Re-tuned HAs

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Galien, Jan 17, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Galien Journeyman

You choose to neglect my point, but so be it...

The "PROOF GROUP", which I was debating, had 1 Wiz (110) plus 3 Caster Mercs (1 lvl 105 and 2 lvl 110) All Caster Mercs in BURN Mode, as stated.
    All agro held by a 105 player War.

I am not aware how many have their own 105+ War, I for one have not.
    I reduced the 4 Wizz to 3 and replaced the 105 War a Tank Merc.

For the 3.rd time my point is: The "Proof Group" wont work using a Tank Merc.
  2. Bobsmith Augur

I didn't ignore your point. You stated 4 mercs...not possible<~~my point. Further more I offer suggestions as to how to better manage your merc agro problem. I'm not here to argue about the tuning. There are issues with it. I get that.
  3. Daedly Augur

At lvl 109, 3 boxing a brd/shaman/zerker in Gribbles first two HA's, I use a Merc tank. A tank merc with around 110aa, full set of merc tank gear. That is also with bard songs and shaman HoT from the slow and 1 cleric merc. My tank merc is able to tank 1 at a time with no issues. That is a stark contrast to the 3 at a time it would tank before, but that makes sense. Not sure how the tank merc would do without bard songs and shaman heal over time.

I haven't tried a named of any kind yet, so I can only imagine. However, a merc tank seemingly can handle trash mobs pretty well. I gonna go back through my logs and check my tank parses for the merc for before the changes and after to see what they look like. I also plan to try and let the tank merc solo without bard songs or shaman heals to see how it does. Maybe even take on the named.

I have been reading posts, and I am gonna try a few things to speed up my completion times, which now stand at about 1 hour for each. I normally kill one mob every 30 to 50 seconds. There are roughly 36 mobs to kill in Into The Hills. That puts me right around 30mins if I never had to pull or move. Which means, half the time I spend in there, I am not killing anything. So I am going to try and drop my wiz merc, which usually averages about 20k DPS, and replace with a cleric merc. Maybe then my tank can handle two at a time without the need to mezz.

Don't get my post wrong, I want the changes reversed or at least the ability to choose my level of HA. Just wanted to point out that, for Gribbles at least, tank merc still can do the job. It just takes a bit longer.
    Whulfgar likes this.
  4. Millianna Augur

Changing HAs scalability for 5 year old content was another stupid idea. Honestly, what did they think would happen? RoS mobs have bloated HPs, drop less cash items, and T1 armor drops are rare. Did they really think that nerfing HAs would get people into the new expansion? They stopped logging in.
  5. Galien Journeyman

Then we dont dissagree at all.
    I do use Caster Mercs, just never in Burn mode, especially not around summoning mobs (TBM is "bad" on those).
    As a Ranger I rely 100% of a skilled Tank, after the HA-Tuning a Tank Merc is no longer an option in Pre-RoS expansion HA's.
  6. Daedly Augur

I also do EoK Chardok HA Others Things with the my tank merc and 1 healer merc and no extra heals from shaman besides the slow HoT. Those mobs are white and yellow, mostly yellow. Rarely have issues there with tank merc and the exp is actually pretty good and given per mob. So I don't need to worry if I finish or not. I do it on my down time from Gribbles.
  7. Galien Journeyman

I did TradeSkill on my Shaman for a week before I stopped logging in.
    TS Merchants in PoK were really busy!
  8. Whulfgar Augur

Did they really think that nerfing HAs would get people into the new expansion? They stopped logging in.

In all actuality it was 29 people, across how many server's.. according to everything I've seen on the forums.

Once a new "sweet spot" is discovered or "given" by the devs .. those exact same players will login an play again. If there is nothing else I've learned about EQ players in general .. They NEVER really quit .. they may take extended vaca's .. however inevitably they always return .. (well a good majority of them at the very minimum.)
  9. Gerbert New Member

In all actuality you, nor anyone other than DBG and even that is a stretch, know exactly how many people unsubbed or decided not to buy the expansion due to the scaling changes. Stop presenting your opinions or thoughts as facts. It makes you appear unintelligent and pompous.

"They will always return" is also an opinion based statement. You have no idea how many people may never return if this isn't resolved (via patch or official statement) in this months patch.

You've made it very clear in your previous posts that you don't care about casuals and they have very little space in the current iteration of EverQuest. Stop trying to backpedal to save face.
  10. Zhaunil_AB Augur

As if everyone that quits posts so on the forum?!?

"a good majority of them" might return, or it might be a minority after all.
    Just for an example, of my former guildies (those that chose NOT to go through a guild merger i had arranged well prior to my break), only 3 - THREE - have checked in every once in a blue moon.
    And only one logged into the new guild we had formed from that one guild merger since my return 2years ago. None of those that went through a second guild merger after i was already gone is still playing.
    And similar goes for many guilds that have been around at my time - some are playing on Phinny, but most have quit and NOT returned.
    AB population has sure shrunk some, which accounts for there now being only 3raid guilds (and a half) and in effect only one "casual" guild that seems to primarily hold ALTs from those raid guilds.

So i for one wouldn't take people leaving as easy as you seem to - everyone leaving is one potential app less for us.

"Sweet spots" exist - this change will merely shift them out from those instances (and there were others, even more "lucrative" ones than Gribble's in the first place too) and it's a simple fact that many, me included simply don't like being pushed around.
    And then there is the very valid issue with the past expansion's progression still.

So really:
    Saying that "oh, of the players that have quit, x number will return eventually" and "otherwise it's all fine" is more like (yet once more) turning a blind eye to the overall situation and bad effects of this change.
    I have to return to the question i asked above: Who pays you for posting as you do?
    Because from where i stand, there HAS to be some hidden motive by you that you keep downplaying the bad side-effects of this "fix" (that noone asked for in the first place)!
  11. Whulfgar Augur

And guess newer games coming out .. of various genre of games an every stuff like that has zero accountability in Everquest losing some of its player base right ?

I mean it always inevitably leads back to "blame the devs" no matter what with you from every post I've seen in the past week of yours.

And yet .. you like to DO the pushing when some one has a different opinion then yours .. again I've seen this in "almost" every post you have done in the past week.

no one pays me to post. I pay my 12 account subs every month, that entails me the right to post on any thread I see fit to post on just as you do.

Why is it that if some one has a different opinion or thinks differntly then you do, you feel the need to try to push them or silence them or any thing of that nature ?
  12. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

I am not for or against anyone, but Wulfgar makes a reasonable point here. We all should be able to express our opinions and viewpoints, civilly, without someone else trying to quash or silence us.

Regardless of how much I agree or disagree with anyone's opinion, I should post or reply in a civil tone. We all play and love the same game or we wouldn't be on the forums. Let's be respectful to one another.
    Galien and Whulfgar like this.
  13. Millianna Augur

everyone has a right to their own opinion, but when you push it as fact there’s a problem.
  14. SevrinSevendust Elder

15. Aurastrider Augur

If you honestly think the forums are any indication of how many people have or are willing to quit over the recent changes I have some ocean front property in Arizona I would love to sell you. Yes people do really quit. My current guild has lost over 30 daily active people since TDS including our guild leader who logs in once a year to say hi and then goes MIA again. This mindset of they always come back might have been more true when people were younger and had less going on in RL. As time goes on more responsibilities add up and the game becomes a distant memory for a lot of people. Let's try to keep people from leaving in the first place instead of encouraging them to go with the hopes that they will come back.
  16. Tiggold Augur

We could also encourage players to adapt and evolve with the game as well. It's a crazy thought but it might be worth a try. If it doesn't work there is always TLP servers. Those people like things the way they were too.
    Warpeace and Whulfgar like this.
  17. Tornicade_IV Augur

there re multiple ha;s where 101's have to deal with red mobs in . anyone 100-105 is gonna have have a harder time doing these missions.
    These 100-105 highest level are definitely impacted by the mob retune for the 106-110 missions. Prathun has essentially confirmed this when he stated the mobs got harder after TBM release.
    Gyurika Godofwar and Niskin like this.
  18. Tornicade_IV Augur

he tested on a trash mob. not the named.
  19. Tornicade_IV Augur

How neglected is your paladin? is he in 105 TBM gear? was you debuffing the mobs?
    most importantly aren't those all blue cons?
    Yellow and red mobs are the ones impacted for lower levels.

Once again at 102. Foreman a red con mini boss the descending tower mission had 6 million more hit points and was quading for 30k. this would not have been the case beforethe patch.

Also where your Guard Ralph or Elle parse ?
  20. Aurastrider Augur

Unless you are going to create more hours in the day this has nothing to do with adapting and evolving. It's simple math really. If someone is behind x amount of hours worth of game play and that content just multiplied by y amount of time needed to finish it that's a problem. Suggesting people ho to tlp servers is only slightly better than suggesting they quit. For me it is rather simple I won't do either I just won't pay. 6 box old content with fresh toons as ftp until I can't level any more as ftp and start over again trying new classes. Or they could come up with a reasonable solution and continue taking my money.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.