Re-tuned HAs

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Galien, Jan 17, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Karthos Augur

One can only assume that this change was made because they hate boxing. The only logical response is to cancel your alt accounts. I will be cancelling auto renew as soon as I get home.
    Tronda and NameAlreadyInUse like this.
  2. Whulfgar Augur

spoken like you just need to go ahead an like every other person on thread .. an cancel all 18 accounts asap .. cause everyone has that many and will ultimately destroy DBG by not playing the game anymore cause the hand outs are now over with ..

oh noz .. now you an every other person in game has to actually play with other REAL players in the game to actually accomplish something .. the free ride is over .. heaven forbid .. what shall we all do ..

oh yeah . we all gonna unsub this B*sh .. an make dbg pay ! ! bwhahahahahahah what ever fella ..
    Oakenblade likes this.
  3. NameAlreadyInUse #CactusGate

It sounds like you just want somebody to play with you. Maybe people don't want to play with you because of your mean attitude. If you log on to Bristlebane, I will play with you.
    Nennius, Whulfgar and Bigga Baddeboom like this.
  4. Whulfgar Augur

Very possible. I do hold people accountable for their failures or successes in grps that I am in. With the current incarnation of everquest player base, most of them dont like being called a spade when they are in fact a spade ..
    Nennius and Oakenblade like this.
  5. Sindace Elder

For all the mentioning of Gribbles, the HAs got botched all the way up. Pre-patch, TBM mobs were already yellow to 110 in HAs, it's not as if people leveled up to 110 and kept killing 105 mobs. Mobs now hitting 33k+ in TBM HAs on a 246k 5200ac tank. Looking like close to triple the HP. Worthless. The entire reason I bought 4 expansions was to level up to 110, and go back to previous expansions to experience content I never had, and level up the hero aas. Now that's clear it's not happening. Will not sub any of the 4 accounts after this . As much as I can physically handle RoS mobs with my gear level, my desire is to do TBM/EOK and the risk/reward is botched hard. Scale back some exp if you have to, for whatever reason you thought this was a good change to make in the first place.

100% will not sub again with this change. Will regear as non-prestige before I give you another cent.
  6. tnot Elder

Would it be so hard to just make a Mission with reduced loot table that a pick up group can do? Fit for the New world, and the other Thuliasaur mission come to mind, what was it, pups?

Frankly, I like hard stuff, this expansions problem is not that it's hard, it's that you can buy gear that is close to or better than what you can get with a casual/pickup group.

Conflagrant gear should not even exist, it definitely should not be better than T1 RoS. If I stop playing it's because the motivation/upgrade to T2 RoS gear is negligible. Why would I want to spend hundreds of hours for something barely getter than what can be bought for no work? Pay to win has creeped into this game, if I stop playing, it's because they removed the motivation to advance by selling the same achievement for a few bucks. You can do nothing but purchase crap and be 99.9% as effective with most classes, or you can spend hundreds of hours to gain.... Wait for it. 4000 hit points and mana more... Less than 2% of what fir some classes are completely unnecessary.

Without the motivation to advance, which purchaseable gear destroys, I find myself not caring to log in. And I only returned to play a month ago. This is looking like it will be my shortest EQ stint ever, and I'll seriously question whether I should dump the money on a new expansion in the future to play again.
  7. Vallistar New Member

The lack of foresight with these changes leads me to believe in 2 years that I will read a headline on reddit saying Daybreak Games to shutter Everquest. It is so out of touch with the community or the wants of players. Heck all of RoS is completely out of touch and overtuned to the point of not being fun. A game should be inclusive not exclusive. Raids should be hard at current content, and the keyed zone VP should be hard. VP is way too easy compared to the tier 1 zones in RoS. Not only does the AA experience absolutely blow in RoS, but with the changes to HAs it now sucks there as well. EoK was so much better tuned, gave soloers some fun in FM, gave groups good loot for missions that were doable, and gave people good exp for logging in a couple of hours a night.

Devs if you are reading this whatever goodwill you have with the community has been undone. Show you care about the game or my first sentence will ring true.
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  8. Orcpawnhntor New Member

I’m visually impaired and loved doing older content since it’s easier. I loved Gribbles because I’ve memorized every pixel and its popular so people actually want to group with me. It’s fairly difficult for me to learn new zones and people get frustrated grouping with me. Everyones invited to my pity party! I’m going to try make an effort to find something else to do in the game but we will see. Might be /exit for me
  9. Novaburst New Member

Need to adjust xp down so people go to the new world and earn their xp. Take away the easy button already. Yes I do it too. Give me a reason to not....
  10. Cannikin Augur

I still have yet to see any coherent argument how screwing up every expansion since CotF is in any way shape or form an improvement to this game. "Gribble sucks and YOU suck" is not a coherent argument.

I am an officer of a large casual guild. I am level 110 and much better geared than most people in my guild (mix of TBM and EoK raid, and EoK t2 group and RoS t1 group). I regularly help guildies get through semi-old content (which to them IS current content) so they can unlock important things like CotF vendors and TBM vendors/progression, and they can get a boost through without wasting too much time gearing up with stuff that will soon be obsolete. Now I have to tell them "Sorry, I can't help you there. Grouping with me would just make things worse. You're on your own." What part of that is "encouraging people to group with each other"?

Tell me, are you uber elite players going do what you preach and suddenly start forming "real" groups to help non-raider people "git gud"? No? You were never going to do those old HAs anyway? This whole thing didn't matter to you in the first place and you're just commenting to let people know how much they suck? That's what I thought.
    Galien and alanon like this.
  11. Tornicade_IV Augur

102 SK with 3500 Ac 2500 Avoidance 14500 AA's
    I was doing Descending Tower today from Captain Russell to try and get my mercenary achievement
    step 4 has a foreman who cons red.
    [IMG]

During the fight I cycled through All my defensive disc and kept a shield up.

should this mob for an HA where the highest level is a 102 grouped geared have 14 million hp and do 12k DPS

This is as bad as making all the 105 and lower has mobs cast the new 106 spells.

so I have to do work harder to do this content than the people who did it just 4 months ago.

There are players returning to this game and when they get 85+ I suggest they do some ha's and earn some mark of valors along with merc II achievements.

but the hard ha missions have gotten harder with the release of ROS. in what world does that make any sense.
    Here is our DPS and total damage on the mob.
    Foreman Arnold Sturr on 1/18/2018 in 374sec
    Total
    --- DMG: 8985543 @ 23279 sdps (24026 dps in 374s) [100%]
    --- DMG to PC: 5945642 @15403dps
  12. Tornicade_IV Augur

just as a follow up here is the damage chart after I brought in a 106 Necro for comparison
    [IMG]
    Foreman Arnold Sturr on 1/18/2018 in 172sec
    Total
    --- DMG: 8200870 @ 40004 sdps (47679 dps in 172s) [100%]
    --- DMG to PC: 5164587 @25193dps

Produced by GamParse v1.5.2.12
  13. Tornicade_IV Augur

Gribbles is 3 out of 32 HA's by the time their done with all these improvements gribbles might be the only HA left I can do. because every time they retune for 110 it just doesn't scale back appropriately.
  14. Zen_Master New Member

HAs totally suck now. I have a job so I really only get 30 minutes to 1hour of play time each night. Each mission has just turned into a grueling slog. Daybreak is worsening the game experience for working folks or even to the young crowd who want fast success.
  15. Bigstomp Augur

Personally I feel the old HA's should not scale up. I like the scale down mechanic so people lower level can try em. I don't like scale up.

Old content should be beatable trivially so you can go back and finish checkmarks you have missed.

I havn't tried, but in theory the TBM hate/fear raids should scale too. Anyone tried those?

Edit: But if they're ancient content I also think the xp should be weak and not be a perma-grind camp. Anyone who doesn't need the gear should have no interest in going there.
  16. oldandnasty Augur

Sorry to disappoint, but I only have 3 paid accounts but I did cancel them. I think they will address this issue eventually. I have roughly 40 days of paid time left on the 2 accounts I bought RoS for. If the HAs get fixed or mercs get improved to the point where I can enjoy the game I will gladly renew.

When changes are made to the game which makes it un-fun for me, I will no longer play. Everquest is a game and some of you guys act like it's life and death. Games are supposed to be enjoyed. No one should pay for a game they are not enjoying. There are plenty of other options available. I'm well aware three accounts is nothing for DB to lose and I'm perfectly fine with that.
  17. Zhaunil_AB Augur

Well, my take on this is that this is a political move.
    They do something horrible, like let the chat-lag issue get completely out of hand to a point wher eeven their "core customers" in the US start to complain, only to "improve" the situation a bit and people shut up. It's improved after all. Still worse than it was before, but hey - not as bad as it once was, right?

The same thing here.
    Do some completely stupid move to upset the community as a whole, while you do something else that you want to "sneak in" without too much notice since the players' attention is elsewhere.
    Or, on a slightly different angle, do something really bad you know your customers will not accept (like double the price) only to take a little back (but you still have increased the price by 80% - AND now people shut up because they "won").
    I suspect they're doing this idiotic move only so they can take it back to "replace" it with the "fix" they originally wanted but were quite sure we'd not accept.
    And if i look at the "don't do this, do that instead" offers given by players already in these threads, they're succeeding at it too.
    Because, whether we like it or not, we're lemmings.
    Just as long as the social ties that hold us together in guilds hold up.
    It's a dangerous game they're playing, and they're literally betting their jobs against our gullibility.

There really can't be any other solution to this specific issue but to take this scaling UP of old HA's back, unconditionally, and revert it to the pre-patch situation.
    And THEN, maybe, go at addressing what they THINK was wrong with whatever they thought was wrong in a methodical way with a proactive communication.

I am more and more happy that i haven't resubbed for the whole year...
  18. Zhaunil_AB Augur

Of course it's not.
    But at the same time, for many EQ is *more* than just a game too.
    That's because over time even "virtual" relationships have (e.g. through guild meetings) grown over the years.
    (Heck i know of children being born in relationships that have originally been formed in-game)

We've had examples over the years, where whole guilds have moved on to somewhere else.
    And frankly, at this time, i see this as the only true alternative - unless you're a more solitary guy in-game anyways.
    For those of us with closer in-game ties though, this compares a bit to going on a hiking trip with your RL friends even though you don't like hiking at all, because you still enjoy their company.

Still, we're doing what we can to make this unwelcome hiking trip as much fun as we can muster, despite.
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  19. Koldanar Elder

Devs,

Please reconsider this change. It doesn’t make sense at all for mobs in old content to be at the same level as latest content, with no rewards. I for one have never used HA’s for getting experience but when I returned to the game after a 2 year break, guildies would help go back and do progression stuff from previous content. This change will make it a lot harder for people to catch up.

Kold
  20. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

The change was made, because no one should be earning 30+ AA in 2 minutes from doing 1 HA mission.

Problem is while this only seemed to occur with HA missions from Gribble, the whole lot got hit, so those that did scale well, like those from Captain Russell Cooper in Dead Hills, Lark in Neriak and the TBM HAs are no overtuned.

I'm hoping these get re-tuned when they redo Fell Foliage.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.