[Phinigel] -- Warning, DoDH Vule Progression Broken

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Warrior007, Jan 27, 2018.

1. Moncleared Lorekeeper

Oakenblade - I'll simplify it for you since it appears you are struggling. The launch of the progression server is on Wednesday (01/31/2018) and this issue is a critical progression blocker (no demi-plane access with this issue). With that cleared up for you, it is expected that between now and Wednesday the fix is either hotfixed in or not. The expectation is this is communicated regardless so lockouts are not wasted.

Communication is not the strong point for Daybreak, therefore setting expectations will help.

Hope this helps Oakenblade!
  2. Vanrau Augur

If this requires a server down to patch, I think they will wait until they have some other things they need to patch in. If they stick to the patch schedule, you'll be waiting until Feb 21st.
  3. Oakenblade Former ForumQuest Champion

Wow. Gee. Thanks a million! Now everything is so clear to me.

It's a good thing DBG has you here on the forums to dictate those expectations. By golly, I'd be willing to bet that right now they're at their desks, furiously typing away while announcing to one another from their desks, "Disregard all plans and scheduling for our other 20 servers, Moncleared posted on the forums, all hands on deck!"

For a moment I thought I was reading curiously pushy post from somebody on the forums with a misguided sense of self-importance. I didn't realize I was dealing with a bona fide big-wig.
  4. Moncleared Lorekeeper

What you have, I can't help you with :( Good luck though!
  5. Xyroff-cazic. Director of Sarcasm

Since this issue occurs entirely within an instance, I believe a hotfix is usually possible for such things. Waiting until the 21st would be losing Demi for over 1/3 of the time this expansion is current. I mostly have faith they'd get it sorted before then :)
    Guzzle and Moncleared like this.
  6. Guzzle Augur

This has nothing to do with anything I said but... thanks? I guess?
  7. -wycca Augur

You asked about his knowledge of an expansion launch and sense of urgency. I responded relating to knowledge of the expansion launch, the likely status/delay of the patch, and a timeline related to updating you. Seems pretty related.
  8. Guzzle Augur

I didn't ask any questions, I made a statement.

Let's pick it apart.

"Expansion is 2 days away" statement, not a question.

"I would hope there is a sense of urgency felt" statement, not a question.

I didn't need any help, I was conveying my hopes based on his nonchalant and non-committal response of "whether or when this change will go live"

Your post quoting me was rather unrelated, and admittedly (by you) so. Thank you, come again!
  9. taliefer Augur

nitpicking forum posts aside, it would be very disappointing if this isnt working properly tomorrow
    Guzzle likes this.
  10. Aegir Augur

Looking back through history, it's very unlikely they have fixed this by tomorrow's launch. However, waiting till third week in February to get demi-plane access without resorting to a 6.5day lockout poof-roulette, would be very disappointing due to the fact we only have 8 weeks of DoDH.
  11. Darchon_Xegony Augur

Just gotta roll the dice.

Whatever guild succeeds with 3-4 dice rolls first will win the DoDH race. May RNGesus smile upon your guild.
  12. Prathun Developer

This bug was addressed in today's hotfix:
    Hotfix Notes: January 30, 2018

A few posts in this thread hit the nail on the head about the circumstances of the bug.
    It was a race condition. Whether or not the corpse poofed in a given run was effectively random.
  13. Warrior007 53 61 74 6f 73 68 69

Thanks, Prathun! :)
  14. Guzzle Augur

15. Moncleared Lorekeeper

Thank you sir!
  16. Brumans Augur

Are the Doorman and Treddlehoop still killable?

Because if so, that...will be a not good thing.
  17. Moncleared Lorekeeper

I believe both can still be killed. The good news is they are relatively fast respawns. My suggestion is if you see someone kill them simply report them and let them enjoy their vacation later. With picks and such, I don't expect this to be a HUGE factor but it's going to happen no question.
  18. Heartland Augur

Except Doorman will assist other mobs you kill near him
  19. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

Well DoDH came and went and it was pretty fun overall. I didn't see anyone griefing the quest NPCs but that isn't to say it didn't happen.

Still could do with allowing players to zone into Demiplane from pickzones of Dreadspire Keep though ;)
    Brumans and Punchu like this.
  20. Brumans Augur

I don't see WT or OGC on PhinnyProgress yet. Who won? How close of a race?