EQTraders has been down since two days ago

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Ranonman, Jan 23, 2018.

1. Ngreth Thergn Developer

Well, the site does require PhP and MySQL, so that is a minimum requirement. I would have to check.
    And being an amateur programmer, not an expert, EQTraders does use a good chunk of memory, part of what prevented a change in the past.
    I have not had time to check out other hosts in a while.
  2. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

Every hosting company provides php and MySQL.

EQTraders is a large site with a lot of traffic, that's really the only limitation. Due to this, I'm not sure what package is able to take care of your needs. I run my wiki on the very cheap package (which still costs more than I can afford) and it does have limits. My wiki doesn't have the same needs or see the same traffic as EQTraders, they have more.

CloudFlare (basic is free) or another CDN can help somewhat in reducing the bandwidth and helping prevent DDoS attacks. It isn't a cure for everything, it just helps.
    snailish likes this.
  3. adetia Monkess Wonder, Ruler of All

i really waited too long to switch hosts and get a better deal with better service. it can be a pain but also definitely worth it to make the switch. i've been thrilled with my new provider and the services they offer.
    IblisTheMage and snailish like this.
  4. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

EQTrader's is a good place to use up some of the donating power of everyone's Prime account. :)
    eepok likes this.
  5. Dewey Augur

For those that need to use the site here is a work around until it is fixed...

Use www.google.com as your search engine. Make this default.

Then search for the page and try and open it. When it comes up to the bandwidth exceeded type "Cache:" infront of the web address. This will open a google cache'd page. If google has the page cached then you can still view it.

Open new windows in eqtraders in new windows. Then type "cache:" in front of each web irl that pops up.

It does not have all of the pages, but it has most of them. So it's a small work around until it is fixed.
    adetia and Fanra like this.
  6. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

Thanks for this information. I was looking for the Raxil fish recipe and googled "eqtraders.com raxil" and got the first entry as:

EQTC - Item: Broiled Raxil Fish - EQ Traders Corner
    www.eqtraders.com/items/show_item.php?item=38047 - Cached - Similar
    Broiled Raxil Fish This is a Miraculous Meal STR: +12 DEX: +13 STA: +12 CHA: +13 WIS: +13 INT: +13. AGI: +13 HP: +130 MANA: +130 Endurance: +130. SV FIRE: +25 SV DISEASE: +25 SV COLD: +25 SV MAGIC: +25. SV POISON: +25. WT: 2.2 Size: LARGE Class: ALL Race: ALL Stackable up to 20. Item lore: A bizarre ...

By clicking on the "Cached" link on the second line, it showed me the page with the recipe.
    Yinla and adetia like this.
  7. Darchias Augur

Using the cache is a decent work-around, but the best part of EQTraders is the ability to link through to ingredients and subcombines, listings of drop locations and merchants, and the success calculator (though admittedly I'm sure there's another one of those out there). Waiting patiently for this to be resolved, you all do such good work! I promise to nail down the actual required skill for the hat ornaments!
    Fanra likes this.
  8. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

http://www.eqtraders.com/
  9. Jiggs Elder

Well, someone must be pretty mad at someone at EQtraders cuz its down again.

Guessing another ddos attack?
  10. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Of all the crazy websites to target in the world, seriously, EQTraders? Very strange.
  11. Ngreth Thergn Developer

And back again.
    Jhenna_BB, Tucoh, Yinla and 4 others like this.
  12. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

Thanks Ngreth!

All the donating in the world wouldn't have stopped the site going down from a ddos attack, but just reminding people while there's attention - please donate. :) I can't imagine how much the site traffic has increased since the Artisan's Prize came out...
  13. moogs Augur

Was about to post the same question. Is this 2001?
  14. Brontus EQ Player Activist

Why would anyone want to attack this amazing site?