[Phinigel / Ragefire / Lockjaw] PoR Instancing Request/Reminder

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Jaera, Feb 4, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jaera Augur

Hello devs, here's your friendly reminder for the instancing in PoR that will break up the bottlenecks! There are two patches potentially for this and I'm assuming all work for the February patch has already been committed to, so hopefully this stuff will make it for the March patch, hence posting this without even a week of DoDH having gone by for Phin.

Relic, the Artifact City
    These raid encounters are required to gain access to fight Daosheen the Firstborn:
    Tsikut
    Ashenback
    Shar'drahn
    Portio the Secondborn + Midnight

The Devastation
    These raid encounters are required to gain access to Razorthorn's raid instance:
    The Great Military Commander - Example NPC is Bartol the Cragmaker, a chest spawns when they die with bones required for the quest.
    Titanothon

Sverag, Stronghold of Rage
    This raid encounter is required to gain access to Razorthorn's raid instance:
    Bold Invader - Example NPC is Aryer the Warlord, a chest spawns when they die with bones required for the quest.

Theater of Blood
    These raid encounters are required to gain access to Deathknell:
    Gnarlibramble
    Vasella Fireblood
    Anastacia the Thought Drinker
    Maestro Tan'lor
    Mad Mary-Anne
    Valik the Cruel

Everything else in PoR for progression (and everything TSS and onward) does not require open world raid events, so this should be the last stuff you need to do!
  2. KPW99 Lorekeeper

You mean just phinigel right?
  3. Jaera Augur

Ragefire and Lockjaw will get there eventually!
  4. yukan Augur

The changes made for Vule were made for all servers, as they should be. Whatever changes are made to eliminate the open world chokeholds for Phinny may as well be made for all servers. By instancing Vule for all servers, they avoided having to intervene in the future for Ragefire/Lockjaw. They may as well do the same for PoR instanced mobs.
    FluttyMan likes this.
  5. Barudin_Phinigel Augur

I second this as well. Please make these changes not just for us on Phinny but for our friends on Lockjaw and Ragefire as well.

As a happy side note this should be the last expansion we need changes like these made for!
  6. Ngreth Thergn Developer

I have read this. No comments past that at this time.
    Ryak likes this.
  7. Angered Augur

Can we also get RSS From OOW... It wont help Phinny =( But when you give us the next TLP server with FV Rule set... (true box AOC TLP) It'll be neat to do in 2021... Unless Pantheon is out then well =(
  8. Zapsos Augur

Difference is those aren't progression targets and the loot is kind of "Meh"
  9. Raltar Augur

Pantheon...lol.
  10. Kragin Augur

I wouldn't say it's the last thing this server will need, I can think of a couple others down the line ;p
  11. Machentoo Augur

Plus, no TLP will hit those for at least the next 2-3 years, in fact there hasn't even been a new TLP announced that would ever hit those. So kinda a waste of effort at this point... Maybe revisit when someone will actually use it.
  12. Ryak Augur

Thanks for taking the time to put together this detailed post!

The good news for everyone involved is that after PoR, that is the last of the open world progression content, EVER. (As far as my research has been able to uncover, anyways)

EDIT: Oh, i guess you beat me to saying that, actually.
  13. Ryak Augur

That's all we need to hear for now.

You and the rest of the devs have done a fantastic job with the previous open world progression, and hopefully the resources are available to finish just as strong.
  14. Darchon_Xegony Augur

Being that we have passed the February test patch, we will only have one more Test patch before PoR launches. Any updates on whether we will see some AoC creations or entire reworking of events like Vule?

We currently have around 10 guilds completed with Demiplane and another 5-7ish working on Demiplane in era. If we do not see instancing of these mobs for requesting and participating in raids, you will see about 3-4 guilds complete PoR in era as opposed to the about 15 or so guilds that will complete DoDH.
  15. Prathun Developer

The team is looking into this. Appreciate all the details in the post.
    We will report further when and if we have something to report.
  16. taliefer Augur

im just posting so the red name in the "last message" column goes away. seeing "blue blue blue blue RED blue blue blue" in that column drove me bonkers.
  17. Miena Elder

Another bump as this is approaching and important for the health of the Phinigel server.
  18. Ryak Augur

Extremely important...
  19. Barudin_Phinigel Augur

20. Taktek New Member

Obvious bump for instancing.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.