Re-tuned HAs

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Galien, Jan 17, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hickers Elder

The old scaling system was working fine, no need to 'fix'.

Before the change, running the same HA's at 110 that I had at 105, the mobs were conning higher, hitting harder, and had more HP. So it was harder, but still appropriate considering I was going back to content 4 xpacs old.

As much as I'm sure the devs don't like to admit they've cocked up, this needs to be undone. The arguments are sound, this isnt just a knee-jerk "you've nerfed my class bla bla".

The customers are speaking, it would be wise to listen.
  2. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

Why are the progression missions affected by this anyway? Why isn't this only affecting heroic adventures? Since when are progression missions supposed to scale?
    Strumph likes this.
  3. Dontee Elder

logged in this AM to try and have some fun with my Sunday AM free time before the kids get up, died so fast it was ridiculous. In stuff I have done before. NOT FUN. Looking for another game to load now. I love EQ, but I dont have time for needless frustration because some dev didn't think something through. I dint have an hour to LFG, then run where-ever, and the game is very top heavy right now so there isn't much call for a 103 mage looking to catch up to friends after a long lay off.
  4. Tornicade_IV Augur

Progression Missions are HA's in COTF and TBM.
    eepok likes this.
  5. oldandnasty Augur

Listening would be nice but please at least explain. How about an answer? Why were these changes implemented? Tell us something.
  6. Dontee Elder

maybe they think people will be force to buy more accounts to box to overcome it?, rather than do what I will do if it isn't fixed FIND ANOTHER GAME TO SUB TO (I was not free, AND I bought stuff in market to support the game, look it up staff)
    Gyurika Godofwar and Qazwsx like this.
  7. oldandnasty Augur

I was paid also. Two RoS accounts that I maintain on 3 month subs and one that rotates monthly until I get all my silver accounts AAs fixed from the revamp. Once I had them fixed and decided who I wanted on my 3rd main, I was going to purchase a 3rd copy of RoS. At least this change has saved me some money on rotating monthly accounts and buying another ex-pac.
  8. Chokal New Member

14 page thread from upset paying customers. Daybreak can't bother to respond.
  9. flash000 Augur

Devs are wrecking the game time to go over them contact CEO of Columbus Nova directly maybe?
    Andrew Intrater?

He might care if enough contact him? This game would be a long way from ending if Dev's knew what they were doing. The seem to have nothing but contempt for Everquest and the players.
  10. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

Since when could people level 90, 100, 95, 75, whatever do Anashti Sul with weaker mobs?
  11. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

I would have to agree that Daybreak seriously missed the mark on the HA scaling for older content. They don't seem to realize how it will hurt the casual game and also affect all those trying to complete old content when there are no groups available.

Not sure when they will figure out that EQ has an aging population that overall gets less hardcore each year. I have been running a large guild for almost as long as EQ has been around. For many of those years we have been a more casual guild and I get to see cutting edge players as well as the more easy going folk. Lets keep Everquest a place for BOTH types of players.

I think its fine to scale HAs but the difficulty levels should be reflected in the loot you can get and the experience so I agree easy older HAs should not give as much exp but since the currency or drops are useless the exp hit should not be quite as bad.

I noticed in the Producers letter for 2018 they mentioned they are already working on new content but did not say the next expansion. No idea if that means anything or not. Maybe this scaling stuff is them looking to a time they won't create new content and just add new gear to older content.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  12. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

I like the idea of an easy/hard option on prior expansion HAs that someone already mentioned.

With hard mode any prior expansion HA would be tuned to current expansion difficulty levels BUT they would also award HA currency usable in the current expansion for current expansion gear.

With easy mode the exp would not be as good and you would not earn any current expansion but the HAs would be tuned to be much easier and only award their original HA currency. Make the gear no drop and buyable from a NPC in the new expansion.

This would satisfy everyone.

1)More casual players could still play behind the end game, those wanting more difficulty have a large group of HAs that will always remain relevant.

2) Those trying to get to the hardcore game and trying to get all their saviors done or just those that want to check off the older progression as done can do so as well.

3) Needing the current expansion to use the HA currency obtained from hard mode of older HAs will push people to buy the current expansion (since I always assume Daybreaks tuning or retuning of older content is usually directed at getting people to buy the latest expansion).
  13. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

See that's the thing. Everyone has their own idea of what is bad or good. I think Gribbles actually filled a real need. I see many players using it as a method of catching up when they return to the game which is a very good thing. Also agree with your reason too.
    Gyurika Godofwar and Zhaunil_AB like this.
  14. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

It is pretty obvious that one of the metrics that is super important to Devs is expansion sales. Which makes sense no more expansions means an end to a lot of dev jobs and worse profits for Daybreak. BUT they don't understand that nerfing older content to push people into newer content is a losing proposition.

I found EoK to be a much superior expansion to RoS. It's funny because I felt really good when I tried EoK and found it overall to be a fun expansion. RoS not so much.
  15. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

TBM Mission: [Bane of Decay] took a group of 5 lvl 110's + dps merc (yay for real healers!) nearly 4 hours to complete.
    Trash mobs have 12.5 Mil HPs and hit like EoK T1 named. Ok. Fine.
    The Totems have 30 Mil HPs and the aura hits between 10k and 40k per second. Yeah. Players gotta stay out of that. Send pets in. Range DPS. 10-12 minutes per x 6. Yup. Got it.
    But the mini at the end? It one-rounded nearly every person in the group. My toon has just over 200k hp buffed with a mix of RoS group gear and EoK raid gear. Only 15k AA though. Working on that.

Let that sink in. One-rounded....by four year old progression content. Oh, and did I mention he was slowed, too?

Revert the changes. Please?
  16. minimind The Village Idiot

Question -- What level are you? I'm trying to figure out if it's worth my wife and my time to continue with our TBM progression efforts (level 105, 104, and 101 plus mercs) or are the mobs at our level now overtuned as well?
  17. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

I hadn't thought of this. But do you think making prior expansion HAs harder solves this at all? I guess it makes the old HAs harder for Free to play toons. Though I think if this was an issue they would just change to be 5 or 6 expansions back instead of 4 going forward. Or only allow autogrant to kick in after an account has been actively subscribed for at least 3 months (or more) though this would tick a lot of people off.
  18. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Actually the way things were before the patch it ensured their was content at a wider variety of difficulty levels. For each person that doesnt like this there was at least one person that did. Its been a long time since I ever did a significant amount of gribbles. Doubt I have done more then 12 or so in the last six months. But they were good for a lot of players and even if I didn't rely on them or want to do them over and over some had fun doing them. Their fun didn't ruin the game for me so why should I mind?
  19. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

I agree that these changes show a lack of dev knowledge of the game OR poor judgement. Running a large casual guild it kills me every time they beat the casual players over the head with a stick.
  20. Tornicade_IV Augur

I did Crypt mission at 95 I think maybe 93. as the tank. I got the mirror myself at level 90 or so. with help
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.