Devs had enough time to respond they arent going to fix it...

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by flash000, Jan 21, 2018.

1. flash000 Augur

I think its time to go over them. Contact Andrew Intrater CEO Columbus Nova aka Daybreak.
    This game would be far from ending if they had devs that did not have utter contempt for the players and the game. This is getting completely ridiculous. They should have responded by now. We need a better Dev team on EQ. This game is fantastic but they have really been there to long and its gone to there heads. The only thing i can possibly think for this move is maybe Parthenon is getting ready for release and they think sabotaging EQ before maybe going there to work? To force players there?
  2. Sancus Augur

Seriously? It's been 2 business days since the patch...
    Sheex, Kaenneth and Cicelee like this.
  3. Heile Lorekeeper

I think the only way for the devs to respond or at least acknowledge something is wrong here, is if we as a collective unit not play this game, which will not happen. If they don't have anyone playing, they won't get paid, hence the shutdown of EQ. They should, at least a representative, let us consumers know that they are working on this issue. Leading us to know nothing is being done makes me believe that they think everything is fine. And also, just the other day, I thought maybe I could do an old mission in The Broken Mirror expansion to finish off some achievements, but getting hit for 80k by Anashti Sul on single hits in full EoK raid gear and some RoS raid gear leads me to believe this won't ever get done for me at least. I feel sorry for the new returnee players coming back to the game, since they have to get full current raid gear and then find 5 players to do old expansion missions that scale up to 110. This game I believe had run its course ever since "theybrokegames" took over the franchise.
  4. Vanrau Augur

I know you are upset and I understand why and I agree. However they don't work on the weekends unless they have been approved to work on the weekend. So it's very rare you're going to get a response from them on the weekend.
  5. HeatherPurrs Augur

I don't care how many business days it's been. The RoSing of CoTF and TBM HA has literally caused double digit members of my guild to remove auto renew and or to cancel their accounts. I've canceled mine as well.

Reasoning and repercussions are pretty simple. Instead of getting all access for my second account, a bard and buying RoS and buying the DB cash to heroic the Bard to 85... I instead canceled my main account.

There is simply no way to catch the Bard up to my Monk in progression AA or for my monk to finish the progression AAs he was working on in my spare time. These progression AA are required/mandatory content.

I'm done. So are double digit numbers of people in my guild. They've basically managed to end EQ in a single patch. If you are "new or returning" and don;t have 35+ progression AA there's simply no way to catch your toon up now. Unless you think you're going to get six other people to waste their time doing a massive amount of time sink in content that provides them with absolutely nothing at all. Not even decent Exp.
  6. oldandnasty Augur

I think DB will respond in some way, next week. Its a little soon to be calling for boycotts. My accounts being cancelled generated a survey request. I took it and explained exactly why I cancelled and would urge others to so as well. Give them time to see if this is going to effect subs and act. If they don't act then don't play or play for free. I agree they should at least respond though.
    Hurrikane likes this.
  7. Aurastrider Augur

I am the first person to stand in the line objecting to the changes to the HA's but I am also a reasonable person. I wont resub my expiring accounts that are lapsing this month if there is not some reconsideration and fixes to these changes but I am also not so hasty to think that a fix will happen this fast. For starters it is the weekend and the developers are people too with real lives and families and I am sure they are at home right now doing what ever it is they do on a Sunday morning away from work. Unless the company themselves wants to destroy something they invested tens of millions of dollars in and asked the developers to do such a thing I don't think this was the intent. I do think these changes were made with poor insight into how they effect a large scale of the population and gaming mechanics post COTF. I generally have a great deal of respect for the developers of this game being able to continue to make content and allow me to continue to enjoy what I consider the greatest game of all time and my favorite form of entertainment. I don't always agree with their changes but I honestly believe they don't have any intent of sabotage or foul play. After all they are people too and make mistakes or some times have the greatest idea in the room when in reality this great idea is a potential train wreck waiting to make the evening news. I don't support these changes but I also don't support being disrespectful towards them and jumping to some conspiracy theory about ulterior motives and wanting to destroy something that we all love. Its frustrating for all those impacted but try to find something constructive in game or out of game with your time that does not revolve around these changes. Back to the artisan's prize evolution grind for me as I patiently wait for a solution.
    SevrinSevendust and oldandnasty like this.
  8. flash000 Augur

it literally take 4 minutes to log in and say yes we are working on a fix they could do that from home if they gave a crap and put everyone who's pissed at this at ease the fact we aren't worth that 4 minutes is telling.
  9. Warpeace Augur

Tell you what... Go work on your day off and not get paid.

Wait till Monday then restart your rant.
    Sheex, feeltheburn, Kaenneth and 2 others like this.
  10. Aurastrider Augur

Here is the problem with this and again I say this as someone who would like a response. If they simply say were are working on a fix people will want to know more. What are you working on? When will we expect such a fix? Why did you make these changes to start with? Its usually better to have answers to the questions you know people are going to ask before you try to address the problem. They simply might not know what to do and are brain storming a solution that achieves the goals they had intended with this change while also making things work how they have always worked and that is older content should not be at current content difficulty. While the solution to the problem might seem rather obvious to everyone on here the actual problem might be more complicated to fix than a simple flip of a switch. I personally would rather they come up with a sound solution and fix it once than be hasty and create more problems in the process resulting in a domino effect of change after change to achieve an outcome that is satisfactory for both sides.
    eepok and Corwyhn Lionheart like this.
  11. Kacman Augur

We had 2 Devs posting in multiple threads. For 2 days after the original patch, which borked the HAs. We also got a hotfix patch to try, and fail, to fix other things they borked. But not even a one sentence post about the HAs before leaving on Friday.

I completely understand that they deserve to have daua off and should not have to work for free. But a simple post of, "we are aware of the players concerns on the retuning of past HAs and will look into it next week" would have been better than leaving for the weekend with nothing.

Hell, even a post from a forum moderator saying that the Devs are aware of the communities concerns and are taking action, would have subsided a lot of these flames.

Zero official word is as disrespectful as giving us the finger
    xeveq and Xapy like this.
  12. Vanrau Augur

In a corporation they usually have someone in charge of communicating changes that affect many customers. I've worked for a few corporations so I know the drill. In the gaming world the people who are in charge of communication is usually the producers role or a lead designer. None of the other developers are going to say anything because doing so probably is not going to line up with what their future decision is going to be so it creates a mess. This is par for SOE/Daybreak, it's been this way for a very long time.

They probably haven't decided yet what they are going to do hince why we haven't seen them say anything yet. I bet there will be a meeting on Monday or early in the week and this subject will come up in that meeting. Once they make a decision, they'll communicate it out to us.
    Sancus likes this.
  13. Reht The Dude abides...

If by ready you mean a couple of years then maybe.
  14. Slippry Augur

Please don't disparage PercocetQuest.
    jeskola and Genoane like this.
  15. Qazwsx New Member

Hmm, the Devs had enough time to comment on the cactus retune, but are noticeably quiet about the older HA "fix". I am sure that when the subscription numbers come out someones head will roll, but it might be too late by then. I think they overtuned the OT cactus mission on purpose just as a distraction from the older HA "fix". Then the Devs can throw us a bone and put the mission to 175% more difficult but the player base will be so grateful that we got something back. Typical Devs, break multiple things, throw crumbs back to appease the masses.

Just vote with your wallet, I have. seven gold subs are poof now. Maybe the execs will pay attention when the Devs are losing them money.

Probably not.
  16. Angahran Augur

Hasn't that game been 'coming soon' for like ten years ?
  17. xcitng Augur

i am elderly & disabled, keeping up rl has limited my play time a lot ... what they have done to ppl like me and returning/new players is a totally wrong thing to do ... i am going to let my gold accts since jan 2000 run out thier time because they have made it to hard for me now to progress in this game .... really sorry i bought ros on 3 of those accts already
  18. Angahran Augur

Maybe mention what it is you are complaining about ?

1) This game isn't 'ending'.
    2) Parthenon has been 'getting ready' for the last 10 years.
  19. Oakenblade Former ForumQuest Champion

--Yeah I went to watch Transformers in theaters - I was a PAYING CUSTOMER - and I didn't really care for the movie. So I wrote a long, well-thought-out letter to Michael Bay telling him my concerns and what I thought could be made better. And you know what...HE DIDN'T RESPOND. Also, he didn't even BOTHER to remake the movie with the corrections that I felt needed to be made. Needless to say I was appalled. As a paying customer I'm ENTITLED to having a say in that product. The lack of response was downright disrespectful!! --

See how stupid and ridiculous that looks and sounds?
    Sheex, Kaenneth, Tour and 1 other person like this.
  20. Mulleteer Elder

Actually apples and organes.

A movie is something that is genrally marketed to be seen at the theatre once. Maybe if you are lucky you will buy a copy.

Everquest is based on a subscription basis where you pay every month. They need you to keep returning.

When you release a new movie you have the potential of millions of people seeing it. If they lose a few hundred thousand people who don't see the next transformer movie they are still going to have millions of people seeing the next piece of poop they put out.

Now honestly how many eq subcribers do you think there are? my guess <100k.
    If you start losing those it droves its game over.

I raid, I can still do plenty in the game. However the so called casual players are important source of income for daybreak. If they all leave I am not going to get another expansion.

This is one of the most serious issues the game has faced in years.

I play an sk, I have been nerfed quite a bit over the last year and I took my lumps. I understand that have God mode was the best of things. I can still do my primary job just fine. Tanking.

I am honestly worried about this and what its going to do to the paying numbers.
    SevrinSevendust and xeveq like this.