On the Risk vs. Reward on HA retune

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by VorgeVephyrson, Jan 18, 2018.

1. VorgeVephyrson New Member

What is the though process behind the risk vs. reward balance in the level 110 retune of HA's?

Was this simply a move to discourage players from attempting to complete achievements in older content at a higher level?

This game as always prided itself on a strict concept of Risk vs. Reward. Why has it been abandoned?
  2. Metanis Bad Company

It appears the Everquest team at DBG is somewhat rudderless. Have you noticed that the only time you hear from a "Producer" is when they want you to buy something?
    Ratbo Peep and Tatanka like this.
  3. Fyuri Journeyman

I agree it's a risk vs. reward issue. I support retuning them, but make the mob kills grant at least EOK T1 level experience per mob kill.

It's good to usher players into current content, but people also need to have something semi-rewarding to do in a short play session or when you know you may have to go afk and would like to be able to return intermittently and finish at your own pace.

Yeah one day way back when I could play for 4-5 sessions and group grinds were my favorite way to play, but I'm 35 now, been playing 19 years, I have kids of my own, and I like having rewarding missions/has to do in the evenings when I know my son is going to pull me away to play Legos or I have to cook dinner.

Unfortunately RoS has no HAs and the missions cannot be boxed, either. So increasing the difficulty without retuning the reward means I simply won't use this content, and unfortunately there isn't anything to replace it for the purposes I mentioned.