Re-tuned HAs

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Galien, Jan 17, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Daedly Augur

Or just allow us to choose what level HA we do. People whom are below 105 would still be able to make relatively quick progress and those who are higher level would naturally see lower exp returns by doing HA's that are lower than themselves.

The only thing I would wonder about is how achievements would need to be handled. As it wouldn't make sense to allow people to choose the lowest HA possible to get an achievement. Perhaps achievements would need to only be granted if the level of the HA is equal to that of the highest player in the group OR if the HA level is equal to level highest level available when the expansion it was in was released.

That is to say that someone doing an EoK HA can't earn achievements unless the level of the HA is 105 and above, OR the HA is equal to that of their highest party memeber.
    Corwyhn Lionheart and Jhenna_BB like this.
  2. Goneamuk Journeyman

Oh, it'd be awesome if we could choose the level of mobs in a HA. Could simply make the # of points / alt currency adjust via the level of mobs / difficulty. It'd be pretty cool to just go through a task at lvl 100 and choose lvl 90 mobs, so you could work on collections / hunter achievements but not be worried about getting owned by trash mobs.
  3. Cicatrinz New Member

I usually try to avoid these kinds of posts; however, as an old (I started EQ when I was 14 (Am now 31)) I recently returned to the game at the behest of my family that plays. I got going, started playing the only class I have never played in this game (Necromancer) and I loved it. I noticed that their DoT's weren't doing as much damage as others, I got over it. I noticed my pet wasn't as good as others. I got over it. What I AM having trouble wrapping my head around is this HA change. The last expansion I did was Call of the Forsaken, I raided, did all group content, completed everything I could - and I loved it. That being said, until yesterday, I was really enjoying getting caught up on all the AA's/Progression needed to be competitive, and that is REQUIRED BY ALMOST ALL RAIDING GUILDS. That's the end-goal here, yes? Joining a RAIDING GUILD (Since all content is tuned to them) and making really hard monsters dead to collect their shinies. I was blowing through TBM/TDS content, some of the mobs in TBM are annoying as heck with their mana drains etc, but it was challenging enough that as a 109 Necro, I could still die in the HA if things didn't go like I had planned, gotten more adds than I could handle, or any of the myriad of things that can go wrong in EQ. What I do not understand is this: you all tuned literally everything to this level. I tried doing an OMM mission yesterday, too. You all know the ones. Go back in time to where EQ was in its infancy, kill stuff, etc. Granted, an Enchanter can solo them all, and that's what I did, chose the Enchanter - but you can imagine my surprise when upon entering the zone, ALL OF THE MOBS WERE LVL 110+. That's right, even in Old Man Mackenzie's (Content NO ONE DOES ANYMORE) the mobs were still tuned to my lvl 109 Necromancer. As soon as I zoned in, I was quaded for 76k, and immediately dropped the mission, and proceeded to check out some TBM content I needed done, still. So, I grab my mirror, head in to Demiplane of Life with my brother, and get into the mission. Mobs went from /con'ing, as of Monday, from db/lb to now being white to red /con. "No biggie" I said to myself! "I'm a strong and independent Necromancer, I will kill this and then make pets out of the corpses of my fallen enemies!" So, I pull the first mob, he gets to me before my pet could attack him because we all know pathing in this game is still garbage. Mobs flurries me for 32k, takes me down to 4% hp in 1 combat round. I quickly hit the FD button and spam pet attack. My pet starts attacking (107 Necro pet with Max pet AA's for 109) and the mob drops my pet down to 65% in 1 combat round. Still, no big deal. I'm used to having to help my Merc heal. I stand up, start casting away. I use my swarm pets, which are still pulling aggro from my main pet, riddle me that. And start to wait for the thing to die. I cast 12 dots on the mob, which is useless as my brother zoned in at this time, and his dots prevent some of my dots from being cast on the mob, and do more damage. "No biggie, I can still FD and do other fun things BL's can't do." I says to myself with a tear in my eye. We proceed through this un-necessarily hard 3+ year old content mission and get to the last boss. Anashti Sul, the Lady of Life. This was the first time I had seen her, and I took a few moment to revel in the amazingness. I hail her to start the event, and she 1 rounds me. Didn't even get a chance to /pet attack, press FD, nothing. I scratch my head and think, "Huh.. Maybe she has a Death Touch or something?" I check my combat logs, and nope. No Deathtouch mechanic. What I DO see is this. x6 Hits for 80k'ish, and 2 DoT ticks in the nano second I was alive. That's right, in the .00000000000001 Seconds I was alive after hailing her, I was hit TWICE with a DoT for 75k. Let's do some math here. 80,0000 x 6 = 480,0000 (No tank has this amount of HP that I'm aware of.) 75,000 x 2 = 150,000. 150,000 + 480,0000 = 630,000. Also a number I don't think any tank in EQ will have, ever. Hell, I don't even think tanks in WoW have that kind of HP. I could be wrong, though. Heck, even when I checked my xp (after using my Expedient Recovery) I found that I only obtained 3% total xp for my lvl. I know 109 is a "Hell Lvl" but I mean, c'mon. I killed over 50 mobs in the previous mission to get the mirror to kill Anashti Sul. 50 mobs in EoK or RoS lvl content != 3% xp. This HAS to be fixed if you want this scaling to remain.

What was the point of this re-tuning? No other content has been touched, ever. When you get to a point of having 5 year old content be more challenging than current RoS stuff, you're doing something wrong. There is no reason people that are in RoS T1 Group Gear, or heck, even EoK T1 (Cohort's) should NOT be able to go back to even TDS content, and absolutely destroy it. It's not relevant any more, the gear and items especially from solo'able content is trumped by anything from relevant content, augs aside. You guys are basically telling everyone that is NOT in a raid guild to eff off and cry more in a corner somewhere, OR, use illegal software to 6 box content that is now 5+ years old, for no reason. And even then, I doubt a 6 box could compete with some of the OLD CONTENT. I play on Firiona Vie, where I can buy raid gear if I spend $300+ USD buying Krono to buy the gear from the farmers that turn around and sell it on PlayerAuctions for cheaper than you guys sell it. Honestly, y'all..

This is the end of my rant, I just really hope this is fixed, and soon. I refuse to de-lvl my Necromancer that I have worked very hard SOLO'ING my way to 109 to make content that I SHOULD be able to blow through, because it's OLD AF, because you all feel like you want people to stay focused on RoS and maybe EoK content. I've had people in my guild and general chat comment on how much harder even EoK missions are now with this change. So, please, for the love of Norrath, do something about this, and please do it quick.
  4. Goneamuk Journeyman

Something everyone should keep in mind, players seeking a "challenge" no longer need to buy RoS or even EoK. CoTF instances provide the same level of "challenge", and it's FTP.

I like a lot of the FTP community, but the game should cater to the paying members. This paying member says /VETO to the current instances. Put it back the way it was.

If the devs want to challenge the players, challenge us to find a new player vs find a new game to play.
    Corwyhn Lionheart and Andarriel like this.
  5. Millianna Augur

There’s no reason to have over tune 5 year old content.
  6. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

EQ has been too easy. Now it is difficult. It's as simple as that.
    Whulfgar likes this.
  7. Millianna Augur

Difficult or just waste more time? I don’t equate wasting time as difficult.
    Perplexed and Galien like this.
  8. Annastasya Augur

Thank Innoruuk. Gribbles was the worst thing that ever happened to this game. "Heroic Adventure" indeed. Sure the player base is always going to find the easiest path to experience gain, but none of these HA's should be so significantly faster or easier than all the others as to be the exclusive content used by so many for so long. Ramp up the difficulty, make them all take 30mins minimum i say, no matter how fast you kill.
  9. Gerbert New Member

Insightful response. Really glad you posted.
  10. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

Oh look snother snowflake, sweet! I'm so sorry you disagree, really I am...
  11. Kacman Augur

You are nothing but rude and lacking insight. You have posted nothing of value and keep calling others snowflakes. Maybe you should take your own advice.

You are an elitist snowflake. The absolute worst kind.
  12. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

Not the worst how bout when people were doing those monster missions from some guy in pok. lot of players would only do those and nothing else. If there gonna tune ha to be that much harder they need to give a big boost in xp unless there trying to make people quit ha altogether in that case just get rid of them. I vote for it to be retuned the way it was.

Andarriel
    Tronda and Vexana_Lanys like this.
  13. oldandnasty Augur

I don't get why people complain about the Gribbles missions. There's only one I like so I don't do the other two. I like the Marla ones better. Either way, no one twists anyone's arm to do any of them. My problem is that my J5 tank/healer merc combo is struggling to handle 2 pulls of anything above blue. If they are going to change difficulty the reward should be changed also, IMO.

I was enjoying the HAs until the change but the risk/reward and time factor has diminished to the point where they are not worth doing. As far a EoK/RoS goes, I don't see how I can kill in those zones w/o more merc AAs or a merc upgrade. I have no interest in making a Tank or Healer to focus on so I'm feeling stuck.
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  14. Kacman Augur

While Gribble's HAs are not the worst, they are in the top 5 list of most hated by me. I would rather gouge my eyes out with a spoon amd break all 10 digits with a nut cracker, than ever doing another. There are much worse things in EQ than that gnome, i would rather kill rhan assist.

Any static camp. Sitting in one place killing the same mobs over to try and spawn a name is boring as all hell (Bi'faak camp)

Any monster mission

But the absolute worst in EQ history must be the boomerang MM from Underfoot!
  15. Bigga Baddeboom Apprentice

I don't understand the logic in this game.

Why is having an easy mission every 3 hours granting 15 aas a bad thing? I only have another 15000 aas to max out my tank and about another 18000 for my bard/wizard.

If they want people out of the HAs, then make O/T easier - Why are people struggling in O/T, at 110 - it should be for 105+ to group in/box in. The other zones should be harder - make VP/ST a hard zone for high end players.

The reason I left before is because of the frustration level and i am starting to feel it come back again.
    Tronda, Funk and oldandnasty like this.
  16. Galien Journeyman

Queen Nok Nok's Tomb made me ding the max. 75 - followed by a 2 year break from EQ.
  17. OlavSkullcrusher Augur

Yes. This exactly.
    Funk and Andarriel like this.
  18. Slayerwolf Elder

Where's the dev comments on this? I can't and won't re-sub until this is fixed. I have nothing to do. I can't do old progression HAs and I can't do RoS HAs. I can do literally squat, so I canceled my subscription. I'm hoping they fix it soon, as I really DID like the game.
  19. Kacman Augur

I am discouraged by the lack of any official comment.

I will not resub or even login until thos is fixed. No more money from me.
  20. baider Elder

The bigger issue here is just as simple.
    1) harcore players and "elite" players arent going to quit because group content is easy, they may complain and whine on here and in game but ultimately they will still raid and level up alts and get by.
    2) less elite, less hardcore players are going to continue to drop like flies because the game just lost almost all appeal because they dont have the time to spend 2 hours per HA because their gear sucks and the classes of friends/random lfg they can muster suck.

So basically this change resulted in a major net loss of subscriptions at the cost of elite players who would continue playing anyway(and whining) being slightly happier and less whiny.

This was a very poor move in my opinion. DBG has been very geared towards appeasing elite players with raid content and progression, I really do not see why they thought it necessary to also appease them on trivial group content they dont do anyways, which lets be honest the only reason people whine is because they are upset other people get to level 110 so fast with max aa's also and they want their E-P***** to be the biggest in town still.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.