Need to update Mercenaries to scale Level 106-110

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Ranonman, Jan 8, 2018.

1. Ranonman Elder

I do not have the log to provide the issues. From my experience, level 105 cleric merc can perform better than level 110 merc. Overwriting druid's skin buff and more! @Devs, can you please look into this?!
  2. Stell_CT Elder

+1 They rely on Light and Group heals for everything. Keep casting res even after you say no, They are doing everything they did long ago that was fixed!
  3. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

I wish they would prioritise rez over buffing, very annoying on a wipe that they rez someone, then buff them, then rez the next person, and so on.

Rez everyone then use group buffs!
  4. Wuddane Elder

I like to wipe my group frequently to make things more interesting, so I agree it is annoying while using a mercenary that they rez/buff/rez/buff. You can micro-manage it...once they rez someone and they begin casting a buff, set them to passive to interrupt for a split second then back to an active stance and they will continue to rez.
  5. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

They have always overwritten druid skin. I have their Alliance type buff blocked as the only consistent way to prevent this.

They are annoying. The only good thing about the cleric merc is that they are far superior to the tank merc, which has always been lame.
  6. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

Website lag created double post.
  7. Koryu Professional Roadkill

Mercs treat rez like it has a short cooldown. If you see them start casting a buff spell instead of a rez, you can interrupt them by forcing Passive stance, then reactivate them with any other stance and they will rez again. If you have many dead group members, you'll have to do this once per corpse after the first.
  8. I'm With The Banned New Member

Mercs are useless. I saw one in the Guild Lobby and asked it for buffs for 5 minutes and it wouldn't even respond to me.
    IblisTheMage, Risiko and Fanra like this.
  9. Schadenfreude Augur

They have not always overwritten Druid skin. Level 105 and below Cleric mercs will happily cast symbol if you have Druid skin already. However, it's not a merc-only bug rather an issue on all the 106+ Surety/Skin buff lines.
  10. Tatanka Joe Schmo

The issue is, it's ignoring blocked spells. I have Assurance and Hand of Assurance blocked on myself. Assurance works (gets blocked, I just get a symbol). Once the merc hits 110, it cast's Hand of Assurance on me anyway, ignoring the block.

And I think I just found out why. Looking at ZAM, there is Hand of Assurance, CLR 110, HP/AC buff.

Then there is Hand of Assurance, CLR 92, spell haste buff.

And in my experience, the cleric spells have ALWAYS overwritten the druid skin spells.
  11. Jaerlyn Augur

This was not the case with the EoK spells. It was also not the case with many of the previous expac's versions, either.
  12. Faelyn New Member

I have a feeling that mercs were not tuned yet for RoS.

Cleric: They need an improvement to their AI. They can not keep a fully EoK geared warrior alive in most of RoS by themselves, this is due to either the HP % at which they start a heal is too low now, or the use of light spells instead of remedy, or the priority list perhaps needs adjustment to where whoever is marked as the MT in group is the first to get healed at said new % requirement, say 95% and merc starts to cast a remedy on the person marked as MT, and the rest of the group doesn't get a heal unless they drop to say 80% or lower and the MT isn't lower than 85%. I would not be able to survive much of anything I have done in RoS if I didn't play a healer class on my own. If I had to rely on a cleric mercs, there's no way I'd be able to complete most of RoS... with a fully geared out and max AA warrior mind you.

Another aspect I notice that causes many deaths is the use of group heals and any sort of DoT or ae damage taken by multiple players in a group at the same time. I notice that when the group takes damage the cleric mercs becomes dreadful and I am not certain why. I have used 3 cleric mercs before during missions that have heavy ae damage, and I notice zero difference in survivability than I do with using just 1 cleric merc, such as in End of Empires (yes I have the blocker aa for them and myself). They have a very difficult time keeping a group alive through dots and AE damage.

Wizzard: Wizzards were the main DPS merc to use as they edged out rogues and have the benefit of sitting still and just nuking away. In RoS though they run oom extremely fast ( this is with a bard twisting all of the mana I can) and do less DPS than rogues. They Run oom faster than my Bard runs out of endurance, which is pretty impressive atm.

Rogue: Rogue mercs are what I use now over Wizzards due the issues I mentioned with Wiz mercs. The biggest complaint i have with rogue mercs is they will go off and suicide themselves when I have a pull incoming. I assume this is due to my bard being in range of a group heal or when I run the bard back into the camp and he gets healed from the cleric merc before the pile of mobs is in camp, giving agro then to someone who isn't the puller hence making the rogues think oh let's go kill the mobs now! which in turn sends them off running way out and putting mobs into summoning mode while getting themselves killed. I would like a way for rogues to only assist on a mob if it is within a certain range of the Main Assist.

Warrior: I have no idea as I play a warrior myself, but given the state of all the other mercs, I can only assume they need some adjustments as well.

HP needs to be increased across the board to all mercs, as any there are plenty of ae's and dots in RoS that can kill them instantly, rendering them useless.
  13. Gialana Augur

I think the mercs could use more mana regen above level 105. When killing non-stop (i.e., always having aggro), they ran oom at 105. But even having downtime between mobs, they are running oom above level 105, and they only gain 2% mana per tick when they are meditating.
  14. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Well, figured out how to work around this. If you add by name, it adds the level 92 spell to the blocked list. I used this: /blockspell add me 55293
    That adds the level 110 cleric buff spell to blocked.

Note: this is mainly for druids who will always want to block Assurance. For other casters, it'll be situational, and you'll want to add hotkeys to toggle it, for when Skin is not available.

Tat
  15. Allayna Augur

Chain casting while only 1 in camp has any damage:

[55273/4756] Mending Splash Rk. II
    Classes: CLR/110
    Skill: Alteration
    Mana: 2928
    Target: Target Ring AE
    Range: 100', AE Range: 50'
    Resist: Beneficial, Blockable: Yes
    Focusable: Yes
    Casting: 3s, Recast: 15s, Timer: 1, Rest: 1.5s
    Hate: 100
    1: Increase Current HP by 7461
    Heals all allies surrounding a point you select for up to @1 hit points.

[55300/4742] Word of Greater Restoration Rk. II
    Mana: 3486
    Target: Caster Group
    AE Range: 100'
    Casting: 4s, Recast: 1.5s, Rest: 1.5s
    1: Increase Current HP by 17434
    2: Decrease Disease Counter by 38
    3: Decrease Poison Counter by 38
    4: Decrease Curse Counter by 30
    Mends the severe wounds of everyone in your group, healing up to @1 hit points as well as curing #2 disease counters, #3 poison counters, and #4 curse counters.

Casts on someone with no damage taken:

[55158/4708] Merciful Elixir Rk. II
    Classes: CLR/107
    Mana: 2530
    Target: Single
    Range: 200'
    Casting: 3s, Recast: 1.5s, Rest: 1.5s
    Duration: 24s+ (4 ticks) Song, Dispelable: Yes
    1: Increase Current HP by 9525 per tick
    Fills your target's body with healing elixir, healing #1 hit points every six seconds for %z.

[55291/4729] Elixir of Wulthan Rk. II
    Mana: 4945
    Target: Caster Group, MGB: Yes
    Range: 200', AE Range: 100'
    Casting: 4.5s, Recast: 1.5s, Rest: 1.5s
    Duration: 24s+ (4 ticks) Song, Dispelable: Yes
    1: Increase Current HP by 9525 per tick
    Fills your group with healing elixir, continually healing their wounds for @1 hit points every six seconds for up to %z.

[55203/4714] Promised Remedy Rk. II
    Classes: CLR/108
    Mana: 1377
    Target: Single
    Range: 200'
    Focusable: No
    Casting: 0.25s, Recast: 15s, Timer: 12, Rest: 1.5s
    Duration: 18s (3 ticks), Dispelable: Yes
    1: Cast: Promised Remedy Trigger II on Duration Fade
    2: Stacking: Delayed Heal Marker (55206)
    3: Stacking: Block new spell if slot 2 is 'Delayed Heal Marker' and < 0
    4: Stacking: Overwrite existing spell if slot 2 is 'Delayed Heal Marker' and < 0
    Imbues your target with the promise of a *#1#1 point heal in %z. Will heal for *#1#2 hit points instead if the target is under 20% of its maximum at that time.

We have had to add these additional spells to the blocked list so that it just casts renewals and lights.
  16. Allayna Augur

Update:

05/28/18 06:17:00 PMA fearstone alleviator tells the group, 'Casting Mending Splash Rk. II on Gimle's corpse.'
    05/28/18 06:17:04 PMA fearstone alleviator tells the group, 'Casting Word of Greater Restoration Rk. II on a fearstone alleviator.'
    05/28/18 06:18:15 PMA fearstone alleviator tells the group, 'Casting Mending Splash Rk. II on Kaelayen's corpse.'
    Garbage. Absolute garbage. Nice heal parse on corpses tho.
  17. IblisTheMage Augur

Would be lovely if blocked spells and other behavior things where located in a seperate file client-side that was merc specific, so that we could easily govern behavior and share good setups. Also, different people have different needs.
  18. segap Augur

The odd thing with healer mercs, is my tank's parses never show any healing from them. I can see in the log file that they're announcing Light heals on the tank. But the tank's log never has the "You are bathed in a..." heal line. It's a complete mystery just how much they actually heal when they're not parsable beyond spell casting counts. The only heals I actually parse numbers from them is from the HoTs.

My favorite thing about healer mercs is upon reviving them, they think to themselves, "hey, I see there is a corpse next to my owner, but since they have no buffs, I really should buff them. I can rez them once they're buffed." Buffs really should be their lowest priority in the AI.
    Koryu and IblisTheMage like this.
  19. Millianna Augur

The current healer merc is fine. I don’t need a healer for most of yard trash. What needs to be updated, is tank mercs.
    Gundolin likes this.
  20. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

I smell merc upgrades cooking via DBC...

CAN YOU SMELL WHAT DAYBREAK IS COOKIN'?
  21. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

Live feed of the DBG kitchen:
    [IMG]
    svann likes this.