well i think it's time

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by moogs, Jan 3, 2018.

1. moogs Augur

It would be nice to have a max level character cast an MGB or any other buff and have a level-appropriate version land on every character. No more of this having to load 6 versions of the same spell and testing to see which one is going to land on a lower level character if you don't keep a flowchart next to your PC at all times.
    Tronda, slayerofbats, mmats and 5 others like this.
  2. Darchon_Xegony Augur

Return to 2003 and let KEI and Virtue land on level 1s. Those were the days...

With Heroic Characters, the low level EXP curve and mercenaries, it's really surprising they've kept with level requirements on buffs. Just remove all Buff level requirements and let level 1s have absurd HP amounts. It does no harm to modern EQ.
    Geroblue, Andarriel, Buktum and 3 others like this.
  3. moogs Augur

When the Great Buff Nerf of 2003 dropped I was pretty new to the game and was only level 35. It took a full 3 days of playing for 15+ hour stretches to make it to 45 to get my KEI fix. I never want to return to The Dreadlands and until the day I die I will never forgive the developer who made that decision.

If game balance under 65 or so is still valued then please consider my request. If the early game no longer matters then Darchon is right. I think everyone would benefit except for the people having problems with buff piles.
  4. IblisTheMage Augur

Problem is tlp?
  5. mmats Augur

Agreed, also make buffs permanent if they currently last more than 30min
    Yinla and Gyurika Godofwar like this.
  6. Oakenblade Former ForumQuest Champion

Agreed. Also let all mobs just fall dead when my char looks in their general direction.
  7. mmats Augur

No, that would be too easy, even for really bad players such as yourself.

P.S. sarcasm is the only tool a fool has when they cant provide a counter argument. Congratulations.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  8. Darchon_Xegony Augur

Which is really not a problem.

The first level req comes in for 51-60 buffs in Kunark. Those buffs aren't a huge step above the classic alternatives.

Velious and Luclin add a few decent buffs but on the last few servers by the time these expansions have come out the majority of the server is past those early levels and this change would only help people catch up by breezing through these lower levels a little more quickly if they so choose.

Having just grouped 30-40 on Agnarr this past week with an out of group 60 Druid I can tell you there would've been 0 difference in the experience had I been casting group Chloro, spikes and skin like nature vs casting group Regrowth, thorns and glades. Either way it's pretty powerful coupled with how powerful characters are in modern EQ.

The permanent Buff thing is another issue entirely for another thread IMO. But I do think they should remove all level limits to beneficial buffs across all eras. At the very least revert it to the original 2003 implementation that allowed group buffs to hit anyone so long as you didn't target them to cast (though this is obviously the more clunky and less idea implementation)
  9. Tucoh Augur

I agree. Seriously.

I loved getting level 50 haste, regeneration etc as a young warrior and blowing out orcs in east Commonlands. Open that stuff up so high level characters can pretend to be Galadriel and Gandalf guiding young noobs through a treacherous world.
  10. Oakenblade Former ForumQuest Champion

I ams bad player...? Uh oh... :(

P.S. Arbitrary assertions is the only tool a fool has when... oh wait... crap!
    Buktum and Tatanka like this.
  11. mmats Augur

Mkay so since you still havent been able to provide a counter argument after racking your brain for hours now, I am assuming you concede there is little reason to not make buffs permanent if they last more than ~30-60 minutes currently.

Damn it feels good to stump someone. You take care.
  12. Oakenblade Former ForumQuest Champion

Mmmmmmm you argued so good and hard on this interweb. You did it! Good job winning an argument you were the only participant in, because you said so. Bask in that glorious victory. Careful with that jerking motion though, you might strain your wrist.
  13. mmats Augur

There were two until a man with low T opted for a quick retreat. Its a little brother thing, believe me I get it. I hold no ill will, and enjoy handing out these life lessons.

Until next time lil bro ;)

[IMG]
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  14. IblisTheMage Augur

You are kidding, right?
  15. mmats Augur

This thread was otherwise headed for necro status, but you saved it to ask this?
  16. IblisTheMage Augur

Correct.
  17. Buktum Lorekeeper

What a stupid thing to say.
  18. mmats Augur

Are you the white knight Ive heard so much about?

Your last post was in 2013, and you came out of retirement to post this? LOL, could it be an alt account of a sore individual from earlier in this thread? Looks to be so...

I am sorry things didnt go the way you expected lil bro :(. Maybe one day...
  19. Sirene_Fippy Okayest Bard

20. Buktum Lorekeeper

Indeed, I came out of "retirement" to post this on my 110 SK account... Cute that you looked up my post history too. I'm flattered that my simple response aroused you enough to go digging into my profile. Sad really but what could I expect from someone that seems to attack people for simply disagreeing?