Changes to group missions

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Gatts, Feb 1, 2018.

1. Gatts Journeyman

I hadn't really done many group missions until last week since the patch that, imo, broke them a few weeks ago. Did some cotf HAs and fell foliage and was rather discouraged by how extensively the changes effect much of the game.

CoTF HAs were great experience and I thought in a pretty good shape as something rather completely useless unless you wanted some achievements or specifically a whole lot of exping. Gear was useless for anyone current max level unless they were just behind in gear many expansions. Even though the mobs scale with level, they suck for experience, really really bad experience. And now that they are more on par with RoS mobs that give way more experience, the mission mobs still suck for experience.
    Now HAs overall from an expansion that has been scaling well for awhile as something to help all players, especially those coming back to game recently, are extensively not worth doing. Although they are alright if Clayton Teek has a daily for some of them as some of them still aren't worth doing even with daily bonus, but this is at max 2 a day and random and rather pathetic to be the only reason to do those missions anymore other than achievements. I suggest reducing mob hp or making them same exp as same level mobs in current expansions, though I find part of whole point people did so many HAs in the past, from cotf at least, was because the content was easier to handle. Can waste enough time going through these missions now with how long it takes to kill the mobs that may as well give them super rare chase loot from equivalent expansion for the mob level that is generated in HAs!

Then you factor in how the difficulty may affect tbm and tds progression, and one might find discouragement to keep playing this game as much. Though I haven't specifically done tbm or tds since changes, maybe someone else can weigh in on those or any other missions to mention? The longevity of these changes poorly affect the game imo.

As far as the changes to fell foliage, with boss going invulnerable right away... lol way to screw up your own missions dbg. You designed something then went hardcore into policing it (poorly and with faulty suspensions to people that may or may not have even done the exploit, I know for sure multiple accounts were suspended that didn't use the exploit) til you broke it after designing it slightly broke with vulnerabilities completely your own fault. Really didn't make the best move here. The mission already rather sucks to even experience as a game, and is much worse if you box. You have our chars being punted all over the zone then our dps can 1 shot itself if it even tries to do that much damage while having that ds on. We can even kill ourselves opening the chest with that debuff on, or at least used to... I stopped doing that right away. Please fix this mission, I suggest no less than 2 adds can be up before invulnerable and a reduction to the punt distance.
    Strumph and Corwyhn Lionheart like this.
  2. Cicelee Augur

Need more threads on this topic. This I agree.
    Strumph, EnchFWO and Tiggold like this.
  3. Smokezz The Bane Crew

Way to read the other topics in the forum before posting another! You get zero points.
  4. Bobsmith Augur

The other 4848423433 pages of the same s h i t
  5. Gatts Journeyman

great responses, way to pretend i didn't alrdy consider that. thanks
  6. enclee Augur

These people act like the EQ forums are full of new threads and posts. This place needs more duplicates to actually look active.
  7. Bobsmith Augur

How is anyone supposed to know what you considered?
  8. Sagarmatha Augur

Also be sure to create a post stating, "I'm quitting my nine gold accounts because Daybreak did this or that..." We need more of those as well.

The second part is to come back after one day of, "sticking it to the man!" like everyone else that posts something similar.
  9. mmats Augur

I am back on heroin due to these HA changes. Thanks DBG
    draginn likes this.
  10. draginn Elder

Hmm why do so many people hide as new member?
  11. Tunare4Life New Member

Been playing since 99 but never posted on this account. Heck have never even made a chat handle on this account until just now. Just testing to see if I will be a "new member" based on the above two facts.

Here is the reality and that is the vast majority of the population does not post on the forums. Further the majority of people don't even look at the forums. Some people don't even know that there is a forum section or completely forget that this place is even here. But when something fundamental in game changes and people want to voice their opinion they will find a way and long and behold they will find their way here as "new members". This whole people are hiding is rather silly. Unless people actually use their in game name here how are people "hiding" or what are they hiding from? My personal chat handle is a dead ringer as to who I am in game (not this one as this is a test) but gauging by a lot of peoples handles there is no way anyone would know who they are unless they actually state who they are.

This is just an observation that I have made where people see "new member" and think that equals new to EQ when in reality there is no correlation at all most of the time assuming when I hit post reply I will be a "new member".
  12. draginn Elder

Think goes on how many post
  13. Bobsmith Augur

<~~ noob hiding on new acct.