EQTraders has been down since two days ago

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Ranonman, Jan 23, 2018.

1. Ranonman Elder

Any words on when will it be up and running? Who is the host of EQTraders? Has host been notified of this? I need EQTC!
  2. Toomba Elder

Hi Ranonman, miss you!!!
  3. Ranonman Elder

Miss you, too fellow! :p
  4. Ngreth Thergn Developer

EQTraders got hit by a DDoS attack. While the attack is over, it did the job of exceding our bandwidth allocation.
    I'm attempting to get in touch with the host, but they are sometimes slow to respond.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare and eepok like this.
  5. turlo Journeyman

6. Ranonman Elder

Thank you for quick response!
  7. Xanadas Augur

I thought eqtraders was a 3rd party website -- why is DBG working the resolution? Just curious.
    svann and Tarvas like this.
  8. High Voltage Augur

Did you ever ask yourself who is the house ogre of Niami DenMother?
  9. Darchon_Xegony Augur

Before Ngreth was a Dev he was a player, one fairly active on EQTraders having done Tailoring and Blacksmithing to GM in the before times with no tradeskill window just the open world containers that you could leave items in etc.

I imagine because of his continued involvement in EQ as a pet project he has taken up some responsibilities hosting that site on his own time as EQTC is important to him.
    eepok likes this.
  10. Ngreth Thergn Developer

I do minimal work now. Just keep it running. Daybreak knows of the site :)
    A volunteer, Aanuvane, does the database work. Niami works on the EQ2 side of the site
    And yes. I did the Database back-end for EQTraders... it was a partial resume for me getting the job on EverQuest (Though I did it for the Denmother... the notice by SOE was a bonus.)
    SOE and Daybreak have not asked me to shut it down, but offer no official support for it, and only ask for the notice in the footer boilerplate, and the disclaimer on the about page that it's not official Daybreak.
    FubarEQ, Jhenna_BB, Chatoyan and 15 others like this.
  11. Tallie Elder

Daybreak might write Ngreth's paycheck, but I am sure Niami has a big say in setting his priorities off hours :)
    Metanis and Gyurika Godofwar like this.
  12. Nennius Curmudgeon

Thank you and a big RASPBERRY at those who say that no dev. plays EQ.
  13. Bortz New Member

I find I am unable to get any enjoyment out of EQ without Traders Corner. Sounds extreme but I get all my fun from Quests and Tradeskills - and the Tradeskill info is all on EQTC.

Really appreciate the site and all the effort that has gone into stocking it with information and maintaining it for the community. Hope it is back soon.
    Geroblue, Krezzy and Fanra like this.
  14. Goodn Augur

This would be a good time to remind those who use EQ Traders and other important EQ knowledge websites that these do take money to keep running. I know I forget this sometimes so when one site is down, it is a good reminder to myself that donations help keep things going.

If you use a website a good deal, please consider donating to said websites (I think all have something on their front page for easy donations) or subscribing if they have that option. As others have pointed out, playing EQ is not the same without these websites and I am sure every little bit that you can send their way helps keep them running and of course, shows to those working hard that we do care and appreciate their hard work.

Thank you all for keeping the EQ knowledge alive.
    Jhenna_BB, Krezzy, adetia and 7 others like this.
  15. minimind The Village Idiot

Well said. And with that in mind, is there a "drive" of sorts to help EQT recover any costs with the attack and maybe buy some supplemental bandwidth for this billing term so they can get back up? One could count the wife and I in for some help.
    IblisTheMage likes this.
  16. Galien Journeyman

DDos, maybe.
    Another reason could be hundreds of players turned from grinding to TS after the HA mistake?
    I am one of them...

[IMG]
  17. Gidono https://everquest.allakhazam.com

Most hosting providers don't charge for bandwidth these days, they stick ya with little things they don't advertise in their packages that ya really need. I would look at moving to another provider.

I'm moving some of my personal websites to Amazon AWS at the moment. I can help ya get your site set up there if ya need help.
    IblisTheMage and Galien like this.
  18. IblisTheMage Augur

Could Zam move to aws? Slow performance here in Denmark....
  19. Gidono https://everquest.allakhazam.com

It's actually scheduled to be moved to AWS. When that will happen, I'm not sure. I don't have any control over that unfortunately.
    IblisTheMage likes this.
  20. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

I'm not sure if EQ Traders is using a CDN but I did recommend they try CloudFlare (basic services are free) if they don't already have one.