Re-tuned HAs

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Galien, Jan 17, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fadenye New Member

Old quote by Dev Elidroth:
    Heroic Adventures are not going to change based upon what classes you bring, but they can scale based upon level, but only to the highest level character in your group. Merck ARE allowed into heroic adventures and in fact were tuning them around the 2 player, 2 merc group.

Why is this not followed anymore? HA's should be easy. If you want to stop people grinding HA's for exp, just lower the exp reward, don't mess with the difficulty. I want to be able to go back to older expansions and finish progress quests and not be forced to bring a full group of players who might already have done it.
  2. Roxxlyy Augur

No promises any changes coming right now, but we've read through player feedback and are having some internal discussions about the nature of the scaling system.
    Strumph, Quatr, fransisco and 14 others like this.
  3. Slayerwolf Elder

I was going to flag out un-sub forever and not look back, but in light of this information, I will put those plans on hold FOR NOW. However, if there's nothing done within a month, I will be forced to unsub.

I can't do any HAs, any group progression, any TBM or CotF progression, nothing. I feel hand-cuffed and miserable. Taking away the xp from Gribble HAs is OKAY, if that's what you want to do, but the rest are just too far. Please please fix this as soon as possible!!!!! Save the game so that it won't die. This HA change, if unchanged, is the death of this game.
  4. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

From SOE here is also exactly what they said in October 2013:
    Of course, anything is subject to change.
    Yinla, Zhaunil_AB and GoneFission like this.
  5. Tornicade_IV Augur

This is not the case. EOK is the fastest route from 105-110.

People are not spending 1-3 hours depending on how many join them to get XP in TBM.

Marks of Valor will only get ya good enough gear to start eok progression.

progression wise. you have Tradeskill gear available at 106+ that at some point will be easily bought.

The main result of this change is that people wlill need to buy remnants because its so hard to get on their own now.
    lets not forget that both COTF and TBM offer Gear from 75 -105

Looks at descending Tower. one below 105 will spend 30- minutes to an hour killing yellow mobs .

The next step has you opening chest that can spawn 1-3 mobs ( agro linked)
    Or taking out 3 red surveryors. ( instead of a weak red this require full disc. ( so another hour In that version) + a red name
    or taking out one named who now requires a full group of equivalent level.

I may keep at this until I get them finished but others wont and I shouldn't have to.

Why does a group geared returning player have to progress at 20% more difficulty than when the people who actually raid and are raid geared did them.

Before the Mercs came out. I started raiding when I hit the group wall. I wont do that again.

I can find anyone within 5 levels of my level to group with.. 105+ wont do them because they are so hard now.

Am I supposed to goto EOK get pled to 110 and farm old static content for tradeskilled gear adnd lose out on my Heroic aa's ( I currently have 9 total out of 75 ranks cumulatively)

My origingal plan for progression was to keep my aa's current for my level, finish my COTF tier progression , work on TDS zones I havent opened yet and go farm Static TBM at 105 for my crypt gear so I could move onto EOK then eventually ROS.

Now it looks like I am better off getting pled. get some conflagrant gear and far,10k more AA's in EOK until I can start working ROS progression.

is that the plan?

I used to take lover levels on these ha's with me. now I cant do that
  6. Tornicade_IV Augur

that's exactly what they were until the last patch
  7. Paradisic_parasite Elder

Making progression missions HA was dumb in the first Place. To then make them scale so they're harder at level 110 than when they were current is just a major fail. Fix this.
    Gyurika Godofwar, Caell and mmats like this.
  8. Egressor New Member

Well said.
    Depending on how this all plays out, I would think a few recurring subs are on the line.
    Gyurika Godofwar and GoneFission like this.
  9. lolans Master

Could not of said it better myself !!!
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  10. Frogmancer Augur

They weren’t, though. While it appears that the devs had a general problem resisting the alluring pull of turning knobs for the last patch and ended up seriously overtuning everything, the CotF HAs were laughable at max level. We’re frustrated because they’re now wrongly tuned in a way that disfavor us (and we are rightly frustrated by that), but it’s not less wrong for them to be tuned for facerolling. Playing sharp or playing flat are both out of tune.

The HA scaling code needed fixing. It’s unfortunate that doing so led to a Cavalcade of Consternation, but we probably need to stop insisting that no adjustment was warranted.
  11. Paradisic_parasite Elder

Old progression should be facerollable.
  12. Frogmancer Augur

Except in TBM, which is generally an outlier as an expansion, HAs aren’t progression. The progression missions in CotF do NOT scale to level.
  13. Spellfire Augur

What's the point of making old content difficult? So people rather watch a movie or read a book instead of playing the game?
  14. Paradisic_parasite Elder

I'm screwed in TBM currently. If it's not progression I personally do not care how hard they make it.
  15. Zekson Journeyman

If any devs are reading this... you guys might want to respond before it's too late.... just saying
  16. Khat_Nip Meow

Post #320 in this thread.
  17. Cicelee Augur

But they did. Like ten posts ago...
    Daedly likes this.
  18. Frogmancer Augur

I’m putting words in the mouths of devs, here, which is always a dangerous proposition, but I don’t think HAs were intended to become “old content” in the same way that other content ages. They were intended to remain a semi-relevant grouping option for groups who got tired of working in the current or next-most recent expansion. There are a lot of implications about gear in that (for example, a viable option to correct HAs for max level toons would be for them to give Bathezid trade gems instead of their expansion currency), and I don’t think the long term implications got a lot of consideration, especially when TBM rolled around.

Why do you farm the HAs?
  19. cowboy5 New Member

if you don't farm ha's why do you care? why is this a thing for you? or are you here like the other jerks taking a moment to tell everyone how great they are and everyone else isnt
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  20. Millianna Augur

Outside of next expansion, HAs were not intended to be current content (look at the design). They shouldn’t be as hard (or more so).
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.