Shared Stealth

Discussion in 'Melee' started by Sissruukk, Dec 18, 2017.

1. Sissruukk Rogue One

I have used this a couple of times, and found a few things wrong with it:
    1. Description says 18 secs, but most anyone has gotten it for is 5.
    2. Some people that get it don't even get it for 5 secs (i.e. last night, we went through HS, and hit a part where I used it. 3 people had it for 5 secs, but 2 only for 2 secs before it dropped).
    Anyone else noticed anything with this, or reported this?
  2. segap Augur

Any combinations of other invis spells used? SoS has always been sort of buggy with other invises. Especially druid group camo.
  3. HeatherPurrs Augur

It's clearly broken.
  4. Sissruukk Rogue One

Hrm, well, last night the group had IVU running. The other time I ran it though I don't believe we had invis running at all. But let me test that out, see what happens when I hit a group with no invis at all on.
  5. segap Augur

But finding out if it's broken for a given scenario versus another helps get it fixed (and helps those that want to use it until then).

Personally, this will be one of the last things I spend AA on and have not tested it. I front load stuff that actually has useful impact.
  6. HeatherPurrs Augur

I checked this last night in regards to ticks and you're right. My tick could be running from 0-5 at 1:00 (one minute) and another toons tick could be running from 0-5 at 1:03 (one minute 3 seconds). I find this fascinating. No one in game that I've parsed is running of the exact same tick time...

Sorry, I'd never even thought about checking this before. I suspect everyone's ticks are server side but each person's tick is separated by a second or three.

I wonder if this is intentional or the result of lag?
  7. Sissruukk Rogue One

Interesting, that would explain why the warrior only had it for 2 secs then, he lives in the boonies in Alaska, so his latency runs higher than the rest of the group.
  8. HeatherPurrs Augur

Two ticks is 12 seconds. If he was hit at 5 on the first tick (time left zero) and he was lagged out by 3 seconds (time left on second tick 2 seconds, but that kind of lag is normally noticeable)... That would do it. Can you check the log file?
  9. Sissruukk Rogue One

I'll check when I get home tonight. What should I look for in my log file?
  10. HeatherPurrs Augur

The "cast" and the "no longer" messages and the times of both to the second. You may not have seconds on in your chat windows, most don't. Just create a chat window that you can't even see to record that kind of stuff for your log file. If you need help with the invisible chat window let me know.
  11. Sissruukk Rogue One

Alright, I will check it out tonight.
  12. Moege Augur

Timestamps get recorded in log file no matter what you are displaying in eq. In fact the timestamp in the window is a recent change.
  13. HeatherPurrs Augur

I was trying to explain that if data isn't going to a chat window it isn't sent to a log file and that if you're in game and want to check an event you have to have time stamps on in the window to see time stamps.
  14. Moege Augur

And that is wrong, it is sent to a log file no matter what you are displaying ingame.

If you are meaning the options->filters then I will agree with you, the way you a phrasing it reads that if no timestamps ingame then no timestamps in logfile.
  15. Bahdah Augur

I mean, Shared SoS...
    [IMG]
  16. Urnihixul New Member

When trying it in HS with my duo (rogue and shaman), I had to drop the shaman's own perfected invisibility spell (which was annoying, but kinda made sense, given that you don't want a very very short-term invisibility to overwrite a permanent one). This allowed me to get past the golems easy enough, but the undead still saw through it. Can anyone else verify that it is not working with undead? If it were to stack with IVU (no idea if it does), this wouldn't be a huge problem, but then again it really wouldn't be SoS.
  17. Sissruukk Rogue One

My apologies, I haven't really had time to work with this issue lately. I will try to get back to it this week and test it out, and try it with IVU and such. I have a few victims...er...friends that I can get together to test some of this stuff out with.