Re-tuned HAs

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Galien, Jan 17, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Galien Journeyman

Agree - and please note my (in theory). ;)
  2. Zhaunil_AB Augur

Grats for trying to prove something that wasn't much contested in the first place.
    Grats too for entirely missing the point of 30someting pages of discussion (43 minus your derails currently).

And you know what i have seen personally?
    I have personally seen mobs hit a 6700+AC tank hit for 29k (single hit) and doing rounds of just under 100k.
    I have also personally seen HAs taking longer (1hr to kill a total of 26mobs?!?!).
    And i know (from observing guildies) that NOT every "group" doing HAs have tank+healer.

So
    Wasn't the question - your "finding" is beside the point that's being made in this thread.

An extra merc may or may not cut it, depending on the HA.
    I've wiped to some bixie HA PRIOR to the change - and i don't even wanna try that one now,
    At least not without a LIVE healer.
    And that's where the problems start, that should not even BE problems:
    Getting a group for 5year old ? you daft?

That is what people have been saying - thanks for "finding that out". We already knew that!
    And especially for you:
    The point in 30+pages of this thread is that these are TOO hard now and should be reverted to the difficulty they were at BEFORE.

You can have that expectation when it comes to anything resembling current content perhaps.
    But for 5year old ?
    Better get that idea out of your head, quick!
    For people that don't box (yes, such exist!), it's "take what you get" and be happy that you found company for 5year old stuff in the first place.
    That's why it is NOT asked too much that BY NOW (with level,AA and gear upgrades to when it went live) this 5year old is SOLO-able by just about anyone (at the expense of time), when BACK THEN it was supposed to be duo'd or trio'd in 30-45mins.
    Gyurika Godofwar and Mordeen like this.
  3. Bobsmith Augur

With all the outcry you would think getting a group to do these would be easy. I honestly didn't know ppl enjoyed farming these so much.
    Genoane and Sancus like this.
  4. IblisTheMage Augur

I tried, but my humor works best on 8 year olds and below. The older ones claim that “dad jokes aren’t funny”, or some teen nonsense.
    Sancus likes this.
  5. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Problem being the term is casual PLAYER. Your mistake is talking about group geared ALTS. So you are saying group geared alts without max merc aas can do the missions. You are the same player regardless of which toons you play. I know and interact with players who are hard core and casual. Two totally different beasts with many falling in between the two.

But your second mistake is the discussion isn't only about them being DOABLE but at a REASONABLE level of difficulty for the expansion the missions are from. You shouldn't be expected to put in as much effort on older content as current content. The whole idea of the game revolves around older content becoming easier for those behind the curve to do or for people to solo when groups are no longer easily available on older content.
  6. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

This guy gets it. THIS is the point the devs are completely missing.
  7. bitefiends Elder

Hi just my thoughts on this ..
    Some friends have returned to EQ and have up to TBM expansion, they are non-raiders and a couple of us have at max TBM Hate and Fear raid gear We thought to help out to get them the various progression-based-rewards from COTF TDS and TBM.
    Two of us are over 105 and this means that any HA progression mission now takes us approximately 90 minutes if we can complete it. We did the Into the temple (b) the hard hitting bokons at the end killing the tanks nearly lead to wipes.

We are not looking forward to the tougher missions like Defender of the Faith, Grummus, Grannus of the Cleansing steam etc. as even at the time they when they where current, with raid geared tanks and melee that where able and glad to help, where tough ( at least for us)
    If the mobs are to stay at RoS health and damage output I think it will be nigh impossible for us to get these AA which are mighty handy to have ! Also to get help on these may be just as impossible as the ones that may be able do this have no need to redo it ...

Such a shame that this change to RoS level mobs was made especially for HA that are needed for progression and the rewards that come with it.

As I say just my thoughts.,.
  8. Sissruukk Rogue One

Worth repeating again.
  9. Bobsmith Augur

4 mercs in one group.....hax
    wingz-83 likes this.
  10. Spellfire Augur

I agree, people should play in new content, and I'm sure they would, if that content sucked less ( monster dots on trash, drunk effect in SF etc.)
  11. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

I just want to finish TBM progression. It's tough to get people to commit to helping on a 2-4 hour mission they already have completed.
  12. Aurastrider Augur

Wait where are the dad jokes? Seriously who is against a good yo mamma or yo daddy joke?
    IblisTheMage likes this.
  13. Aurastrider Augur

Are you seriously suggesting someone spend money to transfer to AB (nothing against the people on AB) considering this same server DBG has suggested players transfer off of due to the instability of said server? I hope your real life advice is better than your EQ advice because I would not pay a wooden nickel for what you are selling.
  14. Spellfire Augur

Yes, TBM, CofF etc is older content and Daybreak needs to leave it alone for people to work on it if they chose so. It was a bad decision to change HA's the way they did it.
    Caell likes this.
  15. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

16. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Tier 1 zones in a new expansion should be something you can just come home from work, jump on and play in. Not have to worry about the right group etc.... in my opinion. And relatively relaxing. Come home from work. have dinner kill some mobs and feel you did something before you go to bed to start all over the next day. Save the interesting mechanics and such for weekend play when you have time to mess around with them.
  17. Galien Journeyman

Mentioned before...
    There is NO WAY (in theory) a Tank Merc can keep agro from 3 Caster Mercs, all on Burn.
    Please note my "(in theory)" in that sentence.

A Tank Merc cannot hold agro from Caster Mercs on Burn.
  18. TrinculoDarkblood Journeyman

Have you tried Damsel of Decay or Enslaver of Souls? I don't think the non-boss HAs are all that bad. They take a long time but they are beatable. I'm with you there. The TBM bosses are absolutely brutal in their current form and need to be fixed. I'm very curious whether anyone on any server has beaten some of these fights.
  19. Bobsmith Augur

Your theory is junk since you can't have 4 mercs in one group anyway. Either way mercs are mediocre at best in ideal groups. I can't speak for a tank merc as I have never even bought one. But I do know caster mercs have other options than burn. They can also be made to follow an assist allowing the tank to get agro before they nuke.
  20. svann Augur

Gotta admit Im not looking forward to going back to do Infiltration of Kor-sha HA over and over to get that name for eok hunters to get last heroic AA. Not going to be able to box it so Ill have to find people that are willing to help do old content.
    Zhaunil_AB likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.