Veeshan's Peak: Heroic mission

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Tevraii, Dec 27, 2017.

1. Tevraii Journeyman

I'd like to ask for some suggestions on this. Tonight we tried it with 12. Clericx2, Druid, SK, Warriorx2, Rogue, Ranger, Paladin, Necrox2, Monk.

We burn when he is in the lava room to avoid oozes, then follow him up, but of course we get hit with shadow flames. Those 3 people have hung back and died while we dps him and then kill shade and drag bodies right before raptor area. We haven't proceeded past that part yet.

My question is, how do those of you who have succeeded, deal with the shadow flames? Is there a way to cure it? Maybe we just aren't thinking about it correctly. Even at the doorway it went viral to the pillow. I kindly ask for any strategies we might be missing. If we could get through the dot without it messing us up, I'm sure we could complete it. The dot seems to be a bit rough 214k in 12 seconds on 3 people.

We are halfway EoK raid geared with quality players in this particular group.

Thank you in advance.
    Tev
  2. Tevraii Journeyman

I will also add, we did have 8 at one point engage the raptors, but we didn't engage Talendor, we didn't know he would reset if not engaged. We thought aggroing the raptors would be enough to keep the event active. So with luck on the right people getting dotted we could have maybe succeeded, however, many times 1 cleric and the druid got Nexona on them. Bad luck.

Thank you.
  3. Riou EQResource

Shadow Flames isn't viral once it's on you, once the 3 people get hit they can return to raid and get healed, they will need big heals till it goes off since they don't have a group version of the dot, only raid version

If your DPS is HUGE, you can just burn the event from start to finish in like 5-10 minutes and avoid basically all mechanics except the first emote
  4. Tevraii Journeyman

Thank you for the response Riou. To clarify, when the emote occurs for the 3 people that are going to get hit. They stay back from the group and the second they see the dot on them, they can join us on the pillow and it won't be viral? They are only viral until they get the dot?
  5. Drogba Augur

The spell that is cast on the 3 people is an AE with 100 range.

aye, as soon as you get shadow flames, you can return to your group and get healing without fear of causing harm to others.
  6. Riou EQResource

Yea, the emote bombing the player is basically a 100 unit PBAE on the emoted person, that is the only way it will spread if other players are near them

The only really bad thing that can happen is if all your healers get emoted at same time it is basically RIP city, though if you have a real DPS group as your 2nd group they should be able to beat any single wave by themselves, this should provide enough time to Rez up the healers and such to recover
  7. Tevraii Journeyman

Thank you very much for the responses, I think with this information we can do this now. I really appreciate it.
  8. Vlerg Augur

Full burn him when he's casting shadow flame so you only get 1 wave of dot (possibly also use fortitude if 2 or 3 healer get hit by the DoT).

Talendor have very little HP... but the doT damage is just insane.
  9. Duhbeast Augur

Also, the drakes and meteors don't spawn until he's already walking down the hill, so stay a few paces back for that one. :p
  10. Tevraii Journeyman

Update: With your help and information, we beat it tonight. I am now sitting on my mount with my new familiar out. Thank you again kindly, it felt really good to win that.
    Riou and Khat_Nip like this.