Haven’t been able to get past server select since patch

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Rahkzor, Jan 7, 2018.

1. Rahkzor New Member

Every time i try to login i have gotten the message: an unknown error ocurred while trying to join the server. I have done everything imaginable to try to fix this and nothing has worked. Ive reinstalled the game multiple times, i even did a factory reset of the pc and still, this ive gotten nothing accomplished. Ive reset the router, tried other accounts, tried windowed mode, tried changing resoltion settings, made sure the correct exceptions were added to windows defender, turned off game bar, turned off proxy setting... everything listed in every forum post i could find over the past 4 days and still nothing.
  2. Rahkzor New Member

Update, windows defender appears to be the cause. Turned it completely off and i was able to log in just fine
  3. Rahkzor New Member

And a further update. Upon camping the game timed out with an unknown error and im back in the same situation as before. This is getting really annoying. If i can’t get it fixed before my sub runs out then i guess i wont be resubbing.
  4. Donutsz12 Elder

Ohh no.... Here we go again.. the empty threat "I won't be resubbing" like that is going to make a difference man come on.

If 8,000 people work and your the 1 with an issue then it's your pc. Do a full install of EQ from fresh maybe?
  5. Sarkaukar Augur

First, Defender may have reactivated - set an exception to exclude EQ and its folders from active scanning. If you are using a 3rd party antivirus program, do the same thing about excluding EQ folder and subfolders.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...dd-an-exclusion-to-windows-defender-antivirus
    I am aware of 2 other games where Defender is generated a false positive on the game's exe.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  6. MSquee New Member

I had the same problem as OP. Added EQ folder as an exemption on 3rd party antivirus as suggested by Sarkaukar and it worked.