Re-tuned HAs

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Galien, Jan 17, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tornicade_IV Augur

This is a blatant mischaracterization of what is going on here.
    A whole Expansion has been ramped up... maybe if you got out more you could see it for yourself.

Also did you know Dead hills has 8 or 9 ha's

Two expansions have progression come to a halt.

I guarantee I have fought in more zones and seen way more variety of mobs in the last 3 months doing ha's than you have during the same time period

Yeah its a good thing people have way less viable content than they did just last week,
  2. BlackVZ Lorekeeper

Go read the other thread he posted in, this doesnt seem to be the case.
  3. Addikeys Elder

I wonder what the response would be if they did this to raids. They could make all raid difficulty for the last 5 years match the highest character level. Oh, and, they could keep the loot exactly the same. What could go wrong? Just think, guild leaders would have to tell there players not to level or they can't raid if they level. (Or, they could tell their players to level, get aas, and then de-level to "exploit" that loophole. No one will care about that x years down the road.).

Seriously, wouldn't that be a stupid idea? It seems exactly on par with this current change to HAs and progression. Any time systematic changes like this are brought up, please just use this test: If the (idea, mechanic, change, etc.) punishes a player for advancing his/her character, then we shall not implement the (idea, mechanic, change, etc.).
  4. Vdidar Augur

Post away I was just asking a simple question. I can assure you that you don’t bother me
  5. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

You have fundamentally changed an established paradigm in EverQuest - that leveling/gearing up means older content gets easier. And you've killed progression in all previous expansion for the last 5 years because you tied HAs to progression.

Please undo this change.
  6. shruggz Elder

I have to agree with the I_love_my_bandwidth , for some of us outleveling the content is the only way to beat it.
    and some of these missions are the only way to raise your hero's aa's which is pretty much a requirement in being able to be successful in later content.
    this makes that much more difficult.
    not enough to make me retire, I have a path, but some don't. and when the game is less fun
    people will log in less, subscribe less, buy less, and that's bad for everyone.
    and if someone could gain a hundred or two aa's in a half hour lesson burn so what, its not like we don't need to be max aa to play in current content. its not like there isn't 30k aa's to grind,
    the only ones burning through ros are the hardcore and that's gonna happen no matter how they try to slow em down.
    this hurts the casual and this game needs everyone. and in my opionion shouldn't be trying to exclude anyone. Just how things look from my perspective.
  7. Kelthorg Lorekeeper

Soooo, 21 pages of feedback. I think if we hit 30 pages we get a free toaster. Oh, and my feedback is that I strongly dislike older content HA's now. I am cancelling my one and only recurring account as part of my feedback. I have enjoyed this game for a few years now, but I play to have fun. I hope you all have great adventures, in-game and irl.!:D
    Gyurika Godofwar, Zekson and Galien like this.
  8. Hurrikane Journeyman

I am very disappointed by daybreak driving off their customers. I also cancelled my account. Its becoming way too hard for casual players. If they scale up the HA missions that just means you need the appropriate aa and upgraded gear and will still be behind. I habe a fully raid geared monk and cotf mobs are thrashing me. Not fun anymore. Not worth my time playing.
  9. Hurrikane Journeyman

A lot of the fun of this game is getting powered up and going back to thrash old mobs. Now that has been taken away from us. Toons that are constantly ressing in the guild lobby dont have fun anymore and dont renew subscriptions.
  10. Millianna Augur

There isn’t anything they can do to prevent the scaling, then the only choice is to undo the changes. There is no reason for the old content to be as hard as they new content.
  11. segap Augur

Most of my alts are very low on the hero's aa's. They have only what they achieved doing required progression in any given expansion (TDS to unlock zones, the first 4 missions in TBM, EoK progression for eotd) and have absolutely no problems in current RoS content in group gear (including tanking) without a full completion of the hero's aa. For those that min/max, they become more necessary and do provide some small value to improving your performance. By no means would I call them necessary to being able to survive and perform in current group content. If you're struggling in current content, that's not the reason why.

That said, I agree that people should be able to return to content they couldn't do when current and have the advantage of gained power from newer expansions. It's not a matter of those things being a necessity (they are not), but in giving people that want to go back and accomplish things the opportunity that increased power should give. Breaking that cadence and progression of the game takes fun away from many people and the point of playing a game is to have fun.
  12. Kelthorg Lorekeeper

Omg, that is exactly how I feel too. ;)
  13. Valtam Journeyman

I am a casual player, finding time where I can to do a mission, gain some XP/AA, and primarily have fun. My personal playing skill and time does not allow for an immediate jump into new content, I farm the older levels to max out levels and equipment and slowly work into a new release, long after the hard core players have finished everything in it. I still have a sizeable chunk of TDS and TBM to do, along with CotF and RoF and EoK, and would like to finish them. From my estimation this is no longer viable for me, and the game will no longer be a source of fun, and so I will let my subscription lapse when it comes due and not bother with getting the new expansion for my alts if the situation remains as it currently is. This is not meant as a whining threat, I just wanted to let my opinion be made to the Devs so they know how this user feels.
  14. Slayerwolf Elder

"No promises any recurring subs will be maintained right now, but we've read through developer feedback and are having some internal discussions about the nature of the game." - Originall by Kelthorg

I don't understand why this comment was deleted. Hear hear!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The only way to "vote" in this game is to "vote" with your wallet. Let them hear us.
  15. Ratbo Peep Augur

Our raid group thought the increased player power would let us finish off a few achievements in the (now 2 year old) Plane of Fear. To our surprise even THAT instance was "buffed". (sigh)
    The raid logged. People are re-evaluating EQ as we speak.
    @Slayerwolf: There is a "theory" that the Dev's want subs to drop fast so that the "Russian Overlords" will dump this game off on someone else who might actually want to keep it healthy. IMHO that's the only logical thing that makes any sense now. I think the Dev's are giving the overloads EXACTLY what they want - in spades - so that it backfires faster and perhaps leads to a "better home" for EQ.
    -R
    Hurrikane likes this.
  16. flash000 Augur

i THINK I SEE THE PROBLEM WITH THE DEV TEAM

[IMG]
  17. Tornicade_IV Augur

You 3 box or 4 box? Either way you essentially have a full group in tow whenever you want.

Also you geared up all your alts in TBM at 105 and most likely geared your ROS team in Conflagrant before heading out there.

Is the Ha scaling preventing full groups from doing this content? I think not.. Its the fact now that on Content that could be 2 or 3 grouped possibly moloed is now requiring at least three players of equivalent level to have a reasonable chance of success.

I certainly don't think the solution for everyone is to pay for more accounts.

The frustration with new level content is common and expected. it typically settles out after a few months once people get more familiar with it.

Heroic aa's may not be necessity but you can make the same statement for almost anything

It is absolutely necessary not to make it Artificially harder to acquire the same achievements and progression that others have at the same difficulty.

Who gains from more difficult 95-105 progression ?
    The people with the most powerful gear and the easiest time with group content. and tradeskillers.

Who suffers? people who don't raid and that don't look for handouts.

This change just give the people with the most in game power and influence even more in game power and influence.

There absolutely was no necessity to make 100-105 progression more difficult

Nor was it necessary to make this content harder for Players in the new max level range to do old content.

COTF, TBM and EOK HA's all scaled at differently.not just in content ,but also in gear and reward quality.
    setting COTF and TBM to ROS scaling was absurdly unnecessary and detrimental tot he games natural progression.
  18. Sissruukk Rogue One

LOL, dude, chill. Yes, I am well aware that Dead Hills has more than 3 HAs, considering I have done them all. Second, I would also doubt that you have seen/done more than me in the past three months, considering you have no idea what I have been up to in the past three months.

I am also well aware of the impacts of what has happened here, except I have chosen not to sit around and bemoan and belabor the fact that it has happened. I don't like to kneejerk react to something that happens, because 1) it will get fixed or 2) I'll adapt and adjust to it.
  19. Zhaunil_AB Augur

Yes, thank you.
    Unless of course if you actually have more to offer than a "hahaha" post.
    You know, like an actual opinion - pro or con does not matter much, but sentences do and arguments.
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  20. mmats Augur

"If they die, they die" - Devs

[IMG]
    Gyurika Godofwar, Ishtass and Daedly like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.