patches time

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by gubman, Jan 5, 2018.

1. Huna Journeyman

Patches are like suspensions, suck it up and do the time.
    CatsPaws likes this.
  2. Fhirg New Member

This would be fine it it was only one single Wednesday during a month, we don't Raid on Wednesdays ;)
    In the last 30 days it's been patched 5 times during Euro raiding times and none of them were on a Wednesday. It's also crashed at least 4 times during our instanced raids, locking us out for 6+ days each time.
    Raiding only at weekends would not be enough time for raid progression on a TLP server.
    GhoulieTT and Botlhan like this.
  3. Nattevaak New Member

Yeah. this raid disrution is horrible. you need get better at information. a weeks notice, and information about how long you postpone something is a good start. after that, maybe rescedule patch times so they dont hit in the middle of euro raiding times every time. seeing a few US players saying its a minor inconvenience, im sure they will accept an evening patch now and again. and some customer service to aid when the server crash next time.
  4. Smokezz The Bane Crew

The exaggeration games! They've been patched 3 times so far in the last 30 days. Today is the 4th. I only see two posts about crashes on Agnarr on the support forum/TLP forum as well.

A new expansion was launched, it happens... likely after this patch it'll be back to the usual Wednesday routine. As for the crashes, yeah, that sucks. We've all been there.
  5. Fhirg New Member

6. Smokezz The Bane Crew

7. Fhirg New Member

Same outcome.
  8. Grimloth New Member

What plannet do you live on. This is not just about planned or unplanned maintenance, facts are for those of us in euroland we have regular crashes in the middle of our raid times and it leaves the guild with lockouts which the guides refuse to reset. We do not even get a sorry.

He makes a good point, many of use pay a lot of cash for a 3rd rate service. The very least they could of done on these occasions (feels like they are becoming weekly) is reset our lockouts so our schedules are not ruined. Remarkable people are defending this tragic service.
    Fhirg likes this.
  9. Candaan New Member

Agree with the comments.
    Server patches should occur at lower server population times and away from prime raiding times for as many raid teams as possible.
    The 10AM PST patch times has more impact. Why can't patches start earlier, like what is done with a larger patch.
    Fhirg likes this.
  10. Smokezz The Bane Crew

You think anyone gets a sorry when the live servers were crashing every two days a few months ago? And despite the opinions of you TLP'ers, *WE* pay a lot of cash for this too. The patches *WILL* go back to once a month soon. It's an expansion release. It affects everyone. They can't please everyone, no matter when they do it.

As for "prime raiding times" that Candaan posted, the Euro time would most certainly not be a "prime raiding" time for EverQuest. Sorry, but it's not. It would be nice if they went back to patching at 3am PST like they used to. I play during the day (your raiding time)... and it affects me as well. But they don't do it anymore, the player base doesn't support them waking up in the middle of the night to do it apparently.

10AM PST patches... this is the first time I've seen them do a 10AM patch. They're usually at 8AM PST - of course, this probably isn't much better for your time zone.
  11. alanon Lorekeeper

What's remarkable is you continue to pay for a 3rd rate service. For as many people that complain about these patches there is an equal amount of people who are perfectly fine with it. I for one have been waiting patiently for the merc xp problem to be fixed. My merc has gained zero aa in about 2 weeks so I'm hoping this patch addresses that. I like the time they chose to patch, usually I have to wait til I get home from work to play when they do the 6am patches but with a 10am patch i get 3 hours in before work.
  12. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

13. Mythanor New Member

All said above, but count me as signed. It's starting to get a bit ridiculous with the time of scheduled patches, and the server crashes that give us loot lock outs for 6 days, when only 20 minutes into an instance. Signed.
    Zoomie and Fhirg like this.
  14. Fhirg New Member

Whichever way you want to phrase it, it's 5 none-regularly scheduled days of disruption due to patches ;)

We aren't asking for miracles, just some consideration due to the current frequency of disruption.

- Patch at a lower populated server time for least disruption
    - or patch on a regular known day that people could plan around in advance, i.e. always plan to do a patch on day X, even if one isn't needed, just keep the window open.

The current rate of crashes just compounds the inconvenience.
    - Please force a reset on any open instances if the server crashes.
    Zoomie likes this.
  15. Gutdabar New Member

i also agree with this post, the patchs in EU Prime time is very annoying, Please Change it so the Americans can try to get they primetime patched so they can see why we in the EU timezone are complaning, The Uproar that would make would prolly make you see what we in the EU are feeling and why we are always complaining about this, yesterday ppl came on to see soon the servers was going to come down so most went off to do other stuff irl, and then when it was said it wouldnt come down, ppl ofcourse didnt know about this and didnt come back to check, it was going to go down at 7pm my time and come up again at 11pm, this is my window for playing on the week days, and now you are going to do it on the Friday up to a weekend, very VERY annoying, if you must then let the dev come in earlyer so you can put it befor 10am your time maybe 6am so servers can be back up in the EU Prime time, i am sure you can work around this problem with abit more planning on your side, no reason for you guys not to get up earlyer in the morning to make sure your players/those that pay so you can get a salary should be kept happy even if it means you have to be at work like normal ppl with normal jobs do.
  16. Peter Osbaeck New Member

+1 also agree with what the rest of the EU players, yet an other day patching and on a friday where most EU are planning long raids and now we are messed with once again, Sigh really should plan this better, it is very annoying....
  17. DarkRico New Member

Hi,

I play on Agnarr server and post to inform you of my disapointment in the service recieved by Day Break Games.

As of late the servers have become very unstable typically during european prime time. Resulting in continious patches, always during european primetime, also at times over issues not to do with our server.

It is becoming very tiresum to spend hours raiding only to find the server crashes, resulting in lockouts and the loss of all this hard work my many people across the servers. With no support from GM's to resolve the lock outs. Our first Vulak kill was in week 3 of velious, yet we have only been able to kill him 2 other times since due to server downs and lockouts. Tunare is also a simular story.

Additonally the information flow on the forums to its customers, with regards to the servers status on patching, only seems active during US primetime.

If DBG wants to keep its loyal customer base, the server uptime needs to improve and its service for its European customers needs to improve.

Sadly if it does not, I will look at other avenues to spend my time and money on my 3 accounts.

Darkrico
    Geroblue likes this.
  18. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

19. wiha Elder

I would have to agree with this if the game crashes or is shutdown for any reason the timers should be reset so the tasks can be reran that day not 5 or 6 days later
  20. Lacildar New Member

+1 signed here

Now I'm not form p99 but I played back in SOA times, and I came back to the game to re-live classic all the way up to PoP, on agnarr.
    Yes I remember patch nights back then.
    And yes they were not very funny, but we received update's on what is happing not just a line liek this : Server Downtime: Friday, January 5 @ 10:00 AM PT
    And 2 - 4 hours in to the patch we get and patch release update, say'ing this is what we are chang'ing.
    Why can't DB feed us more info on what is happ'ing ore what they are chang'ing before server's go down.

Another thing is instance's, I been here when server crash's and we get a lock out, now 1 raid each month is accepteble - but when it happen's more then 4 times a mounth, it starts to make me sade cause people are start'ing to leave on agnarr, and there arent that many EU raid-time guild's, if you want to be in a guild that has taken down all main bosses atm.

So therefor I hope DB listens, since when we come to PoP i'm fear'ing that there wont be enough people to take down Time.....
    Now I'm remember'ing that it was writhen - JOIN Agnarr and re-live classic up untill LDON.