AddPower Source to bandolier

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Danladil, Feb 2, 2018.

1. Danladil Elder

I brought this up at a panel a couple years back and was advised to bring it up. Just throwing it out there again to see if there is any support for this.

I play a support class that changes weapons and my utility function depending on the role I play in group or raid. Currently I have to switch weapons with bandolier and open my bags and physically have to swap out a power source for the situations I am in (I know the horror of clicking open a bag). More often then not it requires me to do this faster than I am currently able. I can switch between metal, light, and elemental power sources depending on the situation. When it being catching a lose add, burning with nukes, or straight up melleing each orb adds a dimension to my support that is significantly better depending on what is required. I am sure I don't play the only support class that has to do this but I cannot comment on others. I did a mock up of what the bandolier would look like-
    [IMG]
  2. Lianeb Augur

I have to admit this would be nice.
    Currently I created a spot in my player window ui that has the PS slot and a specified inventory that sit next to each other and I swap that way it is pretty convenient but a bandolier slot would be better and faster.
  3. svann Augur

Was just thinking the same thing only about 20 minutes ago.
  4. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

I would rather there were a way to have the weapons go to a specific bag in inventory - anyone know of one? If I have a slot open near the top then my forages land in there, hate spending time looking thru 10 forty slot bags for my one hander or pet proc whip.
  5. Eanelder Augur

I like the idea, but I would also recommend adding a significant additional number of bandoleer slots as i may use the same weapon set with different power sources (ie my single 2HB set now requires 2HB-Light,2HB-Metal,2HB-Ethereal etc)
    Danladil likes this.
  6. Jaerlyn Augur

Please no. Yes, I'm sure some would like it. And maybe, if we had nigh-infinite bandolier slots, I'd be for it. But not with our current bandolier limits.
  7. svann Augur

If you have already used all your bandolier slots then this change wouldnt affect you at all.
  8. Jaerlyn Augur

Um.. yes, yes it does. I may or may not want my PS to swap with me, when I swap my weapon set. Sometimes I may want my tanking PS to stay on me, even if I am swapping to a two hander. Sometimes I may want to keep my DPS PS on, when swapping to Sword and Board. So, I would need another -entire- set of bandolier spots. One for each PS -for each possible weapon set.- So, with 4 main 'new' PS types, not to mention all the older style ones... you have many combinations.

But regardless of all the possible options, the simple fact is... sometimes we might not want our PS to change, and sometimes we do. And the only way to do that is by having yet more bandolier slots. Or not having the PS change with bandolier changes.

Heck, if they could make it optional, that would work. Just a little checkbox in the bandolier that when checked made it change PS as well, perhaps.

But to just have it auto change? Again, No thanks.
  9. Ofearl Slayer of all things Stupid

100 AA per bandolier slot, add in another 10, hell id be fine at 200 aa per slot. Id buy em all but really i need a handful to be happy
    Zhaunil_AB likes this.
  10. Thoxsel Djess' Pet Warrior

This would indeed be a nice bonus to bandolier! Hope we get it for next X-mas!
  11. Cstoner187 Elder

Belt bandolier as well, no? I use boon of the seeress while meleeing and Runed Belt of Boromas when bowing cause of the focus. So, with my quiver and belt in a main inventory slot, thats essentially 2 bag spots I am losing out on.
  12. Thoxsel Djess' Pet Warrior

True. Throw in the belt too. ;)
    Sindaiann likes this.
  13. Sindaiann Augur

Yes.

Having belt and power source on Bandoiler would be

[IMG]