Re-tuned HAs

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Galien, Jan 17, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Evurkvest Augur

If you wanted to develop a new character and get the advantage from older progression it was a huge undertaking without these boosted HAs. Should just have killed xp for characters above the intended lvl to move xping ppl to current content, i.e. 101+ for CotF and 106+ for TDS/TBM/EoK.
  2. Kolbayn Journeyman

Well as I said, I havn't bought RoS , and never got far into EoK open zones due to illness so HAs, as they are instances where I knew where everything was, were the best way for me to get xp. Apart from that , I have no desire to afk a group of 3 boxes for long lengths of time in an open zone
  3. Karthanon Augur

Well, haven't played since the last time I posted, but I've been keeping up on this thread to see what's going on - besides the 'Almost Everyone vs. Whulfgar the Apologist' (you should get a custom title, btw), I'm not surprised at all that the devs haven't made any kind of decision yet, as it seems decisions made by those on high (so to speak) are more impromtu spasms caused by 'how can we force people into later content so we can raise our sales of the latest expansion' along with 'hey, we can always push out another TLP to take advantage of people's nostalgia'. Mix that up with the seeming contempt they have for Live just adds some nutty poop frosting on to the absolutely delicious Ebola cake we were served without warning.

I kid. Kinda.

As a filthy casual, I'm still frustrated by the change. Without any movement or further posting by the Devs, I expect that nothing will get reverted - and suspect that this is what they're hoping for: Resignation to the idea that 'this is how it is'. After all, "You're in OUR world now!".

Just pointing out resignation from a section of your player base isn't one that sells expansions, subs, or SC purchases. It does sell the idea that perhaps you're a mite out of touch, and you should have a dialog with your entire player base to find out what makes them want to play so you can keep them doing so.

I love playing this game and interacting with the world. It's shaped my gaming experiences for near two decades now, and has become a mirror to reflect in the other gaming I do. At least tell me the big picture, because all I'm seeing is the cake and frosting that I'm not enjoying.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  4. IblisTheMage Augur

I think you points of critique are fair, however I believe you conclude too much wrt DB’s intentions.
  5. Fohpo Augur

Well, the sarcastic troll thread about the dev meeting got locked. Lets hope for some kind of communication from their side.
  6. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

You do this just to be a pain don't you?
  7. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

All you "might" have proved it that you could do it. But unless you can verify your results. *shrugs*
  8. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Derailing the thread is all Wulf cares about. He is on a one man campaign to see if he can do it. Sadly he probably doesn't even care about this issue.

What is at stake is a loss of casual players. He doesn't even seem to comprehend or he simply does not care about it. He can rant and claim all sorts of things about what "he" can achieve in the game but it means nothing at all.

Hopefully the game devs realize the error they made and will fix it. There are a lot of players who finish content that is older and expect to be able to molo solo or do it one way or another. Putting up a new roadblock to them won't help the game at all. The game needs every player it can hold on to and this new change simply won't do it.
  9. Whulfgar Augur

Am at work on the rig currently. So i will be brief. .
    If your play time is those hrs. They are off hours for the american population of the game. Bertox is thee lowest blue server population in game.

You mentioned ya started on mith marr.. So my question is rather simple.. Why not transfure to the euro servers that are more in line with your play time.

This solves your whole i cant get grp.. Issue rather easily. Not to mention im sure you woild love to have new friends ? .
  10. Whulfgar Augur

and for everyone else.. My only "agenda" here is to prove not only are the "tuned" ha's.. Beatable.. But they are beatable by casual players (aka my alts).

My tank takes less sustained damage from mobs, named as well then pets from lvls 101 to 105.. Its not the
    Sustained dps from mobs that kills tanks (to include pet tanks) it is the spike damage. Which can easily be mitigated via 2 healers on any named in the HA's from what ive seen personally

Scuse the horrific spelling as its -32 right now and my sausages (aka fingers) are a lil bit cold right abojt now
  11. Whulfgar Augur

So basically ..

1. HA's as they sit right now are beatable.. (From the couple ive personally ran)

2. Yes it may take extra healing via extra healer in grp (pc or merc)

3. Yes they are definitely harder.

4. And yes i fully expect every single grp to have a tank and a healer.. (Omg.. Whats the eq world coming too they force us to have tanks of any kind.. And a healer /gasp... )
  12. Mulleteer Elder

No you cherry picked easier scaling missions.
    Yiu said to pick any mission.
    I did..... Slayer of souls

I hoxed this before the changes so it is possible.

No go run slayer of souls like you said you would. If you fail that one do handmaiden.
  13. Fohpo Augur

There's also the issue where just because you can do a few =/= HAs in general are all possible (no one said they were impossible to begin with, just overtuned - which you proved). Congratulations, it took you several hours to do one HA that should have taken ~45 minutes tops. I get it, you support the change and everyone else be damned - but the constant derailment of the thread is getting old. It would be nice to see a discussion rather than someone just saying others opinions are invalid for "reasons."
    Gyurika Godofwar and Mordeen like this.
  14. Sissruukk Rogue One

Unfortunately, most of this "discussion" has been like this, from both sides of the argument.
  15. Sancus Augur

This is one of the most disappointing 43 page threads I've ever seen. At least class balance or raid exploit threads have some comic relief between posts that make me want to slam my head against the desk.

Let's step it up plz ty
    Bobsmith and IblisTheMage like this.
  16. Fohpo Augur

Sure seems like it, I had really hoped when the other thread was locked we'd see a response. Clear indicator that devs were obviously watching the forums and this thread is now over 40 pages.
  17. Zhaunil_AB Augur

Because 12am = 00:00 to 4am = 04:00 pacific is 09:00 to 13:00CET, which means that everyone on a Euro server were at work?
    What exactly should that solve for him?
    If anything that guy would need an asian server or guild and afaik there is or was only one.
    But yeah, that post of yours once more proves how off your thinking is.
  18. Galien Journeyman

This thread will die the moment a valid annoncement is made.
  19. Bigstomp Augur

It's no harder to keep aggro from 1 caster merc than it is 3 caster mercs.
    And having 3 caster mercs + 1 tank merc in a group at once would be a neat trick.
    Bobsmith likes this.
  20. CrazyLarth Augur

Ok will the new expansion in the Fall make older HA's more of an issue and will their be enough peeps willing to pay for it if it if their toon is not max AA's. I know I will not be getting on my boxes if not max AA's.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.