Returning players thoughts from level 1

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Shizen, Feb 1, 2018.

1. Shizen New Member

So I just wanted to give some thoughts to DBG for returning players perspective.

Tutorial is ace to get started
    Mercs are great to help solo
    HOT zones are good (although still empty)
    Auto granting AA sounds like a great idea when I get back to that level

Things I think can still improve:

Please think about autogranting skills! For the love of Tunare, practicing combat skills with super tanky mercs and fast exp is near impossible. Still having to cast spells over and over again is tedious.

Even if you capture the granting to Cap - 10 or something, it would REALLY help.

Defiant drop rates:

Again, you should look at massively upping the drop rates of defiant, plate is everywhere, then leather, cloth and chain is like hens teeth!

Other than that I'm enjoying my time back, (2 all-access accounts!)
    IblisTheMage and moogs like this.
  2. Scorrpio Augur

Some sort of bottle of accelerated skill gain in marketplace would be great. Gotta say though, one of the huge pluses of going heroic are maxed skills. If skills autogranted, people would just PL alts rather than buy heroic. I doubt DBG wants that revenue lost.
    That said, I been playing with some alts, and my (currently) lvl 32 SK had no problem having all combat skills maxed when using a healer merc. And casting skills also go up rather quickly.

For defiant ... I think this is confirmation bias. That is you see drops you do not need 3 times as often than the ones you do. When farming I am on lookout for defiant plate for my alt, and it seems rarest to me. I suggest you check NPC vendors in bazaar. People often dump unsold defiant on them.
  3. Tatanka Joe Schmo

I wouldn't mind seeing skills auto-granted to maybe cap - 20 or 25. For casting skills, you can kind of work around it once you get in the 50s and get Mastery of the Past AA, and just stick to spells which can't fizzle ;)

Defiant: I'd LOVE to see some kind of NPC who could take an unattuned piece of defiant, and convert it to the needed type (e.g., take a chain BP and convert it to a silk BP/robe/whatever it's called).
  4. Geroblue Augur

I don't see much defiant in CR, Blightfire, Great Divide, nor Natimbi. There is some, but its rare from my experience. Doesn't matter which type of armor.

Have noticed that if I'm alone, for example in Blightfire or Great Divide, I seem to get magic items more often. My guess is this has to do with drop rate per number of characters in a zone.
  5. Thoxsel Djess' Pet Warrior

Drop rate Per number of characters in a zone? Uhm... no. :)
    Just luck or bad luck streaks.

Having introduced new players to the game I always start at level 1 tutorial with them. Going heroic etc is a waste unless they are a power mmo player and even then it can be hard for them to wrap their head around everything. Would indeed be nice with auto skill gain up to a certain extend similar to aa’s. Obviously only for live servers.
  6. Shizen New Member

Thanks for the responses and that they largely agree. I get that Heroic is a money item to them. but if I'm All-Access then they are getting a monthly sub from me and it will take a while to get to 85 so I don't see much difference to be honest.

Re: confirmation bias, perhaps, but I've saved all my defiant gear and I'm now level 40 and I still couldn't make a complete set of non-plate gear. Weapons are even rarer! I'm still using the tutorial sword and a cracked staff!

I get that not many people play early levels that aren't twinked out but if they want to attract anyone back, they need to make it far easier levelling up.

Thanks all.
  7. Quatr Augur

I believe that tutorial tasks give a complete set of visible armor. Three pieces of non-visible armor (back-waist-shoulders) are available from Franklin Teek in PoK. The rest of the non-visible armor can be purchased from PoK vendors. Higher level non-visible items get pricey, but Defiant armor is so good that you don't have to be on the cutting edge.

You can get decent weapons like Hammer of the Gnoll Slayer from Blightfire Moors quests
  8. Hurrikane Journeyman

Dont waste your time coming back. The devs made the game a lot harder recently. Not worth paying for the subscription
  9. Geroblue Augur

My low level rangers can use that, but my others; druid, enchater, and shammy; needs something to at about that damamge.
  10. Quatr Augur

11. Geroblue Augur

I'm looking for something a bit better, say damage 11 in a single handed weapon for my non-fighter characters.
  12. Quatr Augur

Do you need your casters/priests to do melee damage? Even at low-ish levels they don't do more than a token amount of damage. They can be a good source of stats and procs, though.
  13. Yruc Augur

Yeah after 10-15 not really worth it to melee as a caster, better to cast another spell, unless you just want to do it for fun, then have at it :)
  14. Moldar Augur

some of those caster weapon damage procs are fairly good in comparison to melee ones just go turn on auto attack and smack/stab him rightly with that stick/knife you use. Procs add DPS, and it all adds up! (not much though, more or less just for fun)
  15. Quatr Augur

Poisons can do noticeable DPS at low-mid levels, but they don't depend on weapon DPS.
  16. Aurastrider Augur

what server do you play on? If you play on Tunare I keep 3 houses designated for defiant and other low-mid level gear that I usually just give to friends and returning players to help them out. You can usually find me on my sk auranecrotile when I am on. As for the drop rates I would have to say plate>chain>leather>cloth from looting thousands of pieces of defiant gear. Weapons seem to have a higher drop rate than gear. Also if you do the quest lines in TSS expansions a lot of the rewards result in gear upgrades. Pair that with the daily rewards and gearing should not be to bad. Usually you will out level your gear from 1-60 so getting a full set of upgrades at each benchmark is not usually necessary.
  17. Geroblue Augur

One of my accounts has toons 52, 53, 55, and 58 level on Tunare. My other 4 accounts they are in the 30s on Tunare.
  18. Aurastrider Augur

hit me up some time and I can help you with gear. I have no use for all that stuff I just save it to help out. Send an in game email to auranecrotile with toon names, class and levels and I will send you what I have that they can use.
  19. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

You are an asset to the MMO community and Everquest. Thank you!
  20. Geroblue Augur

Will do. I'm in the middle of referring a pbp game elsewhere at the moment. Thanks !