Move Chase loot to RoS

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by tnot, Jan 26, 2018.

1. tnot Elder

Having just finished leveling up and finishing up EOK progression ( returned to game 1 month ago ). I do most of my grinding in RoS but I was hoping to see 1 of these items, I killed about 10,000 EOK mobs leveling to 110 and farming T2 gear, but no dice.

As I'm finishing progression I'm unlikely to return to these zones as I enjoy playing the newest / hardest content. That said, I did a /who in FM today and there were 47 players there at 1pm, that's more than I see in Over-there at peak times. If we want people playing in the new zones to facilitate grouping and progression, it doesn't make a lot of sense to have the best Group-attainable items in EOK zones.

I still have progression and stuff to do in RoS but Tbh RoS T2 group gear is very lackluster compared to what can simply be bought/crafted, I think this is kind of skewed, the best items should drop in the hardest/newest content. Why not just move the ultra rare loot table to RoS? Not asking for new items or upgraded chase loots, just move the old ones to the new zones, or create similar stat ones ( same as EOK ) for RoS zones.
  2. kizant Augur

They drop in RoS already.
    svann and Slippry like this.
  3. Cloudia Augur

Gee, low turnout in OT and SF? Couldn't have anything to do with overtuned mobs and effects now could it? Maybe people want to play where they can have fun, and do not consider constant rezzing due to unresistable dots and such as "fun".
  4. Cleaver Augur

Unresistable dots and snares that are also uncureable :)
  5. Viper1 Augur

They already dump on previous xpac content enough as it is, we don't need to encourage them more. It's a shame that older content doesn't stay enjoyable past it's time in the sun as the "current" expansion.

That said, as has already been pointed out, EoK chase loot still drops in RoS.
    UncleUms likes this.
  6. tnot Elder

TIL, thank you.
  7. fransisco Augur

Don't forget the ..... "AMAZING" exp rate compared to EoK
  8. Cicelee Augur

Shrug. I did a year of Empires of Kunark. I do not want to do another. I will do a year of Ring of Scale just for something new and different, regardless if prior expansions provided more XP or not...
  9. tnot Elder

Ironically. Got my first Ultra rare this morning, first mob I killed, dropped a Neck heal focus item. *thumbs up*
    Yinla likes this.
  10. smash Augur

Now cannot avoid thinking that you post this when done with EoK, that you want chase loot moved to RoS.

Should you not have posted it prior to be done?
  11. Stephen51 Augur

We have had two rares drop so far in ROS. One in Skyfire, and one in Howling Stones. I think they are the same rares as EOK, rather than new ones.
  12. CrazyLarth Augur

correct. I think I read that in Beta but I am not 100% sure.
  13. Sissruukk Rogue One

I have seen a couple of EoK rares drop in RoS, one in HS, one in Gorowyn.
  14. Ngreth Thergn Developer

this.
    Direct transfer... I simply added the RoS zones to the zones where they dropped, with no alteration other than zones included.
  15. Tiggold Augur

FM has several camps with fast re-spawning mobs and named mobs. Also, this is a great zone for 106-110 to Headshot/Assasinate/Decap at a quick pace as you're going through the level grind. Easy, fast experience is all it is.
  16. Cloudia Augur

Exactly, a place you can have fun, not so easy it is a yawner but not getting blasted because you were distracted for a couple minutes.
    You can invis in a relatively safe area and expect to come back still there if whatever pulled you away takes longer than expected.
    If I am just running a zone I want to be able to explore and fight mobs or not as **I** chose with a reasonable chance to succeed , not be in a constant raid type environment.