well i think it's time

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by moogs, Jan 3, 2018.

1. IblisTheMage Augur

I am not a white knight, I am a chubby father of teenagers. Are you a teenager?
  2. mmats Augur

Give me a minute chubbs, Im dealing with a family matter here.

You see, like all lil bro's, you are predictable, and petty. It took me all of two seconds to detect the fishiness, and then confirmed after looking at your post history.

Now tell us, the good people of this thread, and the great people of Everquest... Do you really expect us to believe that you are posting for the first time in 5 years to say "what a stupid thing to say", and are not associated with a previously burned poster in this thread? Are you sure you have no connection to Oakenblade, whom you just happened to give a like to? He must be someone very special to you :D

I hope we can count on you to come clean lil bro. This is just as painful for me as it is for you. Your deceit as a lil bro is my failure as a big bro.
    Kyzvs likes this.
  3. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

that was like power leveling my wiz with kei back in the day was great.

Andarriel
  4. Kyzvs Augur

I'm sorta on the fence on this - but I will ask when will it stop? The speed you can level now is like a level 10 Wiz on KEI was then. It doesn't scratch your itch now, so what will? Do you really need level 105 buffs on newbies? Are there really not a million ways to level at a rate that is borderline ridiculous already?

I like the balance right now - I started in Kunark, these days I play the lower game almost exclusively until I finish explorinating and go past 80 to the funnel expansions that jam you into one small set of zones chasing one set of gear each.
  5. GoneFission Augur

The OP isn't proposing level 110 buffs land on everyone. They are suggesting that an area buff land on each character according to the recipient's level. The 110 voice of whatever would land on a level 40 as KEI and a level 25 as breeze without the caster having to search for the highest version each level can receive. I think that would be a benefit to the players.

Not so sure about buffs not wearing off. I think getting buffs periodically refreshed or replaced after a death is part of the game. Perma-buffs is just a new floor for player power, which then gets content tuned around that.
  6. Darchon_Xegony Augur

While this would be an interesting implementation of the removal of level requirements for buffs... it doesn't necessarily have to be.

Honestly... what is the trouble with a level 1 character receiving level 110 buffs in the 18th year and 24th expansion of EverQuest?

Sure they'd have 20k HP and unlimited HP/Mana regen. But you can already:

• Buy a heroic character and bypass levels 1-85 if you want to
    • Get a Tank mercenary who doesn't lose health and tanks 3-4 red cons up to level 60
    • PL the character with any level 110 boxed Priest or bard or magician or SK or Paladin or basically any class with healer merc up to level 80-90 in a day easily

For the people who want to experience the content in difficult mode, they can just not get these buffs or click them off... or much more likely they will be playing on TLPs where these buffs aren't available. On TLPs this change would be much less extreme and it would make leveling up if you are behind the curve marginally easier. On Phinigel for example this change would just let players get 3k in HP buffs with Conviction/Wunshi/Brell instead of about 1.5k with Temperance/Altuna/Brell. Really not a huge deal and as the expansions go forward this change may help facilitate bringing in new blood to the server, a notoriously difficult thing for past TLPs.

I like the idea because it simplifies one issue for newer/returning players so that they can get buffs that are regularly MGBed and don't have to wait for the magical level 75 or level 85 MGB to be cast to hit them in whatever level range they are at. Also it sort of gives you a new way to experience EverQuest with an high level buffs at low levels. You may actually be able to explore more difficult zones without as much worry in the level 1-70 level range instead of sticking to the easy EXP highway.
    Gyurika Godofwar and mmats like this.
  7. mmats Augur

They can be perma buffs that dont persist through death
  8. Oakenblade Former ForumQuest Champion

It's a pretty clear sign of mental dysfunction when the idea of two people perceiving you as a deebag is so profound to you, that the only logical conclusion you can muster is that they MUST be the same person. I truly believe that you truly believe you've got it figured out.
  9. mmats Augur

Can Buktum drink a glass of water while you say that? :)

You got caught red handed lil bro. Dont worry, mommy might still love you.

Switch back to the other account and continue this charade. It amuses me greatly. :D

[IMG]
  10. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

Answer machine sez....
    [IMG]
  11. mmats Augur

Thats a Magic 8-Ball. An answering machine looks like this

[IMG]

As Oakenblades guildmate, you arent doing much better so far. Perhaps you two should collaborate on your next response. The combined power of one and a half mental midgets might be what it takes to properly squeeze a lemon these days. ;)
  12. Tatanka Joe Schmo

13. moogs Augur

Would you guys mind taking your completely off topic nonsense to a completely different thread? Thank you.
    IblisTheMage likes this.
  14. Tatanka Joe Schmo

You guys? We're all one guy, isn't it obvious? /s
  15. IblisTheMage Augur

Sorry, you are right. But Sheex always make me laugh...
  16. HeatherPurrs Augur

FYI I literally don't know anyone under the age of 28 that plays. Most are 30+

Wait, I have to take that back. I do know a few teens and 10ish year olds who play because their mom or dad plays... Which I find fascinating. Are there any other online games with a second generation playing?
  17. slayerofbats Augur

This game needs a lead dev or director who actually plays the game. And someone who listens to new players. It seems like everyone is happy to only cater to the top end players, but that is how you make your game die.

Buffs are a joke, the level progression is a joke, the newbie experience is really bad, the UI needs work, all the challenge has been completely removed from the game while at the same time making it as grindy and tedious as ever, and there is nobody to play with until level 100. Devs, plz, srsly, ok?
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  18. moogs Augur

Auto-scaling buffs (or removing level requirements) would be a small step toward improving the experience for new and returning players.
  19. Barudin_Phinigel Augur

It wouldn't even be that detrimental to TLP to let the buffs hit level one. If anything it will help the low level people catch up on Phinny.
  20. Xyroff-cazic. Director of Sarcasm

My initial thought was that I was against the idea of allowing any buff to land on any level player, but this post makes a lot of sense. Especially the part about bringing new blood into TLP's if they are able to level up easily on their own. Could possibly hurt the bottom line a bit for DGB when it comes to selling heroic characters though, and I'm all in favor of DBG making $$ from this game so it keeps going.