Why are guilds being allowed to exploit Emperor Ssraeshza?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by DizzleFoShizzle, Feb 1, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Trevalon Augur

Just want to point out that there are guilds that do follow the rules and play the game correctly. The Regime never once exploited Tunare and cleared PoG every week. We will not be pulling emperor to the zone in and will kill him correctly when everyone is keyed. We also will clear VT every single week the way its supposed to be done and won't be exploiting by pulling the mobs to the entrance.

Its not that we don't know how, its because we actually feel the game should be played as correctly as possible and frankly, cheating isn't really winning anyway, its just cheating.

They should make Emperor and all VT mobs rooted in place. Sure rooting mobs lets open other exploits, but no one isnt gonna be able to kill Emp or do VT - everyone can kill those mobs legit or not, but man oh man would it be funny to make the exploiting guilds have to actually clear the content. I'd laugh so hard if they fixed these exploits as all the tears those guilds would shed at having to spend a few hours in VT instead of pulling everything to entrance and doing it in 45 mins,
    Genoane likes this.
  2. DizzleFoShizzle New Member

Calling BS. Your posting activity has increased with Luclin launch. For someone who has quit the game you sure do care a lot about things that don't matter to you.

Either way.. back on track. Guilds are exploiting content on a paid server. Does DBG care about the integrity of their games?
  3. Funk Augur

They just did a major ban sweep on live for some new group mission in RoS being exploited. If they aren't doing anything about this and banning people that further proves the mass inconsistency on their part. Not surprising.
  4. taliefer Augur

i hope they also get everyone who ever used taunt to pull a bat from the ledges in sol b, those dirty cheaters.
    PathToEternity and HoodenShuklak like this.
  5. Protocol Dragon Defender

I can confirm that Ravanta is not playing during Luclin and quit playing several weeks ago. Emperor was killed in sub 48 hours previously 100% legit, so you're wrong if you think it's some massive timesink. The timesink for emp is and always will be the green metal farm which is why something like four guilds have pulled him to the zoneline and failed.

You do have to do the key quest to pull Emp, you just don't need to do it 50 times.

This exploit was reported to them a dozen times like six months ago when it was widely exploited by many guilds on another TLP server. We also attempted to get it fixed again before launch on Agnarr and it remained as is.
  6. HoodenShuklak Augur

The thing about this fix is that it's a competitive fix for a non-competitive server that doesn't really effect anyone else. Nothing is tradeable so there's little threat of RMT. Why bother fixing it? The server would be better if the keying process for VT was easier. If some guild kills a boss it means nothing, that's why people don't compete in open world. It's a server for casuals. Plenty of people will key up and enjoy the fight how it was designed.

In short, there's no glory left to claim on Agnarr.

If anything, fix pre-pet/non-summoning aggro for NTOV next time around. That trivializes almost an entire expansion.
    Ravanta Suffer likes this.
  7. Ravanta Suffer Augur

You're 2/2 on the assumption game, but it's ok. If you are wondering why I would be logging in to the forums when I have quit playing the game, there is a simple reason. I was simply curious about two topics related to the Luclin launch on Agnarr. I'm familiar with the pulling methods mentioned in this post, as I've used it extensively when soloing. When I heard that they were applicable to Luclin raiding, I hopped on test to see for myself.

Honestly I was a little surprised. The more I thought about it, the more curious I became on how the dynamics of open world targets would continue in Luclin.

You're right, I would not be impacted at all if DB patched something that would prevent anyone from pulling emp to the first floor in ssra, or from a guild walking above VT like they literally owned the place. Even though I no longer play, the topic was interesting enough to read about.

My personal opinion on the morals of everquest at this point are basically the same as speedrunners in games such a metroid or castlevania. As was mentioned previously, if you don't want to do things the way other guilds do, you don't have to. I can only guess at how many guilds will be taking advantage of z-axis tricks in VT, but if your guild is not one of them it won't matter to anyone but you. Play the game however you like man.
  8. Smokezz The Bane Crew

It's amusing that there is even a question of whether it's an exploit to BYPASS the progression mechanism. LOL.
  9. Imak Augur

Make Emperor summon at 100%. Problem solved weeeeee
  10. Protocol Dragon Defender

You still need to key for Emp.
  11. Rouan Augur

Did you need to tow around trains in ME to drop on anyone who challenged your shard camps?

I find it amusing you pretend you're above board. Besides, they suspended for pulling him out of his room on Phinny.
    Protocol likes this.
  12. Zanarnar Augur

I mean they fixed using illusion items to get through locked doors after what.. 17 years? I think they should fix this too. I dunno.. maybe make him despawn if he is pulled outside of his room. Cost the cheaters their lockout for that week for even trying.
  13. taliefer Augur

I love these threads. It’s always amusing to see people complain about “this is cheating, but we did X which is so not cheating”. Bonus points when I’ve heard these same people talk about compiles and monk track in voice or on forums
  14. Risiko Augur

The thing that amazes me is that anybody would want to exploit this particular fight rather than doing it the way it was intended.

Emperor Ssra was one of the most memorable raid fights that I can remember from back in the day. The mechanics of the fight were fun to me.

The three raid fights that stick out the most in my mind as memorable from my experience are:
    1. Lord Nagafen - because it was my first raid in any MMORPG ever
    2. Emperor SSRA - the off tanking of mobs that you never kill even after the main raid boss was killed and you were distributing loot was unique and memorable
    3. Rallos Zek the Warlord - just an all around fun raid against a massive warrior God. I mean come on. Who doesn't remember the first time you killed Rallos Zek.
    Pulling Emperor SSRA to the zone line to kill him robs all of the raid members of experiencing the real fight. I feel sorry for any of the raid members involved in that exploit that have not experienced it the intended way in the past. They got robbed of a memorable experience by the raid leaders.
    Just my 2 coppers.
    Rouan and VandilIzer like this.
  15. Risiko Augur

Apples and oranges.

No comparison between the two because Emperror SSRA is a raid event that requires keying of every raid member to get in to the room, and in that room you have to deal with not only Emperor SSRA, but also his guards.

Half of his guards can be killed off, while the other half will instantly respawn if you kill them. Therefore, you have to off tank (and not kill) the half of the guards that will respawn. Even though this expansion pre-dates scripted raid events, the fact that half of the guards have to be off tanked the entire time you are fighting Emperor SSRA, makes this a pseudo scripted raid encounter.

Pulling Emperor SSRA to the zone line to avoid having to deal with his guards is a blatant attempt to avoid the raid encounter. That's an exploit no matter how you state it.

Pulling a bat from one point in the zone to another is just a "pull".

Huge difference.
    Rouan likes this.
  16. Death Strudel Augur

Honestly I'm all for fixing it, if they make the key piece drops 100% on all trash mobs in Ssra, effectively making it difficult for anyone to -block. Then we can insist that emp needs to be done properly, and everyone can enjoy the event as it was intended to be.

But these key piece drops, across the board (including VT, VP, etc.) are what is driving the behavior. On a 12 week progression timer, there's really no need for this time-sink, so it should just be removed.

I guess my position is that if we want to insist on the rules, do not allow the rules to be exploited by RMTers or guilds trying to lock each other out.
    HoodenShuklak likes this.
  17. oldandnasty Augur

They should unleash suspensions imo. Exploiters should be punished.
  18. HoodenShuklak Augur

People need to realize this. .. if they require mass keys (like vp) then 9 out of 10 players won't see emp (like vp). You'll also compete much more harshly against box armies and kronor farmers (think vp and hs).

Blocking people from emp also blocks them from further content. That makes this far worse than vp since you'll keep 90% of guilds out of even more raid loot.

Bottom line is... it's broken in 2 ways but 2 wrongs made this better than 1 wrong... which is vp and hs blocking.
  19. Rouan Augur

Except there's already Lucid Shards and everyone is already encouraged to farm Emp key because it's the best non-raid ring available.
  20. Xyroff-cazic. Director of Sarcasm

Just replying to let you know you're wrong. My guild on Phinny cleared Vex Thal trash every week, and we only killed Emperor in his room with all the adds. Every time. It wasn't because we didn't know how to exploit either of those zones. It was a lot more fun the right way. We had very few if any complaints about doing it this way. Have a nice day!
    Risiko and Funk like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.