[RP/Story/OOC] A New Ogress Comes To Play

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Tugroka, Dec 4, 2017.

1. moogs Augur

2. Tugroka Journeyman

3. moogs Augur

A lot of the quests that are labeled Solo really require a group unless you're way overpowered for the content. The solo designation just means that the completion steps are updated for only 1 player at a time. It can be confusing. When you get a Group mission it will be called a Shared Task and the completion steps in the mission will be updated for all players in the task.
    Tugroka likes this.
  4. Tugroka Journeyman

IC: Day 7

"Me find da unded ting at da top of da veri big tower too hard for me. So me talk ta Gerr, and me deside ta go to da place were da bee laydees live."

"Da bee laydees hav big farrm were dey gro tings. Me not no what dey are, but Gerr kall dem jum jum. It be too sweet for me ta lik, but Gerr tak many ta sell."

"Den, me fite lots of big bee tings as well. Dere be skaley tings who werk in a big billding, but dey seem to be ahsleep. So me kill dem as well. Me not reely lik skaley tings."

"Soon, me find me way into da big hiv dat da bee laydees liv in. Me kant wait!"

OOC:

So, skipping the last part of the Dark Tower for now. Hoping my main pc comes in so I can at least try it without bad lag, lol.

So I moved onto the area of the Stone Hive. Wow. My first taste of annoying enemies, as they heal each other and buff each other if I don't pull them far from their friends. At least they aren't too difficult to fight. Just kinda boring.

Just stepped into Stone Hive, so let's see what happens.
  5. Tugroka Journeyman

Was able to defeat that undead dude in the Dark Tower today. Turned down my laptop graphics, focused only on the named, ignored the adds, then ran right up to the roof to continue the fight. All the while, I stunned and bled the named, ignoring the adds. My tank merc didn't run either!

Whew. Need to use my Berserker axe abilities more. I'm excited to continue now after that obstacle.
    moogs likes this.
  6. Tugroka Journeyman

IC: Day 8

"Me n Gerr fite our wai into da bee laydee place. It iz veri preeti. Me git lotz ov partz to eet. Gerr sai he no eet da partz, but he find lotz of shiny tings to keep and sell laterz."

"Me n Gerr find da kween bee laydee. But me smart ogre n me see dat she iz veri strong, so me tell Gerr ta leeve. Nowing when ta run awai iz veri smart!"

"So me n Gerr hed bak ta citi and me tink. Me tink about all dat me n Gerr ben dooing, and me reelize dat me haz been cha-chn, uhm ... ch-an-el-ing me inner berz-irk-er! Me den tink it tim ta talk ta berz-irk-er kat master in da citi."

OOC:

Queen bee lady is hella hard. Yeah, I'll bee coming back to her .. haha ... bee pun dere.

I hit level 51 yesterday, and got a message about using AA points. Wow, more stuff to confuse me with! LOL. Might take some time to go through them and see what is what. Right now, I just spent a few points and got another spot on my potion belt, as I've been using quite a number of potions I get.

Looks like the next place I'll be heading to is Goru'ka Mesa? Can't wait!
  7. moogs Augur

Are you a subscriber or free to play?
  8. Tugroka Journeyman

Got a sub about 3 days ago.
  9. moogs Augur

Sorry, just went back and saw that. You can Auto Grant the AA points and save literally thousands of hours of mindless grinding. Just be sure to pay attention to the activated ones so you can make hotkeys and learn what they do.
    Tugroka likes this.
  10. Tugroka Journeyman

IC: Day 9

"Me hed bak to da Maysa place, and me and Gerr kill mani squishy tings. Dere be wuffies, bares, snakes, tinee wing laydees, and even deer tings dat stand up and talk! Me tink dat iz veri strange."

"Gerr sayz dat me shood help dat tings in da Maysa place too. Me not kare, but Gerr sayz dat if me do, day will lik me. Dat guud ting! So me do dat."

"Me kill tings and Gerr kollekt tings me needz. Gerr no komplane lik dat stoopid hooman klerik laydee did. Me and Gerr hav much fun!"

"Dere wuz a tinee wing laydee dat wantz me to mak someting. Tinee wing laydee giv me tinee paper and tell me to reed dis and git what on paper. Me no kan reed, so me had Gerr reed it. Gerr sayz me need to git tings and mak a ting frum dem. Ugh."

OOC:

The Gora'kua Mesa place is huuuge. Things are everywhere, griffins and centaurs kicked my butt, and looks like I need to work on Tailoring to do a quest. Weeee!

Made it to level 53 before the new expansion came out today (RoS). I'm guessing things will slow down a bit now for leveling, though I do have some potions through a tutorial quest in PoK and from a /claim.

Can't wait til the server comes back up. Turgoka gonna become a tailor! LOL
  11. Tugroka Journeyman

IC: Day 10

"Me start to git bord wit da Mesa place, so Gerr tell me about a kat person in da big playne of smart people. So me sayz okay, and Gerr tak me dere."

"Me talk to kat person, and dey giv me tings to do. Me angree as dey were lik da tings me do in da Mesa, but Gerr sayz dat dese are spechul tings ta do. Like puzzelz. Me lik puzzelz!"

"Me and Gerr hed to da dorf landz to start fig-ur-eng out da puzzelz!"

OOC:

I needed a bit of a change of pace. I ended up making a Shaman to eventually box with my Berserker, but my dang new pc is being a pain. So have to send that back to the shop. In the meantime, I'm checking out these armor quests with Castlen Drewe in PoK.

He sent me to Butcherblock Mountains, with is a really nice place. Well, as long as dwarves stop attacking me. So I attacked back! Some were a bit hard, like the guards outside the city of Kaladim, but I killed quite a few, made it inside the city, and took out the King! .... yet I can't kill the dang Bixie Queen ... ugh.

I also did my cirst critical hit of 600 damage!

Here's some pictures!

[IMG]

[IMG]
    moogs likes this.
  12. Tugroka Journeyman

IC: Day 11

"Me go mani playsis wit Gerr az me figur out da puzzulez dat da kat persun giv me. Me go to playse wit blu puppies and brown puppies, me see da big hed tall hoomans, me see stoopid hoomans, and me go to playse wit blu elfsies."

"Me hav fun fiteing mani tings, and it help me git stronger. Me lerning how ta not git hit bai stiks and swords. Me also feel mor hardee!"

"Me tak a littl brake beefor me hed to da last playse."

OOC:

Oh ... TFW: You go and finally kill that annoying Bixie Queen, then realize you never got the quest first .... and have to do it again. Wow, that was one heck of a fight. GOt the Queen down to 2% health, she killed my tank merc, but I got her afterwards! Whew.

Doing Castlen Drewe's quests, I visited Qeynos and walked around, visited Blackburrow (and killed a human in there that REALLY gave a good/bad faction hit lol), walked through Halas fine, and even Neriak!

Freeport ... not so much. Yeowch. Need to figure out how to get in there without getting spanked!

But for now, working on heading farther into the Mesa, as well as visiting the last place for Castlen.
  13. Tugroka Journeyman

Hey all!

Doesn't look like I can play EverQuest anymore. Since my old motherboard died, I had to get a new one and a new video card (since that fried as well), and EverQuest apparently will not work with my new card I paid for.

Even putting it on the lowest of low video settings as well. Did some research around, and it looks like EQ is set for lower end video cards.

Ugh. It sucks, but I thought it best to cancel my sub and remove the game, since it's unplayable now.

Thanks for all who liked my stories. Be careful if you upgrade your video card!
  14. IblisTheMage Augur

May I suggest that you make a seperate thread for this tech issue? A lot of very clever tech people on these boards. Would hate to loose a dedicated and energetic fellow EQ-er.

Also, on your laptop: disabling shadows make a huge difference. I box 5 toons on a PC (quad xeon) that is 10 years old, with an updated gfx card. Also play on a top modern high end laptop, with no issues.
  15. moogs Augur

This is almost certainly incorrect information. Please check and be sure that your display cable is plugged into your dedicated video card and not your motherboard's onboard integrated video card. (That is used for troubleshooting.)