Sanctus Seru - Praesertum(s)

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by tuda, Jan 15, 2018.

1. Trevalon Augur

Good to hear Ngreth - Even if you leave them non-instanced lowering their spawn times to at least be on par with Raid bosses would be a huge boon to guilds. 3 day respawn is ridiculous on a key quest so guilds can raid.
  2. Jaxarale01 Augur

+1
  3. Rouan Augur

Ideal solution would be AoC drops you at the zone-in with another AoC in zone who checks if you have an Arx Key in front of the... Arx I guess? who transports you inside.

Or just have the AoC ignore Arx Keys, because if you can kill Seru you can kill Praesertums.
  4. HoodenShuklak Augur

Vp key chased people away. Its actually smart money to fix this...
  5. RandomStrategy Augur

Certain players using That which shall not be named to instantly warp and pick up ground spawns is what drove people away. Still a funny video to watch how a Necro who was FD appeared out of nowhere across the map and grabbed an item dropped on the ground.
  6. HoodenShuklak Augur

That didn't help. But I personally knew some people who burned out over the ridiculousness of competitive keying on an instanced server. This is not a server for harsh competition. That's not at all what made it so popular.
  7. Xyroff-cazic. Director of Sarcasm

[IMG]
  8. RandomStrategy Augur

A badge of honor, I could only be so lucky. I know the story behind it, but like paying DKP for my Orb of Confusion, I'd spend all my DKP on this over any Vulak Loot.
  9. The Hated One Augur

As it is the Eve of Luclin on Agnar...is there any word yet from you Devs on a decision for SS? Our whole guild is hanging on edge about this one.
  10. Aziuno Augur

Do the smart thing, have your guild focus on their VT Key shards, and work on getting
    Glowing Orb of Luclinite's off all the other targets. VT is the real end game on Luclin.

They have also been clear that they only instance progression content, thus why they left out RSS in OOW, and some other targets along the way.

I don't think this will be as bad as an issue as it was for Phinny as you can no longer sell the mounts for 50k plat (That was 6ish Krono in the era). People will only be going for them for the Seru key, or Sigil quest. You only need 1 person with this in the guild. Most guilds have at least 1 person with Super high play time.
  11. Darchon_Xegony Augur

This earring is best in slot for about half of the classes. Guilds won't just do this for one Key. They'll do it for earrings as well. Even more valuable than the horses people will kill the Praesertum and sell the shard MQs for 10+ Krono each.

Of course this will be a dumpsterfire of a camp. It will be much worse than Phinigel where 3-4 picks were held open with level 1 AFK bots. No picks will last on Agnarr the necessary 3 days for them to respawn. So you will get 1 Key per 3 day respawn.
  12. Rouan Augur

More like no keys unless you're one of the certain guilds willing to train anyone who beats them to a target.
  13. Aziuno Augur

I still don't see it as an issue. Instancing was put in to allow everyone to experience the end game of an expansion, not to allow everyone a chance at all the loot in the game. (No Pre-awoken sleeper, or viniki in picks for example)

It is not stopping other people from progressing the the end game (VT)

Start your Tradeskill work early for Aid Grimel chain.

On live plenty of guilds made it through Luclin without having Seru earrings.
    On Phinny, many guilds made it through a chunk of Luclin without having Seru keys, and only got them near the end. It won't break Agnarr, you will still have your 8 Fully BIS characters trapped like Zebuxoruk forever.
  14. Boze TLP complaint factory

Avoid the dumpster fire that will be Seru for the Springfield Tire Fire: VT shards
  15. Ngreth Thergn Developer

This is being changed, but, because of the key, cannot be hotfixed. So, Not until the February patch. In the short term, you will have to "compete."

The basics are, the Praesertum's are being added to the same instance as the Lord Inquisitor Seru. When this goes live, it will also remove them from pick zones. They will still be in the base zone and they will get MoTM, but still be fairly easy NPC's.
    Trevalon likes this.
  16. Darchon_Xegony Augur

So... that's amazing except for the MOTM.

These mobs proc/cast a banish every 6 seconds or so. Back during Luclin, this banish didn't force a zoneline, so tanks could pull them to the jail where the banish sends you and eat banishes without it resetting aggro.

On TLPs, the banish now forces a zone like an evac, which will wipe all aggro. The way most players get around this, is by having pets tank Praesertum. It was the most common strategy to see especially PoP and onward because pets avoid banish abilities.

By throwing MOTM on these mobs they will not allow pets to tank them which will essentially turn them into enormous zergs where they will chain banish whoever is on top aggro.

I'd say don't put MOTM on them so that pets can continue to tank. Or change MOTM so that pet aggro only behaves in the unique way for Classic and Kunark dragons to prevent pet-wall strategies. Everything Velious and beyond the pet aggro change was simply a penalty for playing a magician or beastlord and prevented them from using many abilities due to fears of overaggro.
  17. Trevalon Augur

Excellent news Ngreth, its super unfortunate it cant be hotfixed considering this now does very little to help the guilds of Agnarr, How about an emergency patch to "fix other issues" aye? lol :)
  18. Trevalon Augur

You mean one less encounter mages cant cheese quite as easily...Well, hotdog, that's even more excellent!
  19. Aziuno Augur

So the AoC will not require the Arx Key to pop an instance?

Will the Arx Key then be needed 1 per group to port 'into' the arx? Wouldn't the key port them to Open World Arx? The AoC made this easier by porting into the Arx directly.
  20. Darchon_Xegony Augur

Eh I think the mechanics pushed players into that strategy.

[2786] In Irons
    Target: Single
    Range: 120'
    Resist: Unresistable
    Reflectable: No
    Focusable: Yes
    Casting: 2s
    1: Teleport to same -1707, 87, -68, 386

When we would do this on the Al'Kabor server for the Earring, it was typically 1 charmed pet and 1 mage pet to do the trick. On Phinigel I think we used 1 epic mage pet, 1 Necro pet and a charmed pet usually. Wasn't Exclusively mages, all pets were useful in the fight.

But back then, the banish didn't force a zoneline. So there was always the option of pulling it to the jail and then tanking with one tank who retains aggro after each banish. For whatever reason, the spell now forces a zoneline and your tanks cannot hold aggro. So you will almost certainly be required to pull them all to the jail and have to just fight for aggro as every tank will be getting banished and having their aggro wiped very quickly.

I have no doubt 54-man raids will roll over the Praesertums, as they should. But it will be a giant cluster of aggro bouncing.

Also... there's one more issue. The AoC to request this instance in the first place requires you already have the Arx Key and ports you inside the Arx building on zoning in. I hope the updated AoC will not require you have the Arx Key to request? Otherwise it will still require guilds compete for a full Key on their own before they can AoC the zone. Also there isn't really any way out of the Arx other than evac/secession within the instance. I suppose guilds will do Seru and then evac and do Praesertum?

It honestly almost makes more sense to split this into two separate instances of the same zone. One for Seru where you are ported into the Arx and it only has Seru up. One for Praesertum where you are ported to the location where the AoC is in the zone and it only has the 4 Praesertum up.