Exemplar channel

Discussion in 'Priests' started by Nerkina, Jan 3, 2018.

1. Crystilla Augur

Hi. I do still play and am in the channel every time I play. Zamboni is one of a small handful of folks in the channel as owner; however if mind serves, we might have had to make a slightly new one because the old owner no longer played and we lost access. However, PM me with the info so I can confirm if it's the one that's actually active with several of us.
  2. Nerkina Journeyman

I’ll ahoot you a message, it’s the same one, zamboni made me a moderator, as we’re rebuilding
  3. Denel New Member

4. Roxxanna Augur

Lol....only from high end raid guilds.
  5. Drogba Augur

I'd nominate someone for you to contact in game, if that is helpful, i know some fantastic clerics, if you're looking for quality.
  6. Nerkina Journeyman

Nominate away!
  7. Drogba Augur

PM'd. I didn't ask them, and don't want to embarrass anybody :)
  8. Crystilla Augur

While not fitting exactly the mold, I would highly nominate Roxxanna as she not only raids with multiple high end guilds (so having to deal with different styles successfully), she's one of the most helpful folks and skilled clerics I know utilizing all of her tools while multi-boxing those clerics on those raid teams as well.
  9. Brohg Augur

in what way does this seem to you to make her fit in here?
  10. Tallie Elder

I was a member of the old exemplar channel for years. I enjoyed it even if I rarely had time to just chat. At the same time, limiting it to two clerics per server gives you a mighty small pool of people to trade information or ideas with.
  11. Crystilla Augur

She's worked with many lesser skilled, just starting out clerics to help teach them. While not wearing the title of 'class lead' she exemplifies that role more than many class leads I've worked with in my 16 year career.
  12. Brohg Augur

Right. And you think this group explicitly formed to exclude those is where she wants to be?
  13. Roxxanna Augur

I really appreciate the thought Crystilla, but Brohg is correct. I've spent the last couple years moving from one raid guild to another looking for a place to fit in and all I found was a lot of clerics that were set in their ways, and a lot that didn't know their from a doorknob. The only time I was happy was in Tertium where I was class lead, and everyone did exactly as I said without question. I guess it's a character flaw of mine. After beating all the raids in EoK with Scarlet Vengence I decided to retire on top. (Though I still keep an eye on the forum). Unsure of if/when I'll come back.

The reason I lol at this thread is because I've met ALOT of clerics in "high end raid guilds" who were terrible. This forum and all you awesome clerics in here was what made me, not a exclusive club. Good luck with it, but I feel your going about it the wrong way.
  14. Cicelee Augur

This channel feels like a stuck up snobbish fraternity or sorority, where being a member makes you think you are better than everyone else because you have two or three Greek letters associated with your name. I sure hope I am incorrect. But just remember that exclusivity does not equate to more intelligent or talented...
  15. Seldom Augur

There's multiple channels like this that already exist and have existed for a long time. I have no problem with that personally. It does come across extremely odd to post about something so exclusive on a open forum though. If you're targeting two people per server, class leads and folks in top guilds........ Seems extremely easy to send them tells or invites........Anywho good luck!
  16. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

Seems a little harsh to expect that level of blind obedience (or overall gaming perfection) outside of top few guilds, imo.
  17. Roxxanna Augur

I wanted the best heal team on server. As I said, it's a character flaw of mine and a large factor in my retirement.
  18. Tallie Elder

I've been in a few top guilds, and I can't remember ever being expected to slavishly do what I was told without question.
  19. Clarisa Augur

I hope whether clerics are part of this channel or not that some of the best information finds its way to this forum :) I tend to post anything I think would be remotely useful to other clerics or suggestions to improve the class to the forums because even if some clerics don't agree with my methods or observations, there is a chance that someone out there might find it useful and having that information (along with information from others that might be more useful or relevant than mine) available out in the open is better than hoping they have the right connections to gain access to it.
  20. Tallie Elder

Clarisa, I don't always agree with you but I often learn something from you. Thanks!