Question about the Account Suspensions

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Zlator, Jan 4, 2018.

1. Zlator New Member

I did not take part in all of this situation that is resulting in the mass suspensions, but I am curious about something and I would like to see you answer this 1 question for me. Can you provide me with a copy of the Rules of Conduct prior to your updating them on December 18th 2017? If the Rules of Conduct was in fact modified and had this new rule added within the update and previously did not exist, then you are opening yourselves up for a lawsuit as you cannot modify your rules to suit you needs without notifying your customers ( the gamers ) of these said changes and stating the date in which these changes would take effect. If this rule was previously listed prior to the update made to them on December 18th then you are justified in your actions. I feel that it would be in your best interest to link a copy of the archived Rules of Conduct prior to this latest update just to alleviate anyone else's curiosity in this matter. This information can be acquired with out without your willingness to produce it if someone wanted to actually force the issue.
  2. Khat_Nip Meow

Link to the current Rules of Conduct.
    Link to a copy/paste someone did to a forum back in January 2012 of the then-current Rules of Conduct.
    /Compare away

Edit to add: I see Thrillho also mentioned those same prior rules in the other thread.
    Thrillho likes this.
  3. Derrick New Member

EULA is dated (Last Updated on December 4, 2015)
    You will see this EULA when u log in your acct for the 1st time on the game launcher.

But Hidden inside the EULA, there is a Term of Service (Last Updated: July 25, 2017)
    I only found out about this Term of service yesterday.

You will not like what its inside.
    Basically, everything sum up =
    Daybreak reserves the right to suspend, restrict or terminate your access to or use of any Daybreak Game(s), at any time and for any reason, in its sole and absolute discretion.
  4. Febb Augur

They can terminate your account for any reason they see fit regardless if it is their EULA or not.
  5. Thesehips Journeyman

I'm sorry, but I'm not understanding when you say you only JUST found out about the ToS yesterday...?
    There is always a ToS in any game you play, any credit card you use, any ANYTHING you do just about...
    This includes all those naughty sites I'm sure you visit too.
  6. Derrick New Member

Simply not everyone is as observant as you.
    I use the launcher to play the game, pop up the EULA, accepted it and play the Game.

What most important should be in the EULA and should be shown immediately.
    Not going to go search for some term of services on the web when I'm at the game launcher.
  7. Thesehips Journeyman

I never said I read the EULA or ToS. I'm just saying there's always a ToS...
  8. Derrick New Member

Sorry then,
    just that reading all those and understanding every single line is a pain.
    like buying an insurance... someone will explain but in the end, how much can one comprehend?
    EULA is already a mind boggling enough.