Increase of conflagrant WHAT?!

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Legion, Jan 17, 2018.

1. Legion New Member

there are different types of conflagrant tradeskill materials that drop

ore and wood being the absolute rarest, not only are the mobs that drop them few by comparison, I mean seriously what is the ratio of golems(ore) to sarnaks(silk), to drakes/wurms(reptile skins) in any given zone. (maybe one of you smart folks can post this)

Now even making an effort to focus your energy on golems to get said ore, their drop rate is beyond ridiculous.

so now we get this patch and with it.......wait for it......wait for it.....TADA:

Increased the drop rate of Conflagrant Silk.

are you kidding me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

people are selling silk by the hundreds in bazaar, try to buy 1 freaking ore......................or enough ore to make or have something made for you.

Asking price on my server for a set of conflagrant armor 3-5 KRONOS, avg weapon 1.5-2M pp

ore armor users: sk , war. paly, zerk, shm , cler, bard, rogue, ranger
    weapons shields: used by ALL classes (need ore/wood)
  2. Deneldar New Member

I came to find out if that was a typo too. I have silk coming out of my ears, I can't get reptile hide for love nor money.
    There's always silk armor on the baz, small parts for as little as 100k. I've never seen a single piece of plate or leather armor for sale.
  3. Sancus Augur

My alts will accept donations of overflowing silk.
    fransisco and Thrillho like this.
  4. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

Well if there increasing silk guess I'm gonna be making a lot of caster armor lol. ore is definitely the rarest with reptile skin and ore afterwords. only thing easier to get than silk are diamonds people sell to my buyer all the time. and what about this new food and drink I don't ever ever see any slime or succulent flesh for sell or sold to me. since the expansion came live ive gotten like 10 of each total. Guess ill be making merchants feast and brew for the next five years be nice if they upped the drop rate on those too.

Andarriel
  5. Legion New Member

just realized thats true on my server too, if you want armor one guy is selling it usually for unreal prices, never seen any plate/chain armor in baz, one evening of hunting while focusing on any golems (good luck finding them in clusters like sarnaks), can yield up to 100 silk in one night and ore from 0 to maybe 3 or 4 if lucky, and as you go with your new ore to combine and are all happy and excited, it all turns to bitterness as you fail the combime and realize you need to log and try another day.
  6. Niskin Clockwork Arguer

7. Ngreth Thergn Developer

To make cloth armor, it requires 8 times (actually a bit more than 8 times because of the robe) than leather or metal. To make the component in metal and leather requires one ore/leather. To make the component in cloth requires 8 silk. AND the robe takes an additional cloth that the metal/leather armor does not require. All I did was adjust for that fact.

I had already accounted for needing twice as much meatal as leather/(cloth swatch) and it is, by table only, twice as common as leather and twice as common as 8 silks.

What I failed to account for is its use in weapons and shields, and the fact that less NPC's are available to drop metal than leather/silk.

And, unfortunately, I got the information of my mistake after design lock.

I will be increasing the drop rate.
  8. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

Definitely this. Golems are really sparse in comparison to the others and it’s not particularly close. Not to mention the higher hp that makes a lot of folks knee jerk try to avoid them altogether.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  9. Ngreth Thergn Developer

Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  10. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

yea its 32 silk to make robe vs 3 reptile or 3 ore to make a chest piece. Took me a while to make my ranger his set.

Andarriel

and just hope you don't fail the subcombines and the actual final combine.
  11. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

Any chance on increasing the drop rate on slime or succulent flesh? I was excited about making new food and drink as ive been making merchant stuff since it came out but the slime and flesh seem to be pretty darn rare.

Andarriel
  12. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

Yep sorry, was distracted and re-read your post and edited.

Thanks for bumping the rates Soon(tm)!
  13. Ngreth Thergn Developer

Will be looking at slime, and Powders as well.
  14. Deneldar New Member

That doesn't sound great for leather. I've made many robes despite the 32 silk req, plus all the smaller pieces, I've still got stock of unused swatches and I've taken silk off my buyer because I can buy it when I need it. I could have put half the casters on the server in confllagrant by now but my own character has boots gloves and 2 bracers, 5 skins worth.

It's possible I'm just spectacularly unlucky so I'd be interested to hear from anyone else.
  15. Warpeace Augur

Silks drop rate seemed fine before patch, the ore though...holly crap still looking and not paying Baz prices.
  16. Natal Augur

Keep in mind that many more classes need ore than silk or leather.
  17. Legion New Member

I read the comment about silk requiring more silks per piece
    here is something that was also not taken into account

there are 4 silk classes
    there are 3 leather classes
    there are 5 plate + 4 chain classes for a total of 9 classes that need ore, that on top of the acknowledged lack of mobs that drop the item.....and the fact that some of the alleged droppers compete to drop a quest item vs a tradeskill item........you see where the odds are going of getting the needed items, then casters and priests may want a shield or a weapon on top of their armor needs

the bottom line the need for ore and wood is HUGE !!!!!

while I think you cant go back and fix the expansion (by adding more golems) at least add ore and wood to the rest of the mobs
  18. Ngreth Thergn Developer

I accounted for 8 classes in the original drops (and left leather as "4", even though I knew it was 3) (more that I gave metal "double" the others and didn't "reduce" leather for only having 3)

The biggest problem is the lack of accounting for weapons/shields and the lower amount of appropriate mobs.

We can keep going over and over if you want...

I acknowledge that I got the numbers wrong and a change is needed.
    Risiko, Gyurika Godofwar and Tatanka like this.
  19. Legion New Member

I had already accounted for needing twice as much meatal as leather/(cloth swatch) and it is, by table only, twice as common as leather and twice as common as 8 silks

This is far from the case, you are not getting twice the ore as leather and most definatly not twice the ore per 8 silk (I imagine that would have been a ratio of 1 ore per 4 silk)

its only exacerbated by the lack of ore dropping mobs, but the ratio is more like 30 to 50 silks per 1 ore

one of the things that is being completely overlooked is the conflagrant wood, silk dropping mobs may drop wood on a 50+ to 1 ratio

20. Ngreth Thergn Developer

The current ratio is 16 to 1 silk to wood if we are making that comparison.
    8 to 1 ore to silk.
    PURELY by tables. Again, not accounting for the difference in the amount of NPC's
    (this is right now on live *BEFORE* I make updates to fix the issues with the fact that ore is too rare.)
    Cloudia, Dart, Risiko and 1 other person like this.