources.
  9. Stephsanity Augur

A tab in inventory for PS's and have like 100 space would be nice
  10. Venedar Lorekeeper

Rather see them just stacking instead of another Market Place item. So far nothing with Power Source been connected with DBGC cash (at least what I remember). I understand what Ngreth says it's not priority but atm the PS's is filling up our inventory fast.
  11. Ngreth Thergn Developer

Hoard less?
    Even when (it's possible it's an if since people like to use the word "chance" around here, so there is a chance this is an if... both sides of us can abuse the word chance... and note; I don't fall for the chance trap...) I make they them stack, they aren't going to stack to 1000. Probably not even 100. Probably 20.
  12. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

Even 20 would make a huge difference and be appreciated sir. Since they’re temporary in nature one can’t really have too many of them, so hoarding is a way of life! Or make it so we can combine 25-50 if them into a perfected one that never runs out of juice ;).
  13. Bobsmith Augur

Hell I'm not greedy stacks of 5 for dropped ps would be great.
  14. Warpeace Augur

Who are you kidding this is Everquest:p

Stacking to 20 would be great.

I have a list of anniversary currency bought items that really could use the same attention.
  15. Sindaiann Augur

I have to echo the sentiments in this thread

+1 Stackable Power Sources
    +1 Belt/Power Source added to Bandoiler

I would also really like to see the ability to draw tradeskills materials straight from our personal bank as well. Other MMOs have this functionality and it truly is a quality of life improvement that would be welcomed in EQ.

I understand the last one may be more difficult or near impossible due to existing old code, however it's still on my wishlist.
  16. Zhaunil_AB Augur

Now THAT is a weird concept for EQ.
    I thought this game is all about hoarding.
    Hoarding tradeskill items over a decade so you can finally make use of them without carpal tunnel syndrome, for example.
    Quests that span whole expansions with dozens of items and only 10reward windows - hoarding required!
    Getting ever more and more items to further your character (and since especially old stuff doesn't tribute even now... hoard, reminiscence!)...
    Keep around at least one set of non-prestige gear for when you as a player feel the need to fall back to silver...
    And wasn't housing introduced to make "hoarding" an art? :)

For powersources, i would say we (raiders especially but probably all players) "hoarded" powersources in preparation for the new expansion - simply because one never knows how long the 5day week would be run before raids are on farm.
    Stacking things always helps on bank space and is therefore appreciated.
    Even though i much agree on the "if" and "chance" - because you have more pressing work to do i'm afraid.
    Fixing chat-lag, properly tune an expansion (incl risk vs reward), undo some recent changes...
    You guys know how to keep yourself busy to hold QoL changes like this on a backburner :)
  17. Jetslam Augur

How many PSs do you guys carry on you to need them to stack? Can't keep a bag in the bank and go grab a fresh one every few days at the most that it would wear out?

Granted my non-raid play time hasn't been much lately, but I've been wearing the same PS for a few weeks and visited the bank many times during that time that I could have grabbed a new one.