Shaman - Barbarian - Foraging seems bugged

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Ryuda, Oct 8, 2017.

1. Ryuda Journeyman

I have a Shaman, Barbarian, bought 10/10 Foraging AA and I can activate it via ability but:

- no forage skills shows upin skill window
    - no foraging can be bought at shaman guild master
    - checking GM in home town Halas does show the the same - no forage

It seems it stays at 0/100 which should be in the window. Therefore the foraging items are typical "fail to locate any food nearby" ;)

Any Barbarian Shaman has the same problem?
    Oxgoad likes this.
  2. Cloudia Augur

just keep hitting forage key when it is available. Your chance to actually find something is pretty low until the skill gets over 50 so skilling is slow.
  3. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

I would suggest filing a petition or add to bug tracker.
    There have been a couple bug reports so if you add to it or file a petition then they would perhaps pursue more.
    https://dgcissuetracker.com/browse/EQ-1456
    Last updated Sept. I think it has something to do with getting that first point in place. Don't think shaman guild masters offer one for forage though.
    Oxgoad likes this.
  4. Oxgoad Lorekeeper

I have the same issue. I've submitted a petition. It looks like that's how it's been resolved for the six or so other people who reported it on dgcissuetracker.com. It seems to be an issue for the shaman class in general, not just for barbarians.
  5. Oxgoad Lorekeeper

Here's the response I received:

"Foraging AA does not grant the Foraging skill. It only allows you to raise your Foraging skill to higher levels, which is pointless if your character never purchased the Foraging skill with a skill point. It is not a bug, it is working as intended. As a courtesy I granted you one skill point into your foraging."
  6. Goneamuk Journeyman

I can testify foraging is working on new toons. Remember, it's under the actions box - you have to set 1 of them to forage and then click it. Same area you'd go to do Bind Wounds or Fish.
  7. Oxgoad Lorekeeper

Oh, I had the Actions button alright. But without any points in Foraging (i.e., less than 1), it was utterly useless.
  8. Goneamuk Journeyman

It should gain the first point (and the skill will appear on your skills list), after your first or second forage attempt. It works the same as learning a language. First it's not there, but after you learn that 1 point, it'll show up.