Live Update Bugs 01/17/18

Discussion in 'Test Update Notes and Bug Roundup' started by EQ Dev, Jan 17, 2018.

1. Rorietoo New Member

Not a big thing, but when using the Find feature in items, the reset button can only be clicked at the top/center of where it says reset.
  2. Paladin Augur

3. Paladin Augur

Tools have always been returned even upon failure, no? The Cut Tool (i.e. Square Cut Tool) is being lost in fails like any other ingredient.
  4. segap Augur

Have another character on the same account that has that quest active? If so, that's an old, very annoying bug I wish they'd fix. It usually happens when you log one in, then switch to a different one without exiting the client.
    Yinla likes this.
  5. Evildo New Member

Why oh why are Merc not fixed as per patch notes ???

Please fix them asap Im lev 110 if i suspend my merc all experience disappears
  6. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Guild manager is not remembering my settings - changed it to see all yesterday as it was only showing 1 player on. Logged in today and it has returned to only showing 100 which was only showing 5 players one when in fact there were 21.

If we have to put up with this crock of ... for a month. it is going to drive half the guild insane, the rest will be drunk.
  7. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Head of the snake - Crypt of Sul HA - only getting 0.29 of an AA in ROS I would be getting around 1 AA a kill.

After yesterdays rescale to make HAs as hard as current content they should be giving equivalent EXP.
  8. Gialana Augur

Not sure if this is a bug or intentional, but these occurred in the level 110 version of Excavating an Answer from Cooper in Dead Hills.

The 14 red-con mobs that need to be killed for one version of the quest took longer to kill than any trash mob I've encountered in RoS. Also, their magic resist is higher than it's ever been, though I've never gotten that particular step on the pre-patch level 110 version. Even with tash, these mobs were resiting the beneficial buff dispell as much as 10 times in a row. Lower element was also often resisted. I've not encountered either of those on RoS mobs, nor in the level 100 versions of those HAs.
  9. Goodn Augur

No...not in all circumstances. About half the newer recipes with cut tools (not just RoS, but several expansions back), can lose the cut tool upon failure (no auto tool return). Why just these recipes? That's a question for the Devs. But it has been happening for some time now. For the most part, it only happens on tools that stack.

What I have done is buy 1k square cut tools and auto combine them into the next tool until about 100 or so left. Then repeat with the next cut tool in sequence, always leaving 100 or so left. Rinse and repeat until you have at least 100 of each on your toon (if seriously making things, you are going to have 1 of each anyway...might as well be 100). And then if you fail, you simply do not care.
  10. Angahran Augur

It appears to be stored in the main 'everquest' folder.
    Also, it does not appear to be working if you try to give it an alternate name/location.
    You get the message saying the file was created but no file is actually created.
  11. Vinjin Lorekeeper

The change to merchant windows so that it doesn't automatically put you back at the top after a purchase was a good one. My assumption was that this change should also apply to the Bazaar as well?

If it was, it currently does not.
  12. turlo Journeyman

I accept this is an intentional change. However, something is wrong. Not a single Distilled Grade AA item has dropped since the patch. I checked buyer mode. None are listed as available to buy (if they dropped on the server, they would show). I checked Lucy and Magelo. None are listed.

Distilled Grade AA Gormar Venom and Distilled Grade AA Nigriventer Venom should drop off of poison mobs. The others, historically, were plant based. No new plants have been found. No known recipe using the lower level (Tainted Privit for example) has been discovered yet. Nothing is mentioned about it in the poison book.

Please... if this is working as intended, give a hint on what we are missing.

EDIT: FOUND THE PROBLEM!

Ok, it appears that copy/paste was used on Tainted XXX. The problem is, they have the same name, which is causing a ton of confusion. My wife found a Tainted Laburnum that did not stack with the rest she had. She gave it to me to test, and it successfully made the new Distillate Grade AA. Could we get the item names changed to Conflagrant or something similar instead of using the same name as Tainted?

EDIT: Additional issue found

New poisons appear to have Required level of 100, which is the same as the Tainted based ones (which scale up from there). Shouldn't they be 106?
  13. UncleUms Journeyman

Pet HOLD and GHOLD is not working. I have tested this on 4 mages, two gold accounts and two FTP. Even when character is invisible and Hold OR Ghold is on, if I move that mage close to a mob (probably 25 to 50 units) the pets will attack with no provocation.
  14. Zaviere Augur

This is a bit of a funny one;

I noticed this morning, after clicking my Everlasting Chocolate Bar, that some extra, clearly unintended text is showing up at the end of the little emote/message the user gets.

"You break off a piece of chocolate and hand it to Atacil. begins to sing a song. <>"

That's exactly how it shows (minus the quotations).

Oops!
  15. nillayen New Member

Can you PLEASE look into whatever you have done to pet taunt and why they are unable to hold agro. At least acknowledge that you are aware of the issue. If things are as they intended just say so and I can stop paying for 2 of my accounts.
  16. Zhaunil_AB Augur

I have the same thing sometimes - it's not related to this patch but still in.
    I have the impression this is a kind of "bleed through" from boxing different accounts on the same computer, as the steps that get mixed in match with my boxes' open tasks.
  17. Paladin Augur

I have had this issue for years. The "extra" steps are "bleed over" from another toon on your account.

While not a new bug, it is something that should be fixed.
  18. Zhaunil_AB Augur

Not exactly a bug perhaps, but something that needs to be fixed/worked on, and since there is no discussion thread for the live patch, i post this here:

The guild window functionality is :
    1) Even when set to "all", people that zone are phased out of the list and not re-added unless "all" (or a high enough number to display all online) is selected (and i guess a query issued) again. This makes for rather short guild-lists over time in an otherwise quite lively guild, and is unacceptable.
    2) The arrow buttons for the pages... are another case bad UI design - i do not want to NEED the mouse to see all; use page-up/down as a default or allow key mappings or do away with the change as a whole.
    3) the drop-down selection listbox in the default UI is not wide enough, nor is the popup list long enough to cover the entries. (one has to scroll down to pick "all" and cannot differentiate between 1000 and 100 except by order)
    4) the window needs a "default" to be added and stored in the ini-file.
  19. Paladin Augur

Some of these posts are for things that affect every day game play. Will they be fixed and patched in before next month?
  20. Ngreth Thergn Developer

I'm not clear on the first part (DA), but from the information I have heard, the second part (not curable) is intentional.
    I'll look into this. It's generally (not always) an oversight.
    What is often more flexible on the return or not is a "mold." While technically a tool, sometimes we decide that a mold is "consumed" in some cases. We usually use a failure for this "sometimes." This is the trend to *emulate* real crafting in some ways where molds ARE sometimes consumed in the making of things.