Re-tuned HAs

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Galien, Jan 17, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bigstomp Augur

Skill > gear. I've seen plenty of well geared tanks explode when a returning tank wearing something like RoF gear does just fine because they bother to hit their buttons.
  2. gubman New Member

I am not to sure how peeps can think gear makes no difference, especially for tanks and melees.
    Casters having it tad more easy but its still 10-15% dps boost, thats far from nothing.

I am sure most group content can be done by skillfull group geared groups but it doesnt change the fact raidgear makes it way way easier and allow less skilled players to achieve things they couldnt do without. Bunch of raiders still arent "that awsome" and would be here moaning if their gear wouldnt allow them to plow thru content anyway.

This game needs content for every kind of players, thats how it worked and survived that long, lot of us dont find HAs fun and wouldnt want to do them for any kind of exp but they still attracted a lot of people and those have the right to have fun in their own way on a GAME.

Narrowing the width of content isnt the way to go, especially when it costs nothing but for devs to admit the change was overdone. How does it matter that some players had fun doing old HAs is beyond me, its their choice and doesnt impact the rest of us so why cant we just let them have fun instead of telling them how they should enjoy this game playing differently?
    Its not like any of those enjoying hard content and big challenges will go back to those missions so I have no issue with them beeing for different kind of players, whatever the reward.
  3. Aurastrider Augur

Yeah gear absolutely makes a difference otherwise why would raiders even care about upgrades? Why would anyone pay ridiculous prices for rares? Why would anyone spend hours, days or even weeks trying to obtain a single item? Its because this is a game about small gains. Those small gains add up and make a big difference. Now I am not saying experience with your toon does not matter because knowing your class is crucial but having current gear when taking on challenging content is just as important.

As an example before my current box crew I 6 boxed with a ranger as my tank and a cleric healing with a bard, necro, wiz and mage. This was before players could be in melee range of mobs with pets tanking. My ranger could tank most HA named mobs in COTF. When I switched over to my sk as my main early on he would get owned by those same named. I would have to stand back and let the pets do the tanking. I spent days researching my spells, tomes, and combat abilities. I trained at the combat dummy and even got my epic and that was not enough to overcome things that my ranger could take on. The reason was simple and that was my ranger who had been my main for years had superior gear paired with way better dps to take out the named faster.

As far as farming TBM or EOK gear in static zones you still need the remnants for it to be worth equipping. I could be wrong but those are obtained from the same over tuned missions that someone in COTF or TDS gear would not stand a chance obtaining. Sure they can try to buy them in the bazaar but I can only imagine the crazy prices people will be asking basically forcing some people into a p2w situation just to experience content that they have already paid for. If they have no plans to rescale things they need to find an alternate path for obtaining remnants so these people actually stand a chance at using the gear they obtain.
  4. strongbus Augur

they did the same thing when the level went form 100 to 105 as well. the big difference was that we had what 3 exp at 105 with gear and aa increase which made it even at 105 not that hard.(in fact I think they waited till the 2nd exp(tbm) before they did the increase to cotf) this time it increase to 110 on the 1st new level increase exp. That is the big thing I think even at 105 you could do the dh ha in cotf level 100 gear with little issues. you can't do the 110 ones in that gear. So a path for those with little playtime just got closed.

People with little playtime could use cotf ha's to level/aa up to max level with a ok set of gear. then move on ot tbm ha to farm for better gear to alow them to move on to higher stuff. Now they can't really do that cause at 110 with crappy gear you are not doing any of those ha very easy if at all.
  5. Toomba Elder

An old gf was diagnosed with ms recently, she said “it’s just a new normal”.

I said “how long until they find a cure?”
    She said “as long as it takes.”

Daybreak put these changes in place and not everyone is going to like it.
    I’m going to play this game until they bury it. I expect every one of you to do the same, im on bristlebane. Just send a tell when im on, if im not busy i will do any older content with anyone.

This game has so many good players, good people that will (when not busy) give their time to any in need.

We will handle any changes : )
    Whulfgar likes this.
  6. Stephen51 Augur

I just realised, the super-hard TBM Missions unlike missions in COTF/TDS, were built around the HA engine (they have that same campfire bug). So that means they will also scale up and will have had their mobs beefed up. I don't supposed anyone has done it since the change and can confirm? I still need to get Anashti Sul, Damsel of Decay win, and had planned on going back again when I was maxed 110. Guess that's going to be harder rather than easier.

To me DB seem to have adopted an Elitist attitude that can only be damaging to their revenue.
    As far as I'm aware all the casual players, although they have poorer gear, aren't as skilled, and maybe haven't stepped inside ROS, still pay for the game with the same cash everyone else does, and if they stop subscribing there goes what maybe a quarter of your revenue?

Now some may say, they wont leave, but with this change, and the way ROS is, I think many will struggle and end up with less xp that they logged on with. ROS has no starter zone. OT has see invis KOS mobs (Leet: Should have completed progression in EOK), mobs with incurable dots, partisan that requires you to go quite deep into a T2 zone, armour drops you cant use without t2 armour from the last expansion or be able to farm the raid difficulty mission which is billed the easiest in the expansion!

Why, DB didn't you just nerf xp in COTF HAs?

My recommendations would be;
    1. Return difficulty of all HA/Missions pre- ROS
    2.Halve the xp of COTF HAs 106+. You can leave the xp alone in TDS/TBM/EOK mission wins, they are rubbish already.
    3. Reduce the lvl of mobs in OT (104 to 106)
    4. Remove SI ability from mobs in OT (barring named)
    5. Remove or reduce the dots on the cactus/skorpi
    6. Make ROS T1 armour creatable without EOK T2.
    7 Don't just revert the OT mission to what it was before, make it easier! Yes it was easy, if you have a drugged up bunch of Raiding DPS. Its the starter mission! People who can do the mission in its current form (and maybe 60% of those who could do it before) don't need anything from the mission apart from the VP key drop.
    8. Up the drop rate of lvl 106-107 spells.
    9. Get a GM to run through the zone on a random server once a day, and caution/ban people trying to Kill steal/pull the whole zone, afk kill, and whatever else (not entirely relevant to this discussion, I just think they should be a little more visable).
  7. Tappin Augur

That’s their excuse, not their thought process.
  8. strongbus Augur

i think their though process was more long the lines of if you want to get xp at 105+ you should be killing 105+ mobs. don't make it right but that could be the only thing i could even think of.

It the only thing that made sense. The feel if you want to xp in a instance at lest you should be killing mobs that are at your level. Don't agree with it. kinda like when they raised the level to over 100 they nerfed the xp you got in older exp if you where over level 101. same thing here just a different way of doing it.
  9. Tappin Augur

This change defies any logical sense. The only thing that makes sense is greed. They are trying to push more micro transactions.
    SevrinSevendust and 22wplkj like this.
  10. Dewey Augur

While I agree that you should be able to kill 105+ mobs if your higher level. I also agree that a merc tank should be able to tank said mobs so that you can kill it.

3 Rogues form a group. One has a tank merc, 2 with a cleric merc; there is nothing wrong with this concept as all 3 rogues need 1 tank and 1 healer so that they can XP the way the game was made to XP. It does not matter on their gear, AA's, level, etc if the tank merc and healers can not maintain agro and keep the tank alive.

If a caster class then no merc is needed, just root the mobs and move on. However; a single merc tank can not tank the named in the Dead hills instance. Therefore; all this does is hurt the melee players. Caster players who can root/snare/kite can still do the instances.

If merc tanks are not able to tank the content, then non of the mercs should exist(Healer, tank, or DPS)

There is nothing wrong with the revamp as long as the mercs can be usefull in completing the task. Currently the merc tanks are lacking and if the revamp is to stay in effect; the merc tanks need increased to a level; whereas, they can actually tank the mission.
  11. Tornicade_IV Augur

Was EOK tuned up with the last patch? I don't think it was.
    It doesn't look like EOK mobs are casting ROS spells Are they?
    This was all done with TBM. An Expansion that only offers 105 gear.
    IT was also done with COTF Tier 2 and tier 3 Ha's. You know the stuff people don't grind and mostly do for progression and named hunting?
    HA's are tiered in difficulty. you can tell by the minimum levels

Gribbles are the anomaly for Dead hills. there is 9 ha's in dead hills not three,

All of this Zone partisan achievements. in cotf required doing parts or the entirety of an HA to complete the static task,

before the Path. COTF, TBM, and EOK HA's base difficulty were different and appropriately so.

EOK's HA's should be more difficult than TBM and COTF, TBM's difficulty should be more difficult than COTF.
    Now they appear to all three be the same difficulty.

That's an issue that has nothing to do with people running gribbles, wearing raid gear or being 106+ because depending on the mission cons these are impacting players below 106. in all except the The blue conned content in Bixie warfront and Western Etheremere Karana.
    Caell, Gyurika Godofwar and 22wplkj like this.
  12. strongbus Augur

gota agree with you here the mercs are really lacking in ros level stuff.
  13. Mulleteer Elder

I know the devs want all the casuals to transfer to warpeace fv server. That way they fitst get money for the transfer.
    People get ez mode exp. Then they all buy krono to get there raid gear.

In the meantime they can get rid of some servers and reduce operating costs.
    Karthanon and 22wplkj like this.
  14. 22wplkj Lorekeeper

[quote="Aurastrider, post: 3623025, member: 412770"

As far as farming TBM or EOK gear in static zones you still need the remnants for it to be worth equipping. I could be wrong but those are obtained from the same over tuned missions that someone in COTF or TDS gear would not stand a chance obtaining. Sure they can try to buy them in the bazaar but I can only imagine the crazy prices people will be asking basically forcing some people into a p2w situation just to experience content that they have already paid for. If they have no plans to rescale things they need to find an alternate path for obtaining remnants so these people actually stand a chance at using the gear they obtain.[/quote]

Thank you Aurastrider for pointing out a flaw in the patch that a dev should have noticed before ruining the HA's. TBM in particular.
    SevrinSevendust likes this.
  15. Galien Journeyman

16. Bobsmith Augur

17. Lubianx Augur

Firstly I'm not an end game raider. I raid with a bottom feeding alliance doing TBM teir 1 at the moment. I have 2 pieces for raid gear, the rest I have earned in RoS zones and tradeskills (was full EoK tier 2 prior)

1. Agree. I was wanting to go back and do some of the achievements but now they will be more difficult

2. They could make it 25% for all I care. I am 110 and have 110 on my boxes as well. I did no XPing in the HAs. Most of it was in RoS with some EoK.

3. This one I am a bit iffy on. I don't mind the mobs being higher levels, but the XP should really reflect that. It doesn't at the moment.

4. The only mobs, other than nameds, that I have noticed see invis in OT are the chokadai. These also see invis in EoK. You also don't need to do EoK progression for them to not be KoS. You just need to kill a lot of Sarnak in Lceanium, FM, Scorched Woods, Chardok, Gates or Lab. One of the factions there is the opposite of what it is in RoS.

5. I'm 50/50 on this one. I wouldn't complain if they removed the dots, but if they didn't, they should make it curable. Whether they make it a corruption based cure, or only curable with dome sort of detrimental cure is up to them.

6. I don't mind that you need T2 gear from EoK, as long as they make it accessible in RoS some way as they did. However this is now more difficult as per point 7.

7. I would be happy if they reverted it or even made it easier, just longer. Put in a couple of other steps to drag the mission out would have been the better option. This was the best way to overcome step 6's issue.

8 Again this wouldn't be an issue if number 7 was easier or reverted. It would always drop a random spell.

A few of the issues could easily be revolved if the mission not being too difficult in its current stage
  18. Zhaunil_AB Augur

TBH i *think* it does also affect the 5 EoK HAs, but i haven't tried any yet
    (nor am i likely to anytime soon unless circumstances "force" me to.)
    This change, by what we could read in Dev posts on the matter, should've changed each and every task/mission in the game that uses the same HA-mechanic for character of level 106+.
  19. Millianna Augur

They have been stagnating mercs since TDS. Would be shocked if they are even usable with the next new content release.
    Catarina Kerr likes this.
  20. Smokezz The Bane Crew

No they haven't. I used a merc tank to kill everything, including named right up to EoK. This is a level increase, there are always some issues around a level increase with mercs that need to be looked at.
    IblisTheMage likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.