EXP Bonus and EXP Pot

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Polpet, Jan 2, 2018.

1. Polpet Elder

I know that the Bonus and Lesson will Stack.

Someone told me that Bonus exp wont stack with the exp pots. Is that true?
  2. JustAQuestion Elder

XP Bonus + XP Pot = Yes
    XP Bonus + Lesson = Yes
    XP Bonus + XP Pot + Lesson = No

Lesson doesnt works with Pots.
  3. Telvanus Journeyman

Whats a lesson?
  4. Starr Elder

Its a veteran reward. Gives you double exp for 30 minutes every 24 hour. It is a benefit you get after having an account for 1 or 2 years I think.

Find it under the special tab for Alternative Abilities. It is called Lessons of the devoted or something like that.
  5. Machentoo Augur

Does not unlock till gates of discord though, so Agnarr players need not bother looking for it.
  6. Polpet Elder

Someone told me he tried a POT2 (25%) and he got the same AA on his Zerker without the POT. Same Grp / Same Level / Same AA. (Test Duration was 3 hrs)

We Need an offical post of our admins here . im not gonna waste my Money if it wont stack....
  7. Aziuno Augur

They stack.
    You won't get a developer response as it is a waste of their time, it's public knowledge that the Bonus + Pots stack.
    Your Zerker friend probably ran into one of the many possible variables with a exp group.. someone afking, someone not popping epics as much, someone not using cooldowns as often, someone geared leaving and replacing with same class but not same gear level /player skill level, pull speed, waiting on respawns, corpse run...
    All those things and more can change your EXP incoming rate, along with a 25% bump not being a easily noticeable bump... could give the perception they don't stack, but they do.

Edit:
    Also,
    It is EXP from Kill + Potion/Vetreward + Bonus,
    it is not multiplicative...
    there is no exp from kill * potion * bonus...
  8. JustAQuestion Elder

We need a DEV to check the stacking.

Have my PAL (68.04 XPs with 25% Pot) and SK (67.99 XPs with 50% Pot) in one group.
    After 2.5 hours, the PAL is level 68 with 42% and the SK is level 68 with 39% in level.

Something doesnt work here.
  9. Darchon_Xegony Augur

What are the races of these classes?
  10. Dythan Ban Lev in Plane of Fire guy

1st Question. Who has an SK and a PAL.
    2nd Question. Where are you trying to level? Even with that power team, I think you can get more then 40% of a level in 2.5 hours accidently, much less with potions and bonus xp.
  11. JustAQuestion Elder

@Darchon_Xegony
    No Halfing, so no racial or class xp Bonus/Penalty,HE PAL, DE SK.

@Dythan
    1. Who cares, I Play what I want.
    2. We are not discussing where/how I PL, and how high my efficiency is.

The matter is that both chars are in the same level, but one char should get 25% more xps, after 40% in level the gap was ~5% and that is to low.
  12. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

I imagine it's possible that the potions are only multiplying the server's base XP rate and not the increased amount you get once GoD releases. But until someone actually goes through and spreadsheets like 50-100 white con kills and marks the AA % earned for each one with both base, 25%, 50%, and bonus xp active I won't really be convinced there's something amiss.

And I don't care enough to do it myself.
  13. Baldur Augur

What about AA experience? You sure both were set to 0?

What about deaths, did anyone die during that 2.5 hours?
  14. Mrjon3s Augur

I bet you were pulling with the SK. If your too far away from a mob kill you don't get exp for it.
  15. Laronk Augur

Do you and the paladin have the same number of AA? Isn't there scaling to aa rates based on how many you have or is that live only?
  16. JustAQuestion Elder

@Baldur
    Both are at 0%, no deaths.

@Mrjon3s
    ... I pull the mobs to the group, and leave when all are dead, so no.

@Laronk
    PAL got ~30AA, SK got ~130AA, but your amount of AA effects later how you get AA XP but not normal XP... and with later I mean the time where you have 5000+ AAs not max 1k.
  17. KPW99 Lorekeeper

This has been confirmed, yes.

Normally you earn 100% exp.
    With 50% bonus exp you earn 150% exp.
    With 25% pot you earn 125% exp
    With 25% pot and 50% bonus exp you earn 175%
    They pot/lesson/bonus does not stack multiplicatively
  18. Zinth Augur

it isn't "25% more"...

normal exp is 100% the exp bonus was 50% this round afaik so we are at 150%
    now the one char uses a 25% potion and is at 175% exp and the other uses a 50% potion and is at 200% exp a total difference between those two are 12.5% (175/200 => 0,875 * 100 = 87.5% => 100% - 87.5% = 12.5% difference) which is neglible to percieve.
  19. Darchon_Xegony Augur

So I took some math classes in my day...

How is the difference between 200 - 175 = 12.5 instead of 25?
  20. Zinth Augur

Numerical the number is 25 yes (which would be called a percentage point difference of 25 but it is not 25% difference) but percentage it is 12.5% as I have shown in the formula. Why? Well first first number is 200(exp rate in %)... the other number is 175(exp rate in %)...

175/200 = 0,875 with me so far?
    Multiply with 100 to get percentage...
    100 * 0,875 = 87,5%
    so the 200(exp in %) is 100% then 175(exp rate in %) is 87,5% of the 200(exp rate in %)
    Making the difference of
    100(still %) - 87.5(still %) = 12.5%

Many fumble when they do math in percentages.

You can also change it around and say that your base number is the 175(exp rate in %) and find out how much bigger 200(exp rate in %) is compared to 175(exp rate in %) likes this

200/175 = 114,2857142857143 (long number in %) withdraw the 100% so 114,2857142857143 - 100 = 14,28571428571429 (still long number in %) let us short it down a bit to 14,29%
    and 200(exp rate in %) is 14,29% larger then 175(exp rate in %) but I would still use the first one to say the difference between them is 12.5%