Re: Removal of Inactive Guildleader

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Kedra Leafwalker, Feb 3, 2018.

1. Kedra Leafwalker Lorekeeper

I wanted to ask this question here before I petitioned. I am the Guild Leader and one of the original founders of my Guild. We have 4 characters listed as Guild-leader at the moment. 3 are active and the 4th has not been active for years is there a way to have their Guild-leader rank transferred to another character?
  2. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Well DB policy is hands off any guild interference and from posts in the past no one has had much luck changing or disbanding leaders. If you, as guild leader can demote that person or disband them would be the only way.
  3. Zhaunil_AB Augur

As i get it, having more than one "leader" required GM/support "help" in the first place.
    As a "leader" (rank) you should be able to demote anyone.
    But promote to leader is not possible - unless that inactive were to log on and /guildleader someone.

So i think you will be "stuck" with demoting him and ask support to promote someone else to shared leadership, so that more than 1 (3active ones and 1inactive one currently for a total of 4 "leader" tags in your case as i get it) members will show up as guildLeader.

If however your "guild leader"ship is function only and NOT reflected in rank (and that absent player holds the (only) RANK of guildleader), then you will likely find yourself stuck as in the past support has denied to change leadership tags off inactive players.
    However, it might happen that we see common sense applied even by them - but i doubt it in this case.
    In the past, such cases have been "resolved" by re-founding the guild with a different but similar name.
    Of course, that has it's own down sides like leaving behind some of the more casual players that might find themselves "encouraged" to app to a different guild when they return instead of your new one.

GL with whatever you find yourself doing!
  4. Terxor New Member

I tried to get my guild back also. DB said they do not interfere with guild stuff. The guild leader has not logged in since approximately 2010. no luck there.
  5. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

While they are playing round with the guild manager now would be the ideal time to allow guilds to do this stuff themselves.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  6. Tornicade_IV Augur

I disagree. It is a guild leaders responsibility to recognize they aren't playing anymore and to designate someone else for their leader spot.

or maybe he figured since you had 3 co leaders he didn't need to give up his spot.

I doubt Support is gonna be very sympathetic when they see the guild has 3 of 4 active leaders .