Nervous about character transfer (server to server)

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Jabez, Jan 29, 2018.

1. Jabez New Member

Hi all,

Want to transfer a character from one server to another and was just wondering if there were things I need to watch out for? Any “gotchas” I need to watch for? Is everything going to get moved, the banked items as well as what’s on the character? Sorry, this is the first time doing this and I’m just a little nervous.

Oh, I’ve read through all of the instructions. Pretty sure I have the logistics down. We’ll see.

Thanks for any tips.
  2. therock New Member

i would also love to know how long it usually takes, and if you took the token jabez, there is no gotcha's its 100% done through DB. i think its safe to say its safe.
  3. Qbert Gallifreyan

The only problem I noticed was that if you had items stored or placed in a housing plot not purchased by the specific character being transferred, the items do not go with you. I moved a character off of Vox to my primary server a couple of years ago, and if I search the new find item feature . . . I can see a whole slew of things in both the guild hall storage and an alt's plot on Vox.
  4. Andronicus Elder

The transfer is easy and instant. And, you will get warnings before you transfer about certain things that could happen to items that you have stored somewhere, as Qbert described above. You just need to make sure you have everything that you want to take with you out of your shared bank and from any real estate that you have possibly.
  5. High Voltage Augur

Even the things you have in your parcels are moved. Only thing to watch, as mentioned above, is real estate items.

Do an /outputfile inventory and /outputfile realestate before, just in case.