Re-tuned HAs

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Galien, Jan 17, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zhaunil_AB Augur

Last time i did that at level 105, prior to the "fix" this took - 3boxing WAR,SHM,BST with mercs - only around 30mins. And that's been me taking it slow due to movement issues with me 3boxing and me generally sucking at playing 3 for noteworthy DPS (read as: WAR did still most of the dmg).

This was also the same HA and steps, seemingly, as i did post above that took me (at 110, with 110WAR in EoK raid,110CLR in mostly TBM/EoK raid and a 106NEC in EoK group gear who couldn't land many spells) just under one hour - for 25mobs(!).
    So i would say that together / between the two of us we have proven by now that this HA (and in extension the others too) are way out of whack from their stated "2 or 3 players in 30 to 45minutes".
    Guess we can put that ad acta now, and focus on getting it reverted to where it should be?

Yes, that is so. Thank you for proving once more what you've been told.
    It's even so that - once a step has spawned (e.g. in the Gribbles) - you can zone the high-level in and kill those mobs at their (lower) level; only mobs that spawn AFTER the high-level zoned in would scale.
    (and i doubt they've changed THIS part of the mechanic too)
  2. Sissruukk Rogue One

You take what I say with way too much seriousness at times my dwarven friend.
  3. Zhaunil_AB Augur

:)
    yep. certainly a personality flaw. just can't shake off my dwarfness :p
  4. mmats Augur

Thanks for confirming this problem. Now we just need the NPC difficulty capped at the expansion they were released in.
  5. Scorrpio Augur

No that is not the case. I can assure you I saw it firsthand, Mob levels actually adjust in response to people leaving/entering. Easy to test. Zone a 105 into HA, con mobs. Then zone in a 110 and have 105 con mobs again.
  6. Scorrpio Augur

I would consider that “life”. When life “pushes me out of the nest”, with issues at work, health, kids, as so on, I adapt as necessary. But when I sit down in front of my PC after a work day for some R&R, I want to be squarely in my comfort zone. A game that ‘thinks’ it a good idea to push me out of it, is going to find itself pushed off my hard drive in a New York minute. For instance, I love XCOM2. But I don’t play it on Legendary.
  7. Zamiam Augur

correct Scorpio .. mobs change con lvl's .. I had my mage/necro doing a for expample Gribble "scouting ahead" I believe .. necro zoned in first mobs conned even con to my 105 necro soon as mage zoned in mobs turned yellow .. Mage is 106.. and the named at end wiped my mage and both pets I had to FD cause NAMED was way OP huge regen and way tooo many HP'S ..
  8. Zhaunil_AB Augur

Interesting.
    If levels of already spawned mobs change now, that sure has changed too.
    What i described, i saw (pre-patch, but also actually quite some time ago - as i said i do not do HAs THAT often in the first place) myself too.
    Sry if i referred to something "old" and out of date and may have misled some - and thanks for the correction!
  9. Zhaunil_AB Augur

This would not be out of line to what i said though, as the named spawns later.
    The Gribble you mention spawns, iirc, mobs 3times, plus the final one.
    The interesting part where my post above is concerned is whether the mobs (at entrance) that were up as you zoned in did change levels or not.
    Guess i might have to try it after all *sigh*.
  10. minimind The Village Idiot

This confirms my experience with my level 105 HAs in TBM where all the mobs are yellow or red con to me. https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...entures-affected-by-the-recent-change.246646/
  11. Millianna Augur

I am curious when they are going tell us what they are currently working on to remedy this issue. Hope they don’t think this will just blow away.
  12. enclee Augur

Hmm let me give a dev response a try, “We implemented HAs to act as a quick method to create a wide variety of content for our player base, they allow us to scale the content up or down based on the player. It didn’t work as best it could have, so were discussing options on how to make HAs, a better more flexible tool moving forward. Unfortunately, it’s going to take some time but we welcome the support and feedback of our players’ experience to make HAs, a better experience.
  13. Millianna Augur

There Bungie-esque attitude is going to lose them subscriptions.
    Gyurika Godofwar and enclee like this.
  14. enclee Augur

Have you been following the Destiny 2 failure as well?
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  15. Millianna Augur

Not really, but it’s all over the net (kind of hard to miss).
  16. Galien Journeyman

17. Kelthorg Lorekeeper

Lol, consistent with dev responses to date. Although, you took 3 sentences to say nothing. They have been able to do that in just 2 sentences or less.

I would love to see a dev response of just one word, like.... oops. At least then I would feel like there is some ownership and recognition of a mistake.
  18. Qazwsx New Member

I think they will double down on their stupidity and say Working as intended or in line with the "vision". Perhaps they are trying to kill the game so they can get laid off and get 99 weeks of unemployment as this will not end well with the subscription numbers.

I have canceled all 7 gold subs and have moved on to a different game, so that is $105 per month lost revenue.
  19. eliandra Elder

but ... you understand what you do when you change old content like that ?
    fix server , chat lag , all bug in ros (fell foliage ,and the atrocious achievement not doable with group content players ... ) .
    with this change it s impossible to do all ancient progression and achievement ... no interest for non raid player ... go back and let ha like they was .... actually we have the choice to play on new bug content or old bug content ...
  20. Millianna Augur

The only thing to do now is raid. No point to log in anymore.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.