Horses in Outdoor Instances - Supposed to be unsummonable?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by jack of all trades, Feb 5, 2018.

1. jack of all trades Elder

So, I didn't play on Phinny, so I apologize if this is well known information.

Are the horses meant to be unusable in the Outdoor raids in Luclin? So far, we've been unable to use them in Umbral Plains and Griegs End, both of which allow horses in open world.

It seems a tad ridiculous that you wouldn't be able to summon them, since well, these zones are outdoors..
  2. Accipiter Old Timer

Sure seems like a bug. I remember this from when I did GE instances on Phinny. I suppose it could be a conscious choice for raid instances but it seems dumb.
  3. Prathun Developer

Verified and fixed internally. Thanks for letting us know.
  4. jack of all trades Elder

Thanks for the fast response Prathun!
  5. TimeBreak Elder

Are we sure this is fixed? I didn't even try to re-summon Horse or Chokidai tonight in Grieg's instance since it auto collapsed them upon zoning in Griegs from AoC. Both my Pal and Enc were on mounts in Scarlet Dessert when telling the AoC ready; both popped in zone without mounts.
  6. qweasy Augur

It was fixed internally which means it will be fixed for us in the next patch sometime in the next month, hopefully.
  7. Prathun Developer

This is a good opportunity to review the Game Update FAQ.

"A developer mentioned that something was fixed internally, but I don't see the change yet.

The team doesn't work directly on the Live servers. We implement on Beta or on a personal server. Fixed internally means that a change was made, but that change is not yet Live. An update that pushes out the code, data, and/or assets is necessary for that change to take effect on Live."
    Icetea, Risiko, BearmanSW and 3 others like this.
  8. Darchias Augur

I admire the way you answered that question Prathun, particularly the way you linked the FAQ. Explaining jargon, even ones we don't usually think about like that, is an important part of reaching out and engaging players. Good job!

..... I can't find a way to phrase this without sounding sarcastic. I really mean it Prathun, thank you for engaging your playerbase in a clear, constructive way.
  9. Ryak Augur

He was just trying to be helpful, you didn't have to respond so sarcastically! :p

Ok, but seriously, I think both the devs and the community have been doing a pretty good job lately of respecting eachother as human beings and working together.
    Darchias likes this.
  10. Baldur Augur

I'm glad you finally fixed this, but I reported it the "proper" way, through the DGC issue tracker almost a year ago and nothing was ever done until someone posts on the forums.

https://dgcissuetracker.com/browse/EQ-1503
  11. Darchias Augur

They've become better at engaging the playerbase since a year ago. I think they might have hired more staff! A great year for Daybreak Games.
  12. Prathun Developer

Sorry if we missed reports for this previously. It should be addressed in tomorrow morning's update. (Feb 21)
    Risiko likes this.
  13. Risiko Augur

Oh... didn't realize tomorrow is patch day. Does that mean we get to click items from bags and use banolier on Agnarr starting tomorrow? :)
    oldkracow likes this.
  14. Baldur Augur

Yes it does. I'm more excited about click from bags on Phinny, but still...