Abstruse gear - level 80

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by aindriuc, Jan 2, 2018.

1. aindriuc Elder

Hey guys,

I got my three boxes to level 80 today and someone recommended getting abstruse gear but there is only a piece or two in the bazaar. How do I get more of the abstruse gear or gear up more? Where do I go to where I can handle the mobs?

I am in old defiant gear mostly.

I was doing Gribbles heroic adventures to level up from 75.

I got a couple of pieces from the cotf vendor but it didn't affect my survivability much.

At level 78/79, I noticed I started dying on my SK in the easy HA. If I pulled a white mob with a blue, I was dead. Previously, I was able to take two or three mobs without dying.

Any tips to get through the next few levels would be great. I reckon I need to start focusing more on gearing up my SK as he's the one taking the hits.
    Thanks
  2. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

this is pretty handy http://everquest.allakhazam.com/wiki/eq:House_of_Thule_Armor_Guide

so you kinda jumped an expansion but that will be handy cause when your done with that armor you will have enough marks of valor to buy armor in Tainted Karana. Or you could buy some now but not sure with your levels that it would be better to wait. The drops you need for abstruse are pretty common, and then you can buy the template in baz since many folk make them and sell them ( I do for example) but you still have to shell out for the box to combine them in.

There is a whole thing involved in the progression of getting better armor and sometimes when you skip straight to HA cause every one said that is the fastest way to level then you loose out on armor you would get as drops just by killing in right zones. :(
  3. Raytan Augur

Abstruse Remnants (they look like purple orbs) can drop off named mobs in Feerrott, the Dream and House of Thule, Lower Floors. The orbs are no trade and there is a different Remnant for each visible slot. These orbs can be used for every class. The remnants need to be combined in a container, purchased in Feerrott, the Dream, along with a potion type object that is specific for classes. You also need a trade skill combine from silk and metal drops in the same zones as the Remnants. These will make the silk, cloth, chain, plate patterns you need to combine in the container. EQ Traders, ZAM, and I think EQ Resource will tell you exactly what you need and provide better information. The Abstruse armor, silk, metal, and trade skill parts can be traded. The remnants, and the purchased two parts and container can not be traded. The final combine in the purchased container is no fail.

Hope this helps.

Edit: Ooops, Catpaws replied while I was typing.
  4. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Yours is better since it gives a overview! Took me weeks to figure out how to make it based on info in Allah.
  5. Scorrpio Augur

Here is a pointer: try working on Seeds of Destruction progression. A 3-box at 80 with mercs should be very viable there. You can pick a lot of gear in Oceangreen Hills a quest rewards. A few other pieces come from other SoD areas (i.e. BP comes from Field of Scale) It will be Paragon gear, and it is roughly par with Abstruse.
    I.e. Paragon plate bracer is 91ac, 891hp. Abstruse Darktouch bracer is 94ac, 930hp. The difference is you can run all three of yours through SoD quests at same time and they all get rewards. For Abstruse you need to camp names in Feerrott, at 80 they are a doozy, the drops are not guaranteed and you need pretty high trivial crafted bits for those as well.
    moogs likes this.
  6. Scorrpio Augur

Another option you have is TBM gear, but I am not sure if you will be able to unlock the aug merchant in PoHealth. At 80 you can get base gear plus Stalwart Sulstones, 2k remnants ought to be enough to outfit one character.
    Example: Umbral plate bracer (12 remnants) + Stalwart Sulstone of the Fulcrum (90 remnants) gives a bracer with 98ac and 999hp among other things.
    NameAlreadyInUse and moogs like this.
  7. NameAlreadyInUse #CactusGate

TBM gear is the only gear I would recommend buying until you get to lvl 105 & EoK.
  8. CM99games Journeyman

At level 75+, you should do this quest first to unlock the TBM armor Vendor. Next, farm the TBM Heroic Adventure, Fate rewards the Bold for the currency to buy the augs. The TBM armor got me all the way up to level 105.