Increase of conflagrant WHAT?!

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Legion, Jan 17, 2018.

1. Runzen Elder

While you're tinkering with stuffs, might I ask for powders to be foraged, these are far too rare to make potions for regular use ... slime could be a foraged thing too. Just a thought there, but the component for potions has been a foraged item in the past.
  2. Cleaver Augur

Ore is too rare and not enough NPCs drop it.
  3. Runzen Elder

give the man a break he just said he was going to fix it!
  4. Allayna Augur

While we are on item drops:

Raid chests randomly at best drop platinum
    As already said, none of the items for stat food or drink/potions etc are foraged currently
  5. SaffronYellowLotus Journeyman

OK something seems really broken today in The Overthere. Just spent a few hours killing sarnaks and every golem in the area, 6 golem spawn points so long pulls sometimes. Total was 22 conflag silk, 0 conflag wood, 0 conflag diamonds, 0 conflag ore. Yes, only silk. Normally the time I spent there would yeild at least 1 conflag wood, 2 or 3 conflag diamonds, 12 or so conflag silks, and maybe 1 conflag ore. Spent all day yesterday only killing golems and the occasional sarnak when no golems were to be found and got 0 ore drops after keeping more than 6 spawn points empty and did that for 4 hours. I don't think the ore drop rate needs to be adjusted slightly, it needs to be ramped up, wood too. 448k for a piece of conflag ore on my server is crazy talk. 118k for a piece of conflag wood is also insane. Best barter price is 350k for ore. Silk is 19k bazaar and barter. So unless you increase the drop rate 18 to 20 times what silk is you won't even be close. I am an SK and would like to make some gear this century.

Thank you for adding at least something like diamonds to the loot tables! At least rhino adds will give you a diamond once in a while instead of nothing but harassment. I still hate the rhinos. Let them drop ore and wood and I will lovingly harass them back.

One last thing, Now .49999% Achievement is just silly. .49999% is not slightly less than 1/2, it is less than 1/2 of 1%. Make it .49999 or 49.9999%. Might as well fix that math error too while you are at it.

Thank you for adding the output command but I wish you could choose what recipes you need instead of what you have done for post 300. I know which ones I have done as most are a pain to get mats for. Looking through 500 recipes to see what I might need to do makes my brain hurt.
  6. Drewie Augur

Well, a few other items are foraged with no known use, like Shimmering Vigna, Cooked Rabbit Meat, Bile Drippings, Drakefire Vetch ... It seems noone has discovered any recipe so far using those, could a dev confirm there are indeed working recipes ? I know they have the TS tag but still, all my tries have failed to combine and there doesn't seem to be any book or NPC giving at least a clue about what they're for. In EoK there was a new fish in Gates of Kor-Sha that happened to have the TS tag with no recipe attached whatsoever.
  7. Ngreth Thergn Developer

There is no working, or intended recipe for the RoS forages.
    UncleUms and Drewie like this.
  8. Risiko Augur

I love how people keep telling Ngreth what he did wrong even though he has already said he is fixing it.

It's like everybody has a stick poking the bear. I keep waiting for him to say screw it and make the drop rate even worse just because people keep poking him lol ;)
  9. Risiko Augur

OMG... that gives me an idea!

Ngreth you so should add a parchment that drops off of non-golems that when read says, "I was going to put ore drops on this mob, but people annoyed the crap out of me, so you get this worthless parchment instead".

Then have an an angry looking ogre in PoK that you turn 1000 of the parchments in to to get the title "the whiner".
  10. Ngreth Thergn Developer

Don't think it hasn't crossed my mind...
    NeverPayForLag, Smokezz, Dart and 6 others like this.
  11. Ratbo Peep Augur

So who's mind did it cross to let that fell cactus off the chain yesterday?
    <EG>
    -Rat
    PS: A parchment drop that says: "These are not the mobs you're looking for." - would indeed be funny!
    Risiko likes this.
  12. Risiko Augur

LOL!
  13. SaffronYellowLotus Journeyman

Funny. Until you need a drop from the mob yourself. Mages and other casters I am sure would find it especially funny. My enchanter is happy about the silk though.
  14. Novaburst New Member

Let's address the elephant in the room.... Collectable drop rates are 10 times better the previous expansions. Why? Can you retrofit previous expansions to the current drop rate?
  15. Runzen Elder

How is this the elephant in the room exactly ? yes drop rates are better in RoS than previous expansions... can we let them focus on the current stuff before asking for old content changes PLEASE???
  16. TenkenTurtle Elder

It honestly seems like a mix up. Succulent Spines drop like 90% of the time. Which are only used for the Crestra earring quest in 1 combine. Most anyone could ever use of this is possibly 5. Yet Succulent Flesh seems very rare along the 5% of the drop rate time. Succulent Flesh can be used over and over. The other food trade skill items Lacertilla Meat, and Lava Lizard Meat both drop on a much more consistent basis.
  17. fransisco Augur

Ya, Cresta items drop WAY to often in OT. Its crazy how many I get.
    For the silk vs other stuff, I don't think its off.

It takes 3 peices of ore to make a bp (and any of 3 failed subcombine loses 1 peice of ore).
    It takes 32 peices of silk (no typo there) to make a bp (any any of 4 failed subcombines loses 8 silks)

For the dust? I've seen more dust than ore/silk/wood combined. Mainly from sarnaks in OT and killing in howling stones.