Re-tuned HAs

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Galien, Jan 17, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SevrinSevendust Elder

Since a DEV rep has taken notice to this post discussion, i'll give my 2C...flame on if you like.

I'm not a raider. I don't have raid gear. I box, and do so because of my playing hours, and I want to play effectively and not LFG with my time in game. I have one all access account, and 4 silvers. I have played the game since year one. I took a few years off after luclin launch.

The past year I have been working on alts and a different main to change the dynamics of my group, to work some content and progression stuff in the group game I struggle with. Because I only play the game for a short burst of time a day, I look to make the most of it, grinding whatever helps me get the most AA's. I have a plan, I play consistently running HA's to get to my goals, so that I can run progression in other expansions and survive a group game for better equipment. I was struggling with some TBM and EoK content, so re-tuning group, and catching up through gribble HA's was the best path to work things over.

Since patch, gribble HA's take allot more time, and has more risk without equal reward. For the record im not that guy running a HA in 30 minutes, let alone 3 of them...more like 1 hour or more for this old timer. One bad pull and iv'e wasted allot of time, and for me, the only time I had to play. Scaling whole expansions where group players depend on, to gather dated, but the best gear they hope to acquire is really a punch in the face. Expansions should sunset, as they always have. There was a standard model, now its been screwed with. Expectations lost.

I purchased the new expansion for 5 accounts just this month, and just a month ago renewed my all access for my main. The not so funny reality is this past week, I logged back onto steam and have played some other games and my EQ data folder has been cooling off. Call it a break, call it a cool off period, call it what you want DEV's. It's a reality reaction from a consumer who represents as we all do, a component in the puzzle of the market share of your game.
  2. Duhbeast Augur

So the Ha's don't get harder until 106+ right? You've hit end game, act like it.

[IMG]
    Whulfgar and dedab3 like this.
  3. Frozenbullet New Member

There has been a lot of legitimate concerns brought forward by the community as well as the reason for a level increase in the first place. What i am most puzzled about is why our Devs have not made the applicable decision regarding these concerns and provided an update. Bleeding hearts don't bleed forever and eventually all bleeding stops. The result may very well be a greatly reduced player base. I am concerned and i hope our beloved Devs don't make a mistake when it comes to this decision. Everquest is an epic MMO. Let's make sure it stays that way :)
  4. mmats Augur

No, they have been made harder even at 105. Mobs are buffed and casting RoS spells.
  5. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

I see it one of two ways the devs are way out of touch with the casual game or they seriously messed up the retuning of HAs. But I guess all the time on the test server trying it out told them that right? :)
    SevrinSevendust likes this.
  6. a_gnome New Member

Personally, I don't care much about about Gribbles and I believe that the reward (read: exp) at the end was surprisingly good for those 3 missions. I've done a couple of the other missions in DH and while they were quite a bit harder the reward was not comparable.

However, that latest patch and the retuning is bugged. All of the HA do not scale to player level. They scale to the max expansion of the level range the players are at when they request missions. There are posts buried in this thread and in other threads that clearly show this.

Why are missions designed for level 105 in TDS era scaled to level 105s in EOK era? Why are missions in TBM era scaled to EOK era?

This is already causing issues on progressions servers and will continue to do so when the level level increasing expansions unlock. It is also causing problems on normal servers for players who either do not have the latest expansion(s) or aren't 100+ doing level 100 content or 105+ doing level 105 content.
    The scaling system does not account for that. It is bugged and broken. Those latest changes are extremely short sighted, poorly thought through and clearly untested.
    I don't own EOK or ROS for my accounts due to various reasons - and I simply cannot justify spending any cash at all on ROS now which is quite similar to a year ago when the lagfest that was AB sucked all the fun and motivation out of the game for me. With the limited play time that I have anyway

tl;dr:
    Scaling system is broken, level 105 TDS is not level 105 EOK.
    Zekson and Corwyhn Lionheart like this.
  7. Tornicade_IV Augur

HA'S are 25%+ harder for whatever the highest level is.

85 is end game now.
  8. Millianna Augur

EQ is a miserable mess right now. 2/3 of my friends list has not logged in since Monday. You said you are looking at "options." The only option is to return HAs to what they were prior to patch our you are going to lose more players.
  9. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Yeah I have some guildies who have stopped playing out of frustration hopefully they will be back. I agree that reversing the changes would be the best thing.

It gets very frustrating to see Daybreak take actions that end up costing us friends in game and hurt the game itself. I totally get some things they do will be better for the game but not popular but this one has no upside. There is nothing that makes the game better with this change.
  10. Zhaunil_AB Augur

Hmm...
    Do i understand this right, does this say "level 106+ is endgame. if you want to play something in older expansions, delevel"?
    Because that's how i understand this, and that would just be plain stupid.
  11. Zhaunil_AB Augur

Oh, i am not so sure.
    Look at Duhbeast's post:
    He's one of the "gimme hard group content, raids are not challenging enough" crowd.
    He seems pleased.
  12. Tornicade_IV Augur

not to mention he is ignoring that this impacts all the scaled levels not just 106+
  13. Spellfire Augur

Instead of trolling here, you should focus your efforts on T2 raids that you have not beaten yet.
  14. Daedly Augur

Getting close to the end of the business week, hope we hear some kind of information as to where the discussions are. =/
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  15. Dwimmerlaike Elder

You win, we're on our way out. And of course we won't let the door hit us in the . Enjoy your game that no one will be playing soon.
  16. Kylls New Member

The real problem isn't the constant of grinding of gribbles like the trolls of RoTE (maedros and duhbeast) are constanly whining about, but the fact that you need pretty much a full group to get cotf progression done for hero aa's-ach's etc. The HA's in argin hiz are a pia for sure. I haven't tried the boss in the Neriak mission where he's in the four corners/drunk ae going off etc but I'm sure thats a hell of a lot of fun now too
  17. gubman New Member

I got to say i am not sure what the need was to brute force such change on every HAs around with 0 testing just because a tiny portions of them had bit high reward/risk ratio.
    I am really not fond of those missions but i can understand the frustration to not be able to swarm thru old stuff for achievements and more *relax* playstyle than new expension. Especially when said new expac has very stupid T1 (SF is lol and dots on some OT stuff is disturbing to stay polite).

As a raider i dont care for myself, expac is done groupwise and i never thought of going back to do HAs but i find sad that devs only answer to a tiny issue (seriously who cared about 4ish HAs reward beeing tad to nice) is a whole brutal refont of a system with 0 testing before hand. Is that really the best they can do?
    I really enjoy challenging events (even groupwise yes) but i never thought everything should revolve around what raiders (or very good players) can do, lot of people dont play the same way than we do and they still a huge part of this game.

Just once it would be nice to see devs gradually fix something instead of the usual knee-jerk (over)reaction to small issues. Most peeps i know who recently left werent about the game/mechanics/whatever but only because of the way you (devs) handle things (or not). I know you guys are trying but i got to say there is something really wrong on how you sort and communicate things and i know i am far from the only one feeling that way.
    Caell and Corwyhn Lionheart like this.
  18. Dwimmerlaike Elder

This is what ticks me off. How did anyone's fun on Gribbles hurt anything? Did it justify ALL OF THIS? Don't know, Diablo III ftw here.
  19. 22wplkj Lorekeeper

Another real problem is a returning player will use gribbles and CoTF HA currency to buy gear at level 100. After that progress into TBM HA's for TBM currency to buy TBM gear at lvl 105.

Problem is, TBM is tuned so hard now you cannot do them in CoTF gear at lvl 105. Some people think that is funny.
  20. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

The change is insane because it hits the casual and returning player game hard. I would just love to see the logic behind it. For once an actual detailed explanation on the thinking behind it and how they thought it would make the game better and keep it going longer and making money for Daybreak.

Most of us actually want daybreak to make a lot of money off of Everquest because we want the game to keep going and new content to be created. But if they keep trying to make us play the game the way THEY want us to and not how WE want to eventually the game will die off.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.