Solo/Molo returning player

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Paravar, Jan 20, 2018.

1. Paravar Journeyman

Hey all,

Returning after a year or so hiatus. Have played a necro and mage in the past and was thinking of something new to try. Have seen posts saying good things about shaman and druid dps, but not sure how well they molo. Also considered BL or SK..are any of these as viable as the nec and mage? or would i do better just sticking with one of them?

Any advice appreciated!
  2. Tornicade_IV Augur

all classes are viable. What you play as a main is typically dictated by your playstyle.
    Quatr likes this.
  3. Tatanka Joe Schmo

All classes CAN solo/molo, but the difference in degree is huge.

To OP, yes, NEC, MAG, and SK are the best classes for that. With SK actually probably being the best.
    Oxgoad and IblisTheMage like this.
  4. Paravar Journeyman

Well i've decided to go with either a SK or a BL. Have both up to lvl 25 to try em out...sadly i am still undecided and not sure if i should invest more time trying em out or not.
    Can someone advise about these two classes. How do they compare to each other solo/molo wise?
    Which can do the most content? Can the molo current content?

Any and all advice welcome!
  5. Gana Augur

As Tatanka said above, the SK is probably the best solo/molo class in the game.

However, the only advice I would say is to play whatever you enjoy the most. As an alt-aholic, I say play them both! =)
    Oxgoad likes this.
  6. Gio-Cefalu Augur

I have a 105 SK and 110 BL that I'm basing this off of (among other alts and classes). If you are starting at lvl 1, it's going to be a loooong time before you finally get a feel for how the classes play. A lvl 25 BL or SK plays nothing like they do at 85 or 105. If you can afford to heroic a character, I would suggest that. As long as you don't level up the heroic character to 86, you can actually delete the char and make another class as a heroic (I did this last night).

As others have said, most classes can solo/molo for exp pretty easily, but farming gear is the tough part. If you want to take on named, I would suggest SK, BL, Necro, or Mage.

Sure, druid/shaman can solo/molo, but their ability to take down named for new gear in current content is going to be very difficult. I have never played a necro very long, but I have friends who do amazing things with them; it's just not my class.

So, based on my exp with SK and BL, I would go with the BL. You probably have a little more DPS than the SK starting off, and gearing is far less critical as long as you can get a decent EM item. With the SK, I have needed a lot of help from boxing to help gear/Aug/AA my SK to a stronger place. Once he finally "gets there," he may actually be to solo/molo some T1 stuff like others are suggesting, and in the long run the SK may out-perform the BL, but if you ONLY want to play a single character, then I would go BL > SK as you'll be able to tackle more content quicker, and without having to farm dozens of older expansions for progression and augs.

Just remember that my opinion and $2 will net you....$2.
    Quatr likes this.
  7. Quatr Augur

Yeah, gearing a tank can be time-consuming. You need to do a lot of camps for different slots and augments. Plus you may also need to earn expansion-specific currency to get things from vendors. A BL just needs an EM item and a couple of weapons and he is good to go.