Hortulanus Cryolex in Overthere

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Yinla, Dec 23, 2017.

1. Sokki Still Won't Buff You!!

I never said it was ok to do it every now and then. Just like in RL you might do it once or twice and get away with it, but if you do it multiple times or constantly you're bound to get caught.
  2. Cicelee Augur

Ummm, not one time in my entire real life did I consider stealing anything and think it would be OK...
  3. svann Augur

I think your analogy is backward.
    This is more like the guy going 100mph and griping to the cop that he doesnt give tickets to all the other drivers going 10mph over the limit. When is speeding ok and when is it not ok? When the cop says so.
  4. Millianna Augur

Stop with the stupid analogies. DBG launched knowing of the issue and didn’t care.
    Issk likes this.
  5. Bigstomp Augur

They cared enough to kill the npc until they could fix it properly.
    Elricvonclief, Tarvas and Tucoh like this.
  6. Bamboompow Augur

Please skip the witch hunt, banning and suspensions. If RoS was an unfinished release than allow the devs time to work on the fit and polish that we want as players. Having them play cops and robbers will takes away those valuable man hours. Plus, some of the blame is theirs or at least has to be ownes by DBG. Call it even once the exploit is fixed and the NPC returned.
    Lily likes this.
  7. Hiladdar Augur

This mechanic for lock outs has been used for years. In most missions, due to the length of the mission / HA this lockout mechanic is not an issue. But when entire mission can be completed in under 5 minutes it an be an design issue.

DBG knew about this and chose to roll this mission out in it's current format. Then when players found a work-around it was arbitrarily labeled "an exploit"

Based on how this issue was handled, in this case the word exploit is a euphemism for, sloppy design and blaming the customers and labeling them as exploiters to cover their a$$es.
  8. Smokezz The Bane Crew

Except it hasn't been labeled anything yet. This entire thread is a circlejerk of people guessing at what the issue is. No one knows except the developers. If it was something more nefarious than what's been posted, the people doing it also know.
    Elricvonclief, Thrillho and svann like this.
  9. Hiladdar Augur

Another stupid question ...

Why patch the client on Jan 2, and not reboot the zone to get the NPC back up?
  10. Smokezz The Bane Crew

Or since it's an instance, can it be hotfixed?
  11. Khat_Nip Meow

Not sure what game you're playing but there haven't been any EQ client patches yet this year.
    Prathun likes this.
  12. Sissruukk Rogue One

Probably playing the Android version...
    Thrillho likes this.
  13. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

No “arbitrary labeling” there. No, sir!

Or were you doing this...
    [IMG]
    ...when you penned the work-around label?
    Bahdah, Tarvas and Bobsmith like this.
  14. Bamboompow Augur

Patch was to end Frostfell related stuff.
  15. EQ Dev Developer

We haven't updated since 12/19/17.
    Edit: Quoting for clarity.
  16. Bahdah Augur

sooooo, the npc...
    svann likes this.
  17. Nerkina Journeyman

So we probably won’t get her back with this patch?
  18. Zaviere Augur

Sorry, I'll put away the can of Dev-Be-Gone :(
  19. feeltheburn Augur

so just on the off chance that a dev does read the boards sometime this millenium, when does the almighty governing body of Norrath believe they will feel inspired enough to fix this issue.
  20. Sindaiann Augur

Well that was informative

[IMG]
    feeltheburn and gotwar like this.