Sanctus Seru - Praesertum(s)

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by tuda, Jan 15, 2018.

1. Aziuno Augur

Sounds to me like they would just need 2-3 Tanks with taunt and a Magician. I don't see the issue.
  2. Zolder New Member

This is interesting, lol. Yeah, the AoC is outside, but it requires the key to pop the instance in the first place. That's pretty funny. :/
  3. Ngreth Thergn Developer

Correct. You will have to zone in THEN use the Arx key to get into the Sseru area.
    The AoC in Seru no longer checks for the key (it still checks level)
    qweasy likes this.
  4. Trevalon Augur

Sorry I think this need a little more clarification.

You are saying that the new AoC puts you at the entrance of Sanctus Seru with mobs up and Prasertums spawned. Then once you are in the instance you use the Arx key to get into the pyramid Ala the old method of getting in? Does this mean that we need 1 person that has to go in and out to get every single group in or is the key going to port the entire raid into the Arx Pyramid (Sorry its been a LONG time since I've done Seru without instances).

P.S. Do not forget to force the Praesertums to spawn on Instance up. Right now they have a very long window of pop and it is longer than the 6 hours allotted for an instance, meaning that if they are not changed to spawn on zone up then guilds wont be able to get them killed.
  5. Aziuno Augur

Yes that is what he is saying.

The click up crap will prepare you for Xegony =D
  6. The Hated One Augur

Thank you so much! I know the Might buff will make things harder but we appreciate what you have done. Anyone know where to look up when this patch in Feb occurs...would like to inform our guild.
  7. qweasy Augur

Because the banish forces you to zone, more like 5-6 tanks and 4 mages.

The key works through walls, can just have everyone gather outside where it ports you then swap groups around while the 1 person is chain casting the key.
  8. The Hated One Augur

Wait...the banish from the mobs would kick us out of the instance? that can't be right. That would make that fight impossible for anything other than a zerg. We can deal with having to coth a couple people back but the 1 pre who banishes ALOT will be impossible.
  9. Polekn Augur

Pretty sure the intent is to banish you into the cell in the instance. Of course nobody tested it so nobody knows if it works as intended. I do not see a big problem with this change. You can't dual box it anymore, but it should not be too hard to kill them with 2 groups.
  10. Ngreth Thergn Developer

That is a standard part of adding NPCs to progression instances.
    It teleports you to the jail in the instance (I got hit by this while self - testing.)
  11. Senvon New Member

Is there an eta on when this fix will go live? One week, two weeks, etc? Thanks
  12. tuttles Augur

last patch was 1/17... i would guess we'll see a test update on 2/7 or 2/14, then the roll-out would be a week after it hits test.
  13. Grimble99 New Member

Is the port to the jail a soft port like trakanon banishing to the shroom room in Sebilis, or a hard zone bannish?

Takes me 45 to 60 seconds to zone on my old PC and I'm the main tank for the small raid force we have. Raid might wipe while I'm zoning before I can get cohed back. Adding the MotM to the Praes prevents mage nec and enchanter from holding aggro. MotM will also close to double their HPs now too? Trying to figure out how we are going to be able to kill the Prae that chain procs the ports.

I'm excited you guys are addressing this though.
  14. Rouan Augur

If your puller doesn't suck they're still fairly easy to get to the jail.
  15. Darchon_Xegony Augur

Indeed but I think you misunderstood me.

When I said "banish didn't force a zoneline" I meant the banish forces your character through a loading screen, like an evacuate, which obviously wipes aggro as you are removed from the zone temporarily.

I didn't mean you are force to pull it to a zoneline. Though you are forced to pull it to a jail unless you've got an ultra Zerg. Not a big deal, it just changes the leading strategy to deal with these mobs after 17 years. I'm guessing it wasn't really considered when they threw MOTM on them.

However for progression servers this is an obvious upgrade to how it used to behave.
  16. Rouan Augur

Yeah, it'll be annoying, but less annoying than having to station like 20+ people on a Praesertum for 24 hours just for a shot to do Seru this month.
  17. Ngreth Thergn Developer

If I remember correctly (Beta's down so I can't check) it caused me to reload the zone (What you called a "Hard Bannish") But that's going on my not so stellar memory.
  18. wherehouse Lorekeeper

@Ngreth can you confirm this will be changed for February patch?
    I logged into Test and this does not seem to be implemented there yet, the Agent of Change on the Test server is still requiring the key before he will start the dz
  19. Vanrau Augur

20. Prathun Developer

This is also a good opportunity to review the Game Update FAQ.

"The monthly update is generally on the third Wednesday of each month."
    "The monthly update goes out to the Test server roughly a week before it goes Live."