Fix your mistake

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Toomba, Jan 18, 2018.

1. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Factually incorrect.

EoK has >5< HAs, out of 69 quests and missions
    TBM has 9 HAs, out of 50 quests and missions
    TDS has 6 HAs, out of 109 quests and missions

Definitely not what I would call a huge chunk.
  2. Raccoo Augur

Ok, I was wrong there. I was thinking mainly of CoTF-TBM. Thinking about challengers, dichotomic, etc. I've already gotten all of EOK group achievements (besides the collections) so I wasn't thinking about that.
  3. Raccoo Augur

Also I thought I was talking about instanced zones, not just HAs. I haven't tried them yet, but I read where ALL instanced zones (CoTF and forward at least) were being ramped up to level 110.
  4. Tatanka Joe Schmo

I had heard it was just HAs, since they were designed to be scaled. I haven't heard anything else about non-HAs being re-scaled.
  5. Xnao Augur

6. Oakenblade Former ForumQuest Champion

[IMG]
  7. Gerbert New Member

I have a few problems with this statement.

1) You're assuming that they, DBG, are actively working to fix this "problem" when they're the ones that enacted the changes. It's been proven time and time again that their internal testing is sub par and they're inconsistent with data provided by external beta testers and test server participants.

2) "They don't pop out of thin air over night" Its been over 24 hours and the devs have yet to comment which isn't a good sign. They have however addressed the cactus, bugged items and a bugged achievement yet the elephant in the room goes untouched.

3) I'm a paying customer. To justify their lack of content creation by playing someone else's content or the tried and true "go outside dork, look at the sun" is just infantile. You may be content with mediocrity, and to each his/her own, but I'm not. I expect more from a professional gaming studio.
    Slippry likes this.
  8. Oakenblade Former ForumQuest Champion

I, too, demand that McDonalds cook my ribeye to a perfect medium rare.
  9. Kacman Augur

This post may be your most idiotic yet. Has zero reference to anything on the entire forums. Not even an applea to oranges analogy.

McDs doesn't even sell steak so you even failed at sarcasm.

Just give up on your continued attempts at derailing the legitimate concerns about the devs screw up. You are just trying to get the thread locked.

Maybe you should get disciplinary treatment for your continued abuse of forum rules
  10. Oakenblade Former ForumQuest Champion

You're right. I'm sorry. And thanks for teaching me about the McD's menu. It was embarrassing but at least I learned something new today.

I'll be better from now on, I promise. I'll flail about in these forums, like a toddler throwing a tantrum, stomping my feet, crying, and threatening to un-sub all my accounts the way everyone else does.

You've got a friend in me from now on.
  11. ptah Augur

I have to agree with Taka.. give them a week or two.. A patch for a patch if you will. Pre patch the FF mission was a joke. I don't know how that task was making anyone better. It was a hand out. btw I'm a returning player that does not raid. I find the group game to be better without raid gear.

Now what does this button do that is called a Disc? Or what is Adps stacking to get compounding returns on burst dps.. Its not about me its about others.

Now I do get laughed at from time to time. I think I'm the only one non raid toon looking to learn FF strat.. NDT tanking with toggle to and from adds to named.. with AE focus burn.. maybe. But I think DB will patch and adjust within a week or 2. Its most likely a small number adjustment that is going nutts is a complex math equation that a non player is working with.

TS is only fun when you got the pp to support a habit.. adventure well my friends
  12. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

[IMG]

As long as you’re willing to admit that.
  13. Tornicade_IV Augur

TBM has more than 9 HA.'s. probably more like 20 with 4 of them being required to do 6 times
  14. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Well, if that's the case, then they don't pay out any Remnants. Using this page:
    http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=124218

it shows 9 quests which can pay out RoTs. So, what other TBM quests are HAs?
  15. Cannikin Elder

Every single instanced mission/task in TBM scales up, and every one gives remnants. That's arguably the majority of the content in TBM. Believe me I've done most of them recently to get the hunter achievement. All trash in all instances are blue, white or yellow con to a 110, and all names are red.

There are way more than that Allakhazam list has. It doesn't even list 3 out of the 4 basic progression missions that you need to do 6 times each for Lesser Spirit Armor, and give the most remnants of any mission: In Defense of Health, Fate Rewards the Bold, We Make Our Own Rewards.

After all that was the whole gimmick of TBM: gear drops as base level 75 stuff and things "scale" by buying new vendor augs with the remnants you get as reward from all those scaling missions. Except that there is no TBM 110 gear, and you get absolutely nothing extra in return for the RoS difficulty mobs. So basically the entire expansion is screwed besides base zone named. Too bad for those needing to load up on type 5 augs which are absolutely essential these days?
    Tornicade_IV likes this.
  16. Tornicade_IV Augur

Just wanted to add that since December TBM progression for anyone 100-105 is now much harder since all the mobs over 105 in the static and instanced contact now cast the highest level of their spell lines which is ROS Spells.

Anyone leveling to 110 without doing this progression is sure gonna have a hard time going back just to get their achievements since the gear is obsolete at 106 outside of the stat augs which seem to be rather rare.
  17. monk12 Journeyman

It would just be great if they scaled the exp back like they did in Rof when other expansions came out. I just want the achievements.
    Yinla likes this.
  18. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

That shouldn't happen. If you know what spells they are casting that they shouldn't be do a post in the live bug thread.

I've seen this happen before but not in the last few years and the devs have changed the spells back once they are aware of them. The last time I remember was NPCs in House of Thule casting things they shouldn't.

The problem is they add the spells to the global NPC file and the higher level NPCs in older expansion start using them when they shouldn't.

We had trouble in TBM mission yesterday, I wonder if that was the same issue. Will have to check.
  19. Tornicade_IV Augur

I did a bugreport with the spells cast when it happened I ve been told it common with an level increase.
  20. Tornicade_IV Augur

you should always have a log on then you can pull u the parse anytime.. if the file gets too big just rename it and start a new one.
    Tatanka likes this.