Mercenary - Healer block spell list

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Redrum_Redrum, Jan 9, 2018.

1. Redrum_Redrum Augur

Does anybody have an updated block spell list for level 110 cleric merc healers?

Thanks
  2. MasterMagnus The Oracle of AllHigh

Updated from what? Care to share anyone? Only 89 using this (3 heals, mod rods, black bread, water).
    /blockspell add me 13 18272 18254 2538 2198 2199 3188
  3. Ofearl Slayer of all things Stupid

I have added the new devout line and promised line. Still horrible tho.
  4. Axxius Augur

Somebody really needs to adjust the merc healer AI to use Remedy instead of spamming Light. It's not 2008 anymore.
    Vumad and feeltheburn like this.
  5. Redrum_Redrum Augur

Here is what I have come up with so far for my merc healer spell block list. Feel free to add to it if needed. Please post what spell its blocking.

/blockspell add me 13 18272 18254 25124 25242 2198 2199 8165 1388 2538 1285 1299 43131 18271 43180 55159
    /blockspell add pet 13 18272 18254 25124 25242 2198 2199 8165 1388 2538 1285 1299 43131 18271 43180 55159
    IblisTheMage and MasterMagnus like this.
  6. Jaerlyn Augur

Hmm... I wonder if code supports some easy way of having spells blocked from mercs, but not from actual players. For example, I'm ok with 55159 from players. But I don't want mercs using it on me. (Same with 18272 line of spells, as well, I suppose.)

Also, why waste a blocked spell slot on 2538?
  7. Redrum_Redrum Augur

[quote="Jaerlyn, post: 3616698, member: 1391
    Also, why waste a blocked spell slot on 2538?[/quote]

Because nobody wants mod rods expecially from people that drive by cast them. Just like the food and water garbage. That spell does not block the newer mage mod rod so it wont affect most people anyways.
    MasterMagnus likes this.
  8. Jaerlyn Augur

I meant - why not just drop the mod rod in your house, etc, like you do all the other ones?
  9. Zhaunil_AB Augur

???
    I agree that the CLR merc AI coul dbe somewhat "more intelligent".
    But i really don't know what all of you are complaining about so much. Nor why you insist on working with extensive lists of blocked spells.
    I have no (zero, none, zilch) cleric spells blocked and get by just fine by simply choosing the appropriate merc stance.
    (unless i have issues due to being set to puller or LoS/similar issues that are not related to their spell selection but but "cast or not to cast" instead)
    I would even think that if you force a merc to cast remedies, you'll cut off your own foot, since mercs lack the AAs to make remedies viable in the long run.
  10. Niskin Clockwork Arguer

I think the original reason people started blocking spells from healer mercs was when they died with promised on and the cleric standing there like "what? I did my job."
  11. MasterMagnus The Oracle of AllHigh

I can only speak to (currently 89 J5 Healer merc) molo Necro pet tanking.

Goes from viable to very easy. Merc never drops below 85% mana, can take being beat on by an add while I maneuver the situation. It no longer uses slower cast, more mana, longer term heals.

Managing the rez isn't really an issue. If I've died the merc is suspended and only brought out when I'm ready for a rez.

Mod rods? don't need 'em. But thanks for throwing them out there while everyone is sitting around a public area waiting for buffs? Why do I have to manage destroying them? /blockspell to the rescue.
  12. Axxius Augur

I think you are replying to a wrong person. I just want the healer merc to be updated to the current situation.
  13. Zhaunil_AB Augur

No i wasn't replying to the wrong person. it was you who mentioned they should update the AI - to which i agree somewhat - wasn't it?
    You also mentioned that they should use remedies because light were "2008" - to which i say BS.
    (I agree though they could use their spells, incl. remedies, somewhat more.. intelligent, which is why i agree with the AI update)

But yes, i was also commenting in the same post about other people in this thread (like the OP) and elsewhere that keep blocking spells - which i do not understand as i am doing fine - and most likely hurt themselves more than they help without even realizing it, which i think is a shame.
  14. Dewhead Journeyman

I stopped blocking spells - the list gets out of hand now. The real fix for this is simply giving Merc owners the ability to tweak what spells their mercs cast through the merc tab - uncheck the heals/buffs you don't want to see cast, depending on your group make up. For example, if I have a druid, I'm going to take Skin+Symbol every time over Assurance but if I haven't got a druid, give me that Assurance. Then you go into having saved spellsets for mercs.

I'd pay station cash DBC for this feature.
  15. Wulfhere Augur

One example. Blocking spells be essential for tanks because of Harmonious line of spells.

In general, a tank must force a healer merc to cast quick direct heals as much as possible in order to tank current content (and since TDS). Since the introduction of healer mercs, the devs have rebalanced content in terms of max HP and constant healing. You can see this by the fact that defensive skills don't work. No dodging, parrying, riposting, blocking. Tanks will get hit and they will take damage has been the design.

The solutions to that gameplay imbalance have been defensive discs with time limits (all nerfed by 50% recently!!) and constant incessant healing. Blocking ineffective and inefficient spells cast by healer mercs has become part of the lore of being a good tank. Block those spells or die in group content. I've even seen healer mercs interrupt themselves multiple times because of DMG spikes and end up casting nothing while the tank (me) dies. Limiting their spell choices makes healer mercs more reliable. The spiky dmg of EOK and ROS mobs is too much for healer mercs that are allowed to cast Promises and Elixirs.

Back to the example, a paladin's Harmonious recourse casts a group heal and single target aggro each time the paladin receives a direct heal from another caster. So a smart paladin must block any other type of heal that a healer merc might cast so as to trigger Harmonious often. Besides a paladin can do Elixir healing themselves (if they choose).

The list of spells remains fairly constant, but needs updating as levels change. Blocking Rnk II spells works best (also blocks Rnk I spells), since that allows Rnk III spells to land that are cast by raid geared clerics.
    MasterMagnus and Metanis like this.